Phantis Forums

2022 WCQ: Georgia - Greece (9 Oct. 2021, 19:00 EEST - Batumi Stadium, Batumi)

Dutch Eagle

Just now, Antaeus7 said:

We should be, Greece never make these matches easy when facing weaker opponents. 

I was being sarcastic i was the one complaining  all game that we are s%$#! against these type of opponents.

Greece needs to find a way to finish plays better. 

They are keeping the ball longer than in the past which is good but THE FINISH  still needs work.

Even that second goal was a bit lucky as it deflected off a Georgian foot. 

Still a good play to take advantage of a give-a-way.

On to Sweden.

• Like it 1

Just now, Ellada2004 said:

I was freaking out when I saw 0-0 in the 60 minute. At least I got home and tuned in to the final 20 minutes and saw a couple goals. Bravo Boys!

Dude i was so stressed i really thought we weren't going to score. HUGE WIN now it comes down to the Sweden game on Tuesday.

• Like it 1

2 minutes ago, Ellada2004 said:

When Tzolis came on he opened up a lot of space for everyone else. Gotta start him vs Sweden.

Thats what drove me crazy why bring him in so late. The only change was pavlidis for Pelkas. We need Tzolis and Douvakis to start against Sweden as he gave the Swedes problems last game. Also Siopis is a little Pitbull he works hard but has a very hard touch.

Edited by J1078

8 minutes ago, jarvis1981 said:

Greece needs to find a way to finish plays better. 

They are keeping the ball longer than in the past which is good but THE FINISH  still needs work.

Even that second goal was a bit lucky as it deflected off a Georgian foot. 

Still a good play to take advantage of a give-a-way.

On to Sweden.

For sure we got to play quicker one touch football and take our chances. We would have had 3 goals if VAR didn’t take it away. Something we haven’t done in awhile. At least we finally kept a CLEAN sheet.

JVS got the starting line up right today.

NT played well in first half. I think we were lucky in 2nd half but I’ll take it.

I think defence was solid today. Androutsos did well at RB. Only negative is we will have Tzavelas out of Sweden game after a yellow card.

Now we go to Sweden, for what will be like a final.

• Like it 2

Am I happy we won yes, did we deserve it no way in hell. We didn’t really offer much going forward. Masouras and Pavlidis didn’t link up well at all. This 3-4-3 doesn’t work with the players he decides to deploy in it. I lost count of how many times we’d regain possession to only have 2 players past half and no options for transitioning to attack. Tzolis needs to start plain and simple especially against teams like Georgia who sit back he has the skill needed to score a goal on a solo effort. 

• Like it 2