Phantis Forums

2022 WCQ: Kosovo - Greece (5 Sep. 2021, 21:45 EEST - Fadil Vokrri Stadium, Pristina)

J1078

13 hours ago, Ellada2004 said:

Listening to Sport Fm and the reporter at the Ethniki practise said Tzolis could be ready to go for the Kosovo match and that Mavropanos could be fit to play as well. Losing Masouras & Galanopoulos is a big blow and Zeca is suspended for the match vs Kosovo which adds to our problems.

Wow. That’s great to hear. We need them. Looks like Greece’s chances have gone up now. Now that you say Zeca is suspended, this should mean Alexandropoulos plays. Alexandropoulos is a great CM and I hope he starts against Kosovo which will be a difficult game.

• Like it 1

Of those out injured, at least 3 would be starters. It’s bad when 1 or 2 are missing but that’s half or 3/4 of the attack. Next possible players who may start are Limnios, Chatzigiovanis, Mantalos, Vrousai or Douvikas. Players that are either not playing regularly, inexperienced or out of form. Not ideal when you need wins.

Then again Greece seem to get results when it’s not expected.

10 hours ago, Dean97 said:

Wow. That’s great to hear. We need them. Looks like Greece’s chances have gone up now. Now that you say Zeca is suspended, this should mean Alexandropoulos plays. Alexandropoulos is a great CM and I hope he starts against Kosovo which will be a difficult game.

I am eager to see Alexandropoulos  play he has a lot of promise. It sucks that Galanopoulos has too miss these matches.

44 minutes ago, Antaeus7 said:

Fourtonis injury will keep him out for the remainder of 2021. 

That’s tough for him another long absence due to injury and again the Ethniki will miss him as we did for the last six Euro qualifying matches. What a big blow!

I just saw Kazakhstan fight back twice to draw Ukraine 2-2. That is the second time they have played in this quailification campaign and ended in a draw. This group would have been better for Greece in terms of finishing in second place. France are the clear 1st place favourites but Ukraine (pot 2) dont look good dropping points twice to Kazakhstan especially in defence. Also Bosnia are in the group and they are trending downward and I think although its a rivalry between us I think we would have done well against them as our recent Euro qualifiers we got 4 points and really should have been two wins if we didnt start so poorly in the game in Bosnia.

Just now, Brklyngrk said:

Game over, 2-1 Sweden.  Doesn't change anything for us. We still need to win our games. Anything other than a win on Sunday pretty much ends our chances.

Just watched it. We can’t catch a frigin break Spain lose after going up 1 nil. 
Isak and Kulesveski were dangerous that’s going to be a tough tandem to face. JVS get on the phone and beg Manolas and Siovas to come back!!

• Like it 2

With our current setup we are not beating Sweden or Spain so I agree with @Ellada2004JVS needs to do something regarding Manolas and Siovas or we will get shredded. We are not in the same class as both those teams so leaving our our better players is just stupid at this point.

Edited by J1078
  • Like it 1

5 minutes ago, Brklyngrk said:

So after Sunday, I expect the following:

Spain 10 pts 5 g 

Sweden 9 pts 3 g 
Greece 5 pts 3 g 

Kosovo 3 pts 4 g 
Georgia 1 pts 5 g 

If that's how it plays out then the game against Sweden will be our do or die game as we need to beat them no matter what if we want to give ourselves a chance going into October and November. Its going to be extremely difficult.

Edited by J1078
  • Like it 3

A draw or loss against Kosovo should mean JVS gets the sack. Can’t lose against them. Have to win. Sweden will be hard, we might be defending all game like we did against Spain. I just hope we win our next 2 games. That all I could wish for. His trust and loyalty of Bakasetas will make him get the sack in my opinion. Bakasetas shouldn’t and can’t lead us into a major tournament. If we eliminate him we’ll look like a good team and can possibly make something happen and also qualify.

Edited by Dean97
  • Like it 1

7 minutes ago, J1078 said:

If that's how it plays out then the game against Sweden will be our do or die game as we need to beat them no matter what if we want to give ourselves a chance going into October and November. Its going to be extremely difficult.

Now that loss to Georgia looks even worse and they were absolutely terrible today at home to Kosovo. JVS better get 2 wins or he’s done!

• Like it 1

2 minutes ago, Dean97 said:

A draw or loss against Kosovo should mean JVS gets the sack. Can’t lose against them. Have to win. Sweden will be hard, we might be defending all game like we did against Spain. I just hope we win our next 2 games. That all I could wish for. His trust and loyalty of Bakasetas will make him get the sack in my opinion. Bakasetas shouldn’t and can’t lead us into a major tournament. If we eliminate him we’ll look like a good team and can possibly make something happen and also qualify.

For sure Dean. He should have never seen the field vs Georgia were he couldn’t create anything. How will Bakasetas break down the Swedes who know how to defend. Anyways if JVS gets it wrong here especially vs Kosovo then he has no more outs left.

• Like it 1

So they need to jump Sweden, and Spain will have more to play for now they aren't even assured 1st anymore.  

Even then will need to go into playoff for 2nd spot in which they won't be seeded.  

It's looking grim.  Just beat Kosovo and go from there all they can do at this point..

• Like it 3

• Lazarus unfeatured this topic