Phantis Forums

ECL-QR3-L2: PAOK - Bohemians Dublin (12-08-21, 20:00 EEST)

Blackhawk

PAOK.jpg.7de7d2bb75e005d04e45c1019fd2758a.jpg  VS     Bohemians.jpg.aba97a272935a6f5200405e75abbac33.jpg

MATCHUP:               PAOK Thessaloniki FC – FC Bohemians Dublin
COMPETITION:     Europa Conference League – Qualifying Round 3 - Leg 2
DATE:                     12-August-2021
TIME:                     20:00 EEST (17: UTC, 12:00 CST, 03:00 AEST next day)
CITY/STADIUM:   Thessaloniki – Toumba Stadium Stadium (28,708)
REFEREES:              Julian Weinberger – Andreas Heindenreich, Maxmilian Kolbitsch (Austria)
TELEVISION:         OPEN TV (Greece), PAOK TV (worldwide except UK & Ireland)

PAOK’s History against teams from Ireland in European Competitions

2021-2022:  FC Bohemians Dublin – PAOK FC  2:1 – (78. Oliveira) - Att: 8,000 – Europa Conference League (Qualifying Round 3 – Leg 1)
2011-2012:  Shamrock Rovers FC – PAOK FC   1:3 – (7. Salpiggidis, 35. Fotakis, 38. Salpiggidis) - Att: 6,124 – Europa League (Group Stage, Round 4)
2011-2012:  PAOK FC – Shamrock Rovers FC   2:1 – (12. Lazar, 63. Vieirinha) – Att: 28,703 – Europa league (Group Stage, Round 3)

GAMES:  3   WINS:  2   TIES:  0   LOSSES:  1

Realistically there’s no way we don’t pass. Didn’t a couple of years ago we had a nervy tie in the first leg vs an inferior team and then won the second 5-1 or something like that

vs Brondby

Edited by PaokCT

1 hour ago, PaokCT said:

Realistically there’s no way we don’t pass. Didn’t a couple of years ago we had a nervy tie in the first leg vs an inferior team and then won the second 5-1 or something like that

vs Brondby

No it was Zimbru and Lokomotiva.

• Like it 1

27 minutes ago, pash said:

Bingo. We smashed Bondby both times from what I recall. After shitting ourselves over how good they were.

I still think about Pelkinho's nutmeg of Agger

I was at the game in Toumba. Agger looked dizzy for the rest of the game.

41 minutes ago, Athens4 said:

I was at the game in Toumba. Agger looked dizzy for the rest of the game.

Just rewatched the highlights of that game and damn did we have a squad! Mak, Rodrigues and Pelkas! No wonder we put in 5. 

15 hours ago, PaokCT said:

Just rewatched the highlights of that game and damn did we have a squad! Mak, Rodrigues and Pelkas! No wonder we put in 5. 

Mak and Rodrigues, in other words proper actual real wingers.  How hard is it to see ?  Instead we have El Khaddori and Zivkovic (both capable and technical but not wingers).

Add to their lack of run the pappou club of Kagawa and Diego who both can’t be assed running and our entire attacking line lacks some serious run.  Good for playing crappy teams in GSL.  Not so good for Europe.  It’s a worry.

Edited by Bananas
  • Like it 1

If we score early, I see us winning big. We can't really play any worse than we did last week. The only way Bohemians was able to score was after silly mistakes by Michailidis and Paschalakis. The key to winning this game will be unlocking the Bohemians parked bus.

So we need someone with a driving license for large vehicles to start the engine of the bus and move it. Who has one of the squad? And that brings me to the fact that we did not see an announced squad yet. 

Also: no Irish allowed in the stadium. Police have informed Bohemian FC that only people with Greek passports will be permitted access to Toumba. I wonder what they will do with people like me with only Dutch citizenship, as there are a lot of people in the Greek diaspora with only the “other” citizenship.

58 minutes ago, Dutch Eagle said:

So we need someone with a driving license for large vehicles to start the engine of the bus and move it. Who has one of the squad? And that brings me to the fact that we did not see an announced squad yet. 

Also: no Irish allowed in the stadium. Police have informed Bohemian FC that only people with Greek passports will be permitted access to Toumba. I wonder what they will do with people like me with only Dutch citizenship, as there are a lot of people in the Greek diaspora with only the “other” citizenship.

On that note, why not apply for the Greek passport? I applied for mine. Took over a year to get everything finalised but I am now waiting to hear back.

10 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

What are the army requirements these days? Can you just buy it off?

You can buy it off at a per-day cost (for Greeks abroad it is just 3 months). Sources telling me that you still need to attend the first 9 days though. I am not sure what is going to happen to be honest.

13 hours ago, Athens4 said:

On that note, why not apply for the Greek passport? I applied for mine. Took over a year to get everything finalised but I am now waiting to hear back.

To much fuzz. I must give up Dutch citizenship. And I'm 54 yo. Do you see me attending? Hahahaha

Bieseswar with the start over Kagawa. I like that he has backed in Michalidis despite his error in the first leg, despite Crespo being included in the squad. 

EDIT: piss off pash, let me post starting XI for once!!!!!!!!!!!😘

Edited by paokarag4