Phantis Forums

2022 WCQ: Kosovo - Greece (5 Sep. 2021, 21:45 EEST - Fadil Vokrri Stadium, Pristina)

J1078

5 minutes ago, Ellada2004 said:

Disgusting performance! We should have held on though it was a ridicoulos goal to conceed! 

JVS what happened to his 4-3-3 attack and high pressing?

We could barely create anything in attack today and we sat back vs this mediocore side.

JVS should be FIRED TODAY!

Truly unacceptable. Being content with a 1-0 against a team like that means the coach deserves to be terminated. Seems like JVS has no faith in the players he’s chosen.

• Like it 2

Just now, Dean97 said:

Truly unacceptable. Being content with a 1-0 against a team like that means the coach deserves to be terminated. Seems like JVS has no faith in the players he’s chosen.

I am just disgusted, there goes the world cup in 3 games!!

Tough situation, because he had 3-4 injured players, but team should have got max points at Kosovo.

If you sack JVS what then, bring on new manager and call back Manolas, Soc and Siovas. They all going to be retired by the time we make another tournament. The way forward for now is with Tzimikas, Gianoulis, Tziolis, Douvikas, Alexandropoulos, Hatzidiakos, Pavlidis, Mavropanos. In 2001 we played Finland and lost 5-1 with Karagounis, Basinas and Zagorakis in the midfield. 

8 minutes ago, Jimmyp said:

The coach is terrible sure I get that. But it’s not like he has so much talent to choose from. Tsimikas doesn’t look like a Liverpool player to me. Vlachodimos is so overrated it’s not funny. He’s in no mans land during that last goal. Either come out or stay in don’t just flail at the ball like a fish out of water. Mavropanos needs to retire at 22. Soccer isn’t for him. 

I’d take Mavropanos over Svarnas and Tzavellas any day. There a reason he went from Pas Giannina to Arsenal at a young age. He’s a beast in Germany aswell. He isn’t the problem. Tzavellas and Bakasetas are the ones we should be blaming.

• Like it 1

1 minute ago, kbxk508 said:

Tough situation, because he had 3-4 injured players, but team should have got max points at Kosovo.

If you sack JVS what then, bring on new manager and call back Manolas, Soc and Siovas. They all going to be retired by the time we make another tournament. The way forward for now is with Tzimikas, Gianoulis, Tziolis, Douvikas, Alexandropoulos, Hatzidiakos, Pavlidis, Mavropanos. In 2001 we played Finland and lost 5-1 with Karagounis, Basinas and Zagorakis in the midfield. 

I get what your saying but why in the world did JVS pull Douvikas off? 

18 minutes ago, kbxk508 said:

Since the day JVS took over those players you mentioned should’ve been the spine of the team. What’s wrong with picking and rotating CBs like Nikolaou, Retsos, Mavropanos and Hatzidiakos? But no he has to pick 33 year old Tzavellas and a LB like Stafylidis and Giannoulis at CB.

Tzolis and Alexandropoulos should be starting every time now. Douvikas, Pavlidis and Fountas should be our strikers. Fortounis and Fetfatzidis are still our most creative players we’ve got. Add Galanopoulos, Bouchalakis, Androutsos, Vlachodimos, Tsimikas and Masouras and you have a team. 

What’s wrong with that? 

Edited by Dean97
  • Like it 2

JVS step down immediately or EPO has to fire his arse!

Find a coach who can work with our players and who acts maturely and professionally and bring back Manolas Sokratis and Siovas back into the fold.

Time to drop Bakasetas from the starting eleven I dont mind him on the squad as a bench player but he has not given us much in all these games JVS has played him. 

• Like it 1

I'm so gutted. This is embarrassing.

Sweden, Portugal, Belgium, Switzerland, Croatia, and so many countries with the same, or less, population than Greece and they are centuries ahead of us.

The coach sucks, I agree. But, the players are horrible. I'm sorry. I'm an old man compared to most of Greece's line up and I swear my Friday night soccer league team could have beat them today. It's Iike they have no skill whatsoever. I have never seen such poor quality in virtually any other country. I live in Canada and the team we have now is quite competitive. I'm sure they could pop three against Greece the way they played today.

Edited by AEK RE GAMOTO
  • Like it 1

32 minutes ago, AEK RE GAMOTO said:

I'm so gutted. This is embarrassing.

Sweden, Portugal, Belgium, Switzerland, Croatia, and so many countries with the same, or less, population than Greece and they are centuries ahead of us.

The coach sucks, I agree. But, the players are horrible. I'm sorry. I'm an old man compared to most of Greece's line up and I swear my Friday night soccer league team could have beat them today. It's Iike they have no skill whatsoever. I have never seen such poor quality in virtually any other country. I live in Canada and the team we have now is quite competitive. I'm sure they could pop three against Greece the way they played today.

It’s sad. Don’t know why we can’t do the simple things right like passing and moving into space. No one in the midfield to lead the team going forward like Fortounis did at times. No intent to attack. Shocking performance.

