Phantis Forums

2022 WCQ: Greece - Sweden (8 Sep. 2021, 21:45 EEST - Olympic Stadium, Athens)

Dutch Eagle

Hello,

I am from Holland and want to visit a football game in Greece. 

On September 8 I will be in Athens. I would like to visit the match Greece versus Sweden.
I connot find any information about ticket sales and Covid-19 measures on the website of the greece Football Federation.

Are there any members of this group who can tell me if it's possible to visit this match and how to get tickets?

Thanks in advance.
  • Like it 1

15 hours ago, J1078 said:

If we lose to Kosovo then this game won’t matter anyways. But I agree anything less then 6 points in our next two games ends our hopes completely.

The match vs Kosovo is a MUST 3 points. If Spain beat Sweden this week  then that will be a big boost for us as Sweden will stay on 6 points heading into the match with 🇬🇷 

If Greece get six points we will be ahead of the Swedes and hopefully in October we will get back some of our key injured players and keep getting results.

• Like it 2

13 minutes ago, PaokCT said:

Guys , 

Do we want Spain to beat Sweden to give us an easier shot at 2nd or Sweden beat Spain so if we win both games this week we would still have a shot at first?

I think now we definitely need Spain to take max points of Sweden, had Greece beaten Georgia (which they should have) then I would have wanted Sweden to get the win vs Spain.

• Like it 2

Our history against Sweden:

6 games - 2 wins, 3 ties, 1 loss

There is also a game we played against Sweden in the 1920 Olympics, which we lost 9:0, but it's not an official FIFA game because EPO did not exist then.

• Like it 1

21 hours ago, PaokCT said:

Guys , 

Do we want Spain to beat Sweden to give us an easier shot at 2nd or Sweden beat Spain so if we win both games this week we would still have a shot at first?

I wouldn’t worry at all what happens in the other matches. It’s early still. Every team controls their own fate. Ifgreece wins all their matches they’ll win the group. That’s all they have to worry about. Taking care of their own business 

• Like it 1

Qualification is just about gone, for what it's worth we play our final hand in this game. As poor we were against Kosovo the reality is if we somehow manage to beat Sweden we would only be three points behind them with 4 games to play. The team needs to re-group and go again, if we pull off what would be a famous victory we are still alive. We currently have a very very faint pulse, but it's still a pulse. 

The staring XI needs to be changed, Bouchalakis can not start. He was our worst against Kosovo, Sweden will run rings around him and feed off his poor touches and constant turnovers. I start Zeca instead of him and it doesn't bother me that he and Siopis are similar players we need to play our best available with so many outs.

Hopefully Tzolis is fit to give us an option in attack..... 

9 hours ago, paokarag4 said:

Qualification is just about gone, for what it's worth we play our final hand in this game. As poor we were against Kosovo the reality is if we somehow manage to beat Sweden we would only be three points behind them with 4 games to play. The team needs to re-group and go again, if we pull off what would be a famous victory we are still alive. We currently have a very very faint pulse, but it's still a pulse. 

The staring XI needs to be changed, Bouchalakis can not start. He was our worst against Kosovo, Sweden will run rings around him and feed off his poor touches and constant turnovers. I start Zeca instead of him and it doesn't bother me that he and Siopis are similar players we need to play our best available with so many outs.

Hopefully Tzolis is fit to give us an option in attack..... 

The only way Greece still have a chance is if they win all of there remaining games which includes beating Sweden twice and Spain. I cant see that happening at all. Mathematically we are still alive but realistically i see no chance. What would give any of us confidence after seeing a horrible 3 games to start this campaign. Right now we should be sitting with 7 points instead of 3. At best I see another draw in the Sweden game. We are probably going to see JVS not going for it and sitting back playing not to lose so i cant see us getting more then a couple chances to score.

Edited by J1078
  • Like it 2

4 hours ago, J1078 said:

The only way Greece still have a chance is if they win all of there remaining games which includes beating Sweden twice and Spain. I cant see that happening at all. Mathematically we are still alive but realistically i see no chance. What would give any of us confidence after seeing a horrible 3 games to start this campaign. Right now we should be sitting with 7 points instead of 3. At best I see another draw in the Sweden game. We are probably going to see JVS not going for it and sitting back playing not to lose so i cant see us getting more then a couple chances to score.

It’s in our hands if first tie breaker is head to head. 5 games left , best possibility is 15 more points  , would put us at 18 points. Spain has 5 games left and have 9 points. If we beat them twice the most they can do is get 9. And they still have to play Spain. 

Listen, it’s not going to happen. Nothing I have seen this campaign has convinced me we can beat Sweden twice and Spain. However, we win out , we advance 

• Like it 1

5 hours ago, Jimmyp said:

They will win this game just to give everyone false hope. Watch. 

I have a feelng we will play much better and maybe squeeze out a win vs Sweden. Afterall Greece always shows up vs the bigger footballing nations. I just think in the end will end up missing out by blowing this last game and the one vs Georgia.

2 hours ago, PaokCT said:

It’s in our hands if first tie breaker is head to head. 5 games left , best possibility is 15 more points  , would put us at 18 points. Spain has 5 games left and have 9 points. If we beat them twice the most they can do is get 9. And they still have to play Spain. 

Listen, it’s not going to happen. Nothing I have seen this campaign has convinced me we can beat Sweden twice and Spain. However, we win out , we advance 

Just to clarify, the first tiebreaker is goal differential. 

Guys I was listening to the Gate 7 podcast, they too were dismayed with our performance and JVS tactics and subs. One of the shows contributers from Greece said he spoke to someone who has inside knowledge of the workings of the NT and he said that all these moves JVS makes are HIS and his alone! SO he has chosen to entrust Bakasetas with our World Cup aspirations? Also he touched on the fact that JVS did not want to reach out to Manolas and Sokratis because he cant deal with even the smallest amount of "disent" within the team. This guy needs to GET the F*** out of our ETHNIKI! And EPO is paying JVS around 1.5 per year? For what! Ante Geia!!

We need to drop Bakasetas and Bouchalakis for this game, I know Mantalos has been very poor in both games (Swiss and Kosovo) but let him start and settle into the game, get Zeca with Siopis since we cant just throw Alexandropoulos into this game.

Also for the love of god, go in there strong from kick off, against both Swiss and Kos we were watching them play football in the first 20 mins, this is ridiculous. 

Lastly, play wingers!!! 

• Lazarus unfeatured this topic