Phantis Forums

2022 WCQ: Sweden - Greece (12 Oct. 2021, 21:45 EEST - Friends Arena, Solna)

Dutch Eagle

3 minutes ago, PaokCT said:

You ever play soccer before? It’s easier to score a header with bodies all around you from about 10 yards out than to miss it? You’re acting like he missed the goal by 15 yards.

Interesting! It’s a wonder why there aren’t 10 goals a game.

He had a free header, no challenge, 5 metres out. It's as easy as it gets at this level. If you don't understand the importance of scoring that goal take a look at the scoreline.

• Like it 1

All in all as people have said, lost it from other results. But this was encouraging. Seems like we came out the 2nd half a little timid too. Oh well, let’s end strong and try and get a result against Spain and beat Kosovo and get ready for next edition of nations league

• Like it 2

1 minute ago, Greek Style said:

He had a free header, no challenge, 5 metres out. It's as easy as it gets at this level. If you don't understand the importance of scoring that goal take a look at the scoreline.

I’m not saying it wasn’t important. It was. But to say it was an easy miss is wrong in my opinion. To say that it was easier to score than to miss is my opinion of that chance. But it’s all mute now.

Edited by PaokCT
  • Like it 1

3 minutes ago, nick said:

You can’t squander your chances. Pavlidis is a bench player at best. The coach blew this game starting him again after taking him out at half time last game.

Agree he is not much chop, slow, turns like a double decker bus and cant eat his bread and butter.

4 minutes ago, trotsk13 said:

Despite the loss, encouraging performance. This is why you have to take points from Georgia and Kosovo though 

Definitely I was thinking that at HT why didn’t we attack those teams like we did Sweden!

2 minutes ago, Ellada2004 said:

Definitely I was thinking that at HT why didn’t we attack those teams like we did Sweden!

Those weaker teams park the bus they don’t give any space because they don’t chase so a team like Greece will struggle to find space and open them up. 

• Like it 1

Just now, J1078 said:

Those weaker teams park the bus they don’t give any space because they don’t chase so a team like Greece will struggle to find space and open them up. 

Yes. This is what a lot of people don’t understand. Masouras wouldn’t have space to run behind their defenders cause they’d have 5-6 players back. You can’t find a lot of space against teams that sit all the way back.

• Like it 1

5 minutes ago, paokara777 said:

Look up and down the squad. Where are goals going to come from.

I don't see a prolific goal scorer anywhere near the NT. That is our issue.

We had Sweden in the first half no finish though. Imagine mitroglou on the end of some of those chances.

Anyways not that impressed with Sweden they beat us because of our own doing  and they didn’t deserve to beat Georgia early on in qualifying.

• Like it 1

4 minutes ago, PaokCT said:

It was fun chatting with you all this game! That first half was orgasmic. Best of luck to all, enjoy your nights!

Dominating without scoring is not orgasmic.

• Lazarus unfeatured this topic