Phantis Forums

2022 WCQ: Kosovo - Greece (5 Sep. 2021, 21:45 EEST - Fadil Vokrri Stadium, Pristina)

J1078

I'm so disgusted in this joke of a team. We did not deserve to win this game at all. This is where we belong with the Kosovo's and the Georgia's of the world we don't belong any higher in our current state. JVS needs to lose his job as this was a dreadful performance, he always has the team playing scared and when he saw Kosovo coming he did nothing of any significance to change it up. This f***ing team cant even keep it competitive until the last games of the qualifier as we are now 3 games in with 3 draws and we are eliminated from the world Cup. We shouldn't be surprised at all we are just garbage with a a garbage coach who showed some promise when he first came in. Another qualifier and we are out before we even get to the halfway point. Does it really matter that we got put in a difficult group with Sweden and Spain when we got outplayed by Georgia and Kosovo and could only manage a draw???  Just go back from 2014 and look at the s%$#! groups we've had between the qualifiers and the nations league nothing has changed.

• Like it 1

I'm not even going to complain.  Greece are simply not a powerful team in international football.  Which bothers me so much when people call others 'minnows' and expect certain results from this greek side.

Vre seis.  Greek has not produced a single star player in my lifetime.  They currently have no star players.  Greece will continue to struggle in every match until they have players that can actually win a game and take it over.  Anyone can produce defenders.  No elite players in midfield and forward a disgrace. 

1 minute ago, jason said:

This lineup was defeatist from the beginning this coach sucks and talent pool does too..

Yup. Both are terrible. There are some players that must suck some good dick to play on this team. And also their club teams. 

Just now, J1078 said:

I'm so disgusted in this joke of a team. We did not deserve to win this game at all. This is where we belong with the Kosovo's and the Georgia's of the world we don't belong any higher in our current state. JVS needs to lose his job as this was a dreadful performance, he always has the team playing scared and when he saw Kosovo coming he did nothing of any significance to change it up. This f***ing team cant even keep it competitive until the last games of the qualifier as we are now 3 games in with 3 draws and we are eliminated from the world Cup. We shouldn't be surprised at all we are just garbage with a a garbage coach who showed some promise when he first came in. Another qualifier and we are out before we even get to the halfway point. Does it really matter that we got put in a difficult group with Sweden and Spain when we got outplayed by Georgia and Kosovo and could only manage a draw???  Just go back from 2014 and look at the s%$#! groups we've had between the qualifiers and the nations league nothing has changed.

Were just blasting the ball aimlessy up the field and even with the lead we couldnt kill of the game!

Can't get a win with Georgia and now Kosovo 😞 This one really hurts. Our WC qualification is in tatters after just 3 matches.

We needed to push for a 2nd goal and not try to just hang on for a 1-0 win in the 2nd half. In three matches we have had just 2 shots on goal and one was a penalty. 

Unbelievable. How can he set us up to defend all game against Kosovo? His mantra was all about attacking, possession and movement. Where was that today??

He set us up for disaster. What always irritates me the most about this team is when we are in the lead after 1-0 we always back off and become too content with the the 1 goal. That’s something I hate. Your supposed to look and try and score another. I said we needed to score more than 1.

I don’t know who’s more to blame. Even the system and players we played we should’ve put this team away. They were trash. Tzavellas got bullied hard in that last goal. There big striker over powered and towered over him like he was nothing. His height as a cb was always going to be a problem. 

Bakasetas absolutely terrible in the 2nd half. Apart from his assist that Douvikas put away he did absolutely nothing. Fortounis was missed.

A player like Fountas isn’t a sub player. The guy looks and shows a lot of quality. He can also score goals. He’s someone that can do a job anywhere you put him in attack. Someone who can be valuable for the team.

I believe we are definitely out after this game. The Sweden game will most likely end up as a loss or draw which isn’t good enough. Another tournament we won’t make…

I say bring in someone who knows about our players and talent pool but I don’t think anyone will want to coach us or has the knowledge of our players and knows who is better than who. Truly a disappointing time for us fans.

6 minutes ago, kbxk508 said:

Can't get a win with Georgia and now Kosovo 😞 This one really hurts. Our WC qualification is in tatters after just 3 matches.

We needed to push for a 2nd goal and not try to just hang on for a 1-0 win in the 2nd half. In three matches we have had just 2 shots on goal and one was a penalty. 

There was no movement aswell. No one to take charge in going forward and no one helping. He set us up to defend like we were playing against a Spain. 

The coach is terrible sure I get that. But it’s not like he has so much talent to choose from. Tsimikas doesn’t look like a Liverpool player to me. Vlachodimos is so overrated it’s not funny. He’s in no mans land during that last goal. Either come out or stay in don’t just flail at the ball like a fish out of water. Mavropanos needs to retire at 22. Soccer isn’t for him. 

18 minutes ago, Dean97 said:

Unbelievable. How can he set us up to defend all game against Kosovo? His mantra was all about attacking, possession and movement. Where was that today??

He set us up for disaster. What always irritates me the most about this team is when we are in the lead after 1-0 we always back off and become too content with the the 1 goal. That’s something I hate. Your supposed to look and try and score another. I said we needed to score more than 1.

I don’t know who’s more to blame. Even the system and players we played we should’ve put this team away. They were trash. Tzavellas got bullied hard in that last goal. There big striker over powered and towered over him like he was nothing. His height as a cb was always going to be a problem. 

Bakasetas absolutely terrible in the 2nd half. Apart from his assist that Douvikas put away he did absolutely nothing. Fortounis was missed.

A player like Fountas isn’t a sub player. The guy looks and shows a lot of quality. He can also score goals. He’s someone that can do a job anywhere you put him in attack. Someone who can be valuable for the team.

I believe we are definitely out after this game. The Sweden game will most likely end up as a loss or draw which isn’t good enough. Another tournament we won’t make…

I say bring in someone who knows about our players and talent pool but I don’t think anyone will want to coach us or has the knowledge of our players and knows who is better than who. Truly a disappointing time for us fans.

Disgusting performance! We should have held on though it was a ridicoulos goal to conceed! 

JVS what happened to his 4-3-3 attack and high pressing?

We could barely create anything in attack today and we sat back vs this mediocore side.

JVS should be FIRED TODAY!

• Like it 1

2 minutes ago, Jimmyp said:

The coach is terrible sure I get that. But it’s not like he has so much talent to choose from. Tsimikas doesn’t look like a Liverpool player to me. Vlachodimos is so overrated it’s not funny. He’s in no mans land during that last goal. Either come out or stay in don’t just flail at the ball like a fish out of water. Mavropanos needs to retire at 22. Soccer isn’t for him. 

I like Vlachodimos but he cost us on that goal too. Tsimikas was off today I couldnt believe how we couldnt complete a 2 foot pass over and over again. Anyways in the Santos days we finish off this game and get the win 1 nil or more guaranteed!

• Like it 1

• Lazarus unfeatured this topic