Phantis Forums

ECL-GS-R2: PAOK - Slovan Bratislava (30-09-21, 22:00 EEST)

Blackhawk

They are a sh!t team. They lost to Shamrock Rovers and the EO swept them aside. There is no excuse for drawing against a side who could only foul and knock it up to the black lad who, to be fair, isn't a bad player.

Michailidis belongs in the B team. He is simply not good enough to be in the first team. He is a liability in defence and wastes the ball too many times trying to hit Hollywood balls cross field. He can barely stand on his own two feet.

The subs did absolutely nothing to change the game, although Karol held the ball up quite well. All in all, that was a dreadful performance and if we play like that against Copenhagen we haven't got a song and dance.

I really feel for Zivkovic. He was unstoppable when he first came and now he has sunk down to our level. Good look trying to get a move now.

It's nights like these where I question Lucescu. We should have started with the same 11 who started against AEK - why did he choose this game to rotate? This should have been 2/2 with rotation against OFI on Sunday. He has to take the blame for tonight's result (though I am sure he won't).

Edited by Athens4
  • Like it 1

36 minutes ago, PaokCT said:

And there goes first place. 

I would not say that yet. Two wins against Copenhagen and we are first, but we still have an away game in Bratislava. We just made our job so much harder. We always make it hard on ourselves. I think in the end we will finish second, but third place is also a possibility.

3 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

I would not say that yet. Two wins against Copenhagen and we are first, but we still have an away game in Bratislava.

Is that the Goose Island talking? :cowboy-052901: There is no way we are getting results against Copenhagen.

Mind you, knowing PAOK we will probably beat Copenhagen away, draw with them at home (they will equalise in the last minute or something), lose to Slovan and draw at home against Red Imps.

I am absolutely gutted that Sidcley is on loan and we outright own Lucas Taylor. Really wish it was the other way round.

PAOK always gets results when we are not favorites. I think we will do well against Copenhagen. It's the Slovans and Imps games that worry me.

Taylor has been good the last couple games. Most goals we sore come with his involvement. Our problems are midfield and very slow and unreliable defense. Mihaj and Michailidis in 2nd half our worst players today.

• Like it 1