Phantis Forums

2022 WCQ: Georgia - Greece (9 Oct. 2021, 19:00 EEST - Batumi Stadium, Batumi)

Dutch Eagle

Greece need to come out and take the game to Georgia and put them away early. Especially if we have our key players in the starting eleven and JVS has has his tactics right as he did vs Sweden.

🇬🇷 🇬🇷 🇬🇷 

• Like it 2

Greece must not look ahead to Sweden. It's very important to focus solely on this upcoming match against Georgia. It's do or die. Anything less than three points and kiss your World Cup hopes good bye. I fully expect Sweden to defeat Kosovo at home. 

Edited by Antaeus7

Seems Zeca has suffered a serious knee injury over the weekend that will rule him out long term. He would have started these 2 games for sure, so it's a blow. Expect Siopis to start in his place. Remains to be seen if JVS calls anyone up to replace him. 

This game for some reason worries me, We tend to see Greece make it so much harder on themselves when they play these type of teams. JVS better have this team pressing and not allow them to take their foot off the gas as we saw what happened in the first game with Georgia and the last minute goal we conceded vs Kosovo. JVS better not have a defensive line up in this game.

• Like it 4

7 hours ago, J1078 said:

This game for some reason worries me, We tend to see Greece make it so much harder on themselves when they play these type of teams. JVS better have this team pressing and not allow them to take their foot off the gas as we saw what happened in the first game with Georgia and the last minute goal we conceded vs Kosovo. JVS better not have a defensive line up in this game.

Yes I’m worried more about how JVS and the team approach Georgia. I know that vs Sweden they will come out and give Sweden trouble. We need    3 points here and hopefully it’s a 2 goal win. 

20 hours ago, paokarag4 said:

Seems Zeca has suffered a serious knee injury over the weekend that will rule him out long term. He would have started these 2 games for sure, so it's a blow. Expect Siopis to start in his place. Remains to be seen if JVS calls anyone up to replace him. 

I would rather see Alexandropoulos start. He is the future and the now for me. He can do it all. His age shouldn’t matter. I would also put Siopis next to him.

• Like it 3

9 hours ago, Dean97 said:

I would rather see Alexandropoulos start. He is the future and the now for me. He can do it all. His age shouldn’t matter. I would also put Siopis next to him.

I like Alexandropoulos he has a bright future. Losing Zeca is a big loss more so when we play Sweden. He did a great job last game against them in tracking there dangerous players.

• Like it 1

Kyriakos Papadopoulos also ruled out of these 2 qualifiers with an injury. Not sure if JVS will call up someone else as he still has 4 CB's in the squad (Tzavellas, Xatzidiakos, Mavropanos and he has previously played Stafylidis there) There will be no replacement called for Zeca. 

• Like it 1

I was listening to a radio show Dokari Kai Mesa and they were saying Tzavellas may be unfit and that Staf would start in his place? I hope that is not the case. 

JVS better just go after Georgia and attack and press them hard and put the game away early. They are missing a couple starting players on their backline one is injured and the other is out due to suspension and their right back is there weak link so we need to expose that side. I hope he starts the in form Masouras!

• Like it 2

I don't mind the formation although, with Masouras, Tzolis and Pelkas fit there is probably enough there to go back to a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 but I guess JVS is hoping the team can build on the momentum from the Sweden game playing 5 at the back. 

The reverse game was probably our worst performance under JVS, goes without saying we need a much improved performance. I think we'll need to score 2 goals to win this game, we haven't kept a clean sheet in 8 games. Our attack is inconsistent, we'll need to have a good game attacking wise and create 6-7 'classic' chances so we can score the 2 we need. 

We need an easy goal, whether that comes from a set piece, a Bakasetas strike from range or a penalty we just need an easy and preferably early goal. 

Final thing we need to watch out for is their winger Kvaratskhelia, who scored Georgia's equaliser in the first game. Tricky winger who caused us plenty of problems last time out. Siopis will play a key role in supporting Androutsos who will likely face him most the game. 

• Like it 1

23 minutes ago, AEK RE GAMOTO said:

This  is the quietest I have seen this forum the day before a must win match for Hellas.

I hope its not a sign of people having given up, but rather, nervous anticipation.

I know right. I do think people have lost hope as its been so many years now since we qualified for a major tournament, i also think people don't have high expectations anymore with this team. For me I'm nervous as hell for some reason i see us playing a better game against Sweden then we do against Georgia. I hope I'm wrong but i don't have a great feeling about tomorrow.

• Like it 1

I am confident this time around JVS will have this team completely focused  on Georgia. He knows we need the win and the team will be confident after a great performance and win vs Sweden the biggest win for the NT in 7 years since they beat Ivory Coast at the World Cup. I think Georgia will have problems defending and I can see us getting the win.