Phantis Forums

2022 WCQ: Kosovo - Greece (5 Sep. 2021, 21:45 EEST - Fadil Vokrri Stadium, Pristina)

J1078

I figured since we are less then a couple weeks away I would start this new thread. We don't need to stress the Importance of this game as anything less then a win would be a complete failure.  Hopefully the call ups are announced soon.

Here are the players selected for the upcoming matches.

Οδυσσέας Βλαχοδήμος, Αλέξανδρος Πασχαλάκης, Σωκράτης Διούδης, Θανάσης Ανδρούτσος, Μανώλης Σάλιακας, Παντελής Χατζηδιάκος, Κυριάκος Παπαδόπουλος, Κώστας Μαυροπάνος, Γιώργος Τζαβέλλας, Δημήτρης Γιαννούλης, Κώστας Τσιμίκας, Λεονάρντο Κούτρης, Κάρλος Ζέκα, Κώστας Γαλανόπουλος, Παναγιώτης Ρέτσος, Τάσος Μπακασέτας, Σωτήρης Αλεξανδρόπουλος, Γιάννης Παπανικολάου, Ανδρέας Μπουχαλάκης, Μανώλης Σιώπης, Μάριος Βρουσάι, Γιώργος Μασούρας, Ταξιάρχης Φούντας, Δημήτρης Λημνιός, Χρήστος Τζόλης, Πέτρος Μάνταλος, Βαγγέλης Παυλίδης, Τάσος Δουβίκας.

• Like it 1

Have never heard of Papanikolaou, he's a winger 22 years old who plays in Poland. Played for Panionios and Platanias while in Greece but I honestly don't remember him from the Superleague. 

No real surprises otherwise, Giakoumakis being left out is the only surprising omission, he's in the middle of trying to orchestrate a move to either Celtic, or Weder Bremen. So perhaps that has taken priority for him and he's asked to be left out? 

Zeca is suspended for this game, as Giakoumakis would have been had he been called up. 

• Like it 2

I think bc he hasn't played in months that he may not be match fit. Don't know if he has been training with WWW.

Is Pelkas injured? I wonder if VS will try incorporating both Giannoulis and Tsimikas in the starting 11.

Would like to see the following:

Vlacho
Androutsos Papadopoulos (played really well last time) Mavropanos Tsimikas

Siopis Galanopoulos Mantalos

Masouras Fountas Tzolis

Pelkas - Shoulder Injury
Return expected on Aug 30, 2021

If Kyriakopoulos and Lykogiannis played in any other position than LB, I think they would be in this squad. Having said that Koutris is also a LB. 

Good to see Fountas was called up. Can't see how Bakasetas not start under JVS.

Vlacho

Retsos K Pap Mavropanos K Tzimikas

Galanopoulos Bouchalakis

Masouras Bakasetas Fountas

Pavlidis

• Like it 1

1 hour ago, Brklyngrk said:

I think bc he hasn't played in months that he may not be match fit. Don't know if he has been training with WWW.

Is Pelkas injured? I wonder if VS will try incorporating both Giannoulis and Tsimikas in the starting 11.

Would like to see the following:

Vlacho
Androutsos Papadopoulos (played really well last time) Mavropanos Tsimikas

Siopis Galanopoulos Mantalos

Masouras Fountas Tzolis

This is what i would go with as well but unfortunately just like @kbxk508 said i cant see how Bakasetas stays out of this line up which is just ridiculous at this point that he's an automatics starter and taking a spot from a more talented player in his position.

• Like it 2

Limnios is an average player (always was) and should not be anywhere near the national team. His only talent is his speed. That's how he got by at PAOK. Thankfully we fooled FC Koln that over paid for the player. Now Tzolis is another matter. He should be in the starting lineup.

• Dutch Eagle changed the title to 2022 WCQ: Kosovo - Greece (5 Sep. 2021 - Fadil Vokrri Stadium, Pristina)

Looks like the trend continues right before qualifying games for us, as now on top of Fortounis and Tzolis we just lost Masouras and Galanopoulos to injuries and they will also not join the NT. This juts keeps getting worse and worse for us.

• Like it 1

Awful luck for us heading into 2 must win games. Not to mention Pelkas was ruled out prior to the squad being announced, between him Fortounis and Tzolis that's our 3 best attacking players IMO. 

Gonna be a big ask to win both games with those outs, we struggle to score with a full team. Mantalos and Bakasetas (no matter how much people hate it) are going to play a big part in us getting 6 points from these games. We also need Pavlidis/Fountas to be clinical when they get chances. 

Edited by paokarag4
  • Like it 3

According to novasports.gr Tzolis has come to Greece and will be with the squad in the unlikely chance he can get himself fit for one of the 2 qualifiers. Mavropanos was also injured over the weekend but he too has linked up with the squad. 

Αντίθετα έγινε η έκπληξη και ο Τζόλης ήρθε στην Ελλάδα ώστε να συνεχίσει τη θεραπεία του μήπως και προλάβει κάποιο από τα επίσημα ματς με Κόσοβο και Σουηδία. Το ίδιο ισχύει και για τον Μαυροπάνο ο οποίος πιθανότατα να είναι έτοιμος πιο γρήγορα.

https://www.novasports.gr/sport/podosfairo/event/fifa-world-cup/article/12068612/ethniki-kapoios-na-tin-ksematiasei-ektos-masouras-galanopoulos/

• Dutch Eagle changed the title to 2022 WCQ: Kosovo - Greece (5 Sep. 2021, 21:45 EEST - Fadil Vokrri Stadium, Pristina)
46 minutes ago, kbxk508 said:

How are Limnios, Mantalos and Chatzigiovanis travelling?

Limnios has thrown away a year of his career last year at 1. FC Köln. And he has not impressed at FC Twente yet. I hope he will step up during the season or even during these days with the boys of the Ethniki.

• Like it 1

4 hours ago, J1078 said:

Looks like the trend continues right before qualifying games for us, as now on top of Fortounis and Tzolis we just lost Masouras and Galanopoulos to injuries and they will also not join the NT. This juts keeps getting worse and worse for us.

This keeps happening to the Ethniki after the 2014 World Cup its truly unbelievable and now we have all these key injuries with a game vs Sweden coming up which will most likely decide second place in the group.

• Like it 1

3 hours ago, Brklyngrk said:

Must be nice that a player from the ethniki, even though ruled out, came anyway in hopes he can help.  Players that want to play for Greece!!

That shows that Christos loves to play for the Ethniki fanella! I hope he can recover in time and maybe see some game time in the qualifiers.

• Like it 3

Listening to Sport Fm and the reporter at the Ethniki practise said Tzolis could be ready to go for the Kosovo match and that Mavropanos could be fit to play as well. Losing Masouras & Galanopoulos is a big blow and Zeca is suspended for the match vs Kosovo which adds to our problems.

• Lazarus unfeatured this topic