Phantis Forums

2022 WCQ: Sweden - Greece (12 Oct. 2021, 21:45 EEST - Friends Arena, Solna)

Dutch Eagle

Just now, J1078 said:

If this is JVS vision of this team then I’m sold, beautiful football with high pressure. Our speed and pressure is causing Sweden to panic and make bad passes.

I don't think so. I think it's just desperation because the situation calls for it. A draw is a perfectly fine result for Sweden, but for us it would make it very hard. The good news is, we are bringing the desperation we need. Can we get one past Olsen though? 

1 minute ago, J1078 said:

If this is JVS vision of this team then I’m sold, beautiful football with high pressure. Our speed and pressure is causing Sweden to panic and make bad passes.

Our passing and movement was incredible that half. We just need that goal.

• Like it 1

Just now, Greek Style said:

How many more chances does Masouras want to burn? Also Pavlidis almost criminal to miss that header bread and butter for a CF. If we dont score they will trust me I've seen this so many times.

We’ve always had a hard time finishing, Masouras did finish one of his chances but it was offside. Yes the missed chances might come back to burn us in end but overall I’m loving what I’m seeing from this team. Even if we don’t win if this is the way we are going to be playing football from now on then we will start moving up again.

• Like it 1

2 minutes ago, Omonoia9 said:

I don't think so. I think it's just desperation because the situation calls for it. A draw is a perfectly fine result for Sweden, but for us it would make it very hard. The good news is, we are bringing the desperation we need. Can we get one past Olsen though? 

You may be right, but I do remember JVS saying from the minute he got here he wants to play a high tempo game. But I do see your point.

Shocking first half, as some others have said, this is the best half of football Hellas has played since 2014.

With the tiniest of margin difference this game could be 2-0 or even 3-0 in our favor.

We do, however, need to make all these chances into a goal. I fear the Swedes wont be unlucky enough to hit the woodwork over and over if they get chances like this.

• Like it 1

• Lazarus unfeatured this topic