Phantis Forums

SL1-R4: PAOK - AEK (26-09-21, 20:30 EEST)

Blackhawk

I was pretty happy with this game. Some dumb mistakes, but the team was much better put-together than before. I am not particularly bothered by our CBs - I hope this is our core, long-term. They have a lot more to offer than the old guard.

-edit- tho I'll note that Mihaj's tendency to boot the ball out of play instead of just passing to our GK is very concerning. Shows poor awareness.

Edited by pash
  • Like it 1

Our best performance of the season so far, Bieseswar back to his 2018-19 brilliant best today. Sidcley and Schwab were both also very good.

We've done well to come through this grinding schedule with the results we have managed to get, 2 more games and then most of the squad will be able to rest over the international break. With a little luck El-Kaddouri and Ingason will be fit by then too. 

3 hours ago, paokarag4 said:

Our best performance of the season so far, Bieseswar back to his 2018-19 brilliant best today. Sidcley and Schwab were both also very good.

We've done well to come through this grinding schedule with the results we have managed to get, 2 more games and then most of the squad will be able to rest over the international break. With a little luck El-Kaddouri and Ingason will be fit by then too. 

We desperately need Sveri back. The young guys are the future but they are too flaky to hold it down for an entire season.

The PAOK produced behind the scenes videos for each game are always fun to watch. This one for the game with AEK was quite good. Notice the double middle finger salute by a fan in the stands at the 6:16 minute mark.

• Like it 1

3 hours ago, pash said:

I was incredibly amused at the scene shown at the 8:28 mark - Biseswar getting ice applied to both knees because God knows he shouldn't have been out there that long hahaha

Lucescu is going to use him until there is nothing left and then keep playing him for another 6 games and then wonder why his output has reduced. Why he has played every game so far is beyond me. Setting aside the fact he should be 5-10kg lighter he is still a 33 year old playing in midfield. He needs a rest before he breaks.