Edited by Dean97
  • Like it 1

30 minutes ago, Dean97 said:

It’s sad. Don’t know why we can’t do the simple things right like passing and moving into space. No one in the midfield to lead the team going forward like Fortounis did at times. No intent to attack. Shocking performance.

You know what else I’ve noticed, they are the slowest team I’ve ever seen. 

Even when Fortounis was in the line JVS would utilize him wrong. Here is the most embarrassing stat i have heard so far, Since this campaign started Greece have less then 10 shots on target and ONLY San Marino has less and we have played 2 out of our 3 games against Kosovo and Georgia. Its like JVS changed his entire philosophy of holding the ball and attacking and instead decided to play like we were the underdogs. Who the F*** sits back against Kosovo and Georgia what's wrong with him. We should have been pressing and allowed Kosovo to stay high and take chances and we would have exposed them for another goal but instead we sat back like scared little girls trying to protect as if we were playing Spain. And for the record I'm not excusing our players they were absolutely s%$#! but when you have such a limited talent pool how you keep Manolas and Siovas who are better then anyone we have who would have prevented this goal and the Georgia breakdown when we had the lead out of the line up is mind blowing. I was defending JVS i Liked what I saw early on but now I'm at the point where i want him no where near this dreadful team anymore.

Edited by J1078
  • Like it 2

47 minutes ago, J1078 said:

Even when Fortounis was in the line JVS would utilize him wrong. Here is the most embarrassing stat i have heard so far, Since this campaign started Greece have less then 10 shots on target and ONLY San Marino has less and we have played 2 out of our 3 games against Kosovo and Georgia. Its like JVS changed his entire philosophy of holding the ball and attacking and instead decided to play like we were the underdogs. Who the F*** sits back against Kosovo and Georgia what's wrong with him. We should have been pressing and allowed Kosovo to stay high and take chances and we would have exposed them for another goal but instead we sat back like scared little girls trying to protect as if we were playing Spain. And for the record I'm not excusing our players they were absolutely s%$#! but when you have such a limited talent pool how you keep Manolas and Siovas who are better then anyone we have who would have prevented this goal and the Georgia breakdown when we had the lead out of the line up is mind blowing. I was defending JVS i Liked what I saw early on but now I'm at the point where i want him no where near this dreadful team anymore.

Well said.. In friendlies JVS plays the style that he did when got the job and when we have friendlies. As bad as Greece played today we had the lead and we should be able to see the game out. 

I thought we could contend for 2nd place in this group but this guy has sabatoged our campaign early on, add to that he couldnt win the NL group so there goes a back up possibility at a playoff spot. 

IM SO PISSED!!! I want him OUT!

• Like it 1

What a horrible performance... just amazed how wrong we have gotten the qualifiers for this campaign... And JVS falls on his sword with his reliance on slow midfielders like Baka and Bouchalakis with no wingers... just tragic 

37 minutes ago, Alphonse said:

What a horrible performance... just amazed how wrong we have gotten the qualifiers for this campaign... And JVS falls on his sword with his reliance on slow midfielders like Baka and Bouchalakis with no wingers... just tragic 

Bouchalakis had one of his worst games I have ever seen!

Is this m#$%! for real? Three shots at goal created in 90 minutes of football. Against minnows Kosovo. We used to beat these team 3-0 under Otto and Santos. Also he cant settle on a lineup. I mean the guy coached A-League FFS. League 2 standard at best. The sooner he's gone and we invest in a real coach the better. Meanwhile we face another major tournament without the Ethniki.

• Like it 1

6 hours ago, J1078 said:

Feel exactly the same way. How can you go from wanting to attack to sitting back and defending against Kosovo and Georgia. The guy hasn’t learned anything. Still continues to pick players like Bakasetas and Bouchalakis for our midfield. 

I personally believe JVS and Bakasetas have cost us qualification. JVS is more to blame. I don’t think our players are that bad. JVS just didn’t set up the team correctly. We needed wingers badly this game. The aim should’ve been to attack and go at this team as much as possible.   

Saw interview basically JVS saying we dont have talent and missed key player's. Those excuses dont work for me vs Kosovo... lol they have a strong team? Do we not have any talent? Maybe he is right I dunno anymore as long as EPO does pressure player selections with agents I thought zago would be different 

• Like it 1

Having gotten a chance to watch the game, I am just gutted.  We played terrible, well, neither team played well but the point is what happened to the pressing we saw in the friendly? What happened to the attacking?  You had the same players available for both games.  

I used to defend JVS bc I thought we had started playing more attacking but something has changed.  In these three games, we have played horribly.  At the end of the day, you are what your record is and we are a winless team.  We may not lose, but we also don't win.  You can say we don't have the talent, but it doesn't take talent to run and press. The hustling that we had seen earlier is now gone.  If he loses the Sweden game, I see him being fired as we will be out of it. 

• Lazarus unfeatured this topic