Phantis Forums

EURO 2020

Antaeus7

Today's match with Finland vs. Denmark, Christian Eriksen collapsed on the field and the match had to be suspended due to medical emergency. I know from all the years watching football players who collapse from the field usually isn't a good sign. I just pray he will be OK, he is truly a great player and a human being. 

I couldn't believe what I was seeing, with the CPR and defibrillator shocks as well. Glad he has been stabilized.

Hoping for a good tourney. Hoping for now references to Alexander the Great when North M*acedonia plays lol. On a more serious note, France are the heavy favorites but don't think they'll win.

On 6/12/2021 at 3:53 PM, Soprano76 said:

I couldn't believe what I was seeing, with the CPR and defibrillator shocks as well. Glad he has been stabilized.

Hoping for a good tourney. Hoping for now references to Alexander the Great when North M*acedonia plays lol. On a more serious note, France are the heavy favorites