Phantis Forums

PAOK 'B' Team General News (2021-2022)

Blackhawk

The Professional Sport Committee (EEA) has given a license for PAOK 'B' team to  compete in Superleague 2.

Additionally PAE PAOK has officially announced that Pablo Parcia and his techincal team will run the team.

And to please pash we are officially creating a thread for PAOK 'B' team.

• Like it 1

I thought B teams could win their league and compete in the cup normally, but just could not be promoted? Though I don't think I've heard anything specifically about how Greece is going to do it. Would be great to see Garcia win the cup with a group of 21-year-olds though!

• Like it 1

I was thinking the same. We don't have a list of players yet right? Just looking at the current senior team on Transfermarkt, I would assume all these guys would end up in the B team:

GK: Talichmanidis and/or Balomenos (assuming Bourganis is not shipped out)

Defenders: Tsaousis, Kaloutsikidis (though your guess is as good as mine as to what will happen with Lyratzis) - neither of these guys are CBs

Midfielders: Giaxis, Meletidis, Tzimas, Chatzistavros, KorelasOuedraogo - no CMs here, could we see Tsiggaras drop?

Strikers: Bradonjic, Fasidis, Gaitanidis, Panidis, Gordeziani

Fourteen of the above are currently on the senior team roster, which sits at 47 players. Subtract those plus Warda, and we're down to 32, so presumably 4 more cuts remain for Lucescu. That's before accounting for any additional signings he wants to make. Yeesh.

We have about 47 players. We must be able to find 16 for this game that did not play a lot or at all. 

I’m curious if players can be switched between A and B if they do well or bad. Or after an injury.

Players can be switched between teams, but there must be a 48 hour gap between the two games. However I doubt if there will frequent player switch from one team to another. It will most likely be player coming from injury to get back into shape, or somebody from 'B' to replace an injured player on the 'A' team

Just found out that for the game against Doxa we will send the U19 team, which is coached by Malezas. The 'B' team will have their first practice tomorrow.  Curious to see what players will show up at Souroti. 

• Like it 1

It wasn't PAOK 'B' that played the friendly against Alexandroupolis FC. It was the U-19 PAOK team coached by Malezas. PAOK U19 won 7:0.  Apparently Garcia was in the stands scouting the players of U-19 team. Of interest is the presence of Varela's son on the U19 roster.

For those that want to check out the game here is a link. The game starts around the 25th minute mark.

• 2 weeks later...

0-2 win at Trikala. Goals Bradonjic (20') and Gordezianis (45'/pen).

Starting 11:

Μπουργάνη, Παναγιώτου, Μανωλιούδη, Τάχατο, Γιαξή, Τσαούσης, Τζίμα, Γκορτετζιάνι, Σαλαμούρα, Μπράντονιτς και Μελετίδη

Also playing time in second half: Πανίδη, Τσοπούρογλου, Καλουτσικίδη, Κόλινς, Ουεντραόγκο, Μεσελαμί και Γαϊτανίδη.

I thought so as well. Hopefully playing in the second division will help him improve enough to make a case for himself next season (though with Lucescu, I doubt it).

-edit- here are the highlights: 

Edited by pash

Koutsias and Konstantinaleas should both be dropped to PAOK B.  Both will not get matches and at the tender ages of 17 & 18 not playing first team football can seriously destroy their development. 

They didn get to were they are now by warming the bench. With signings of Akpom & Mitrita I really do not see either of them getting hardly any decent minutes..  

Best for them would be a full season in the second division & regroup at next seasons preseason training camp

• Blackhawk changed the title to PAOK 'B' Team General News (2021-2022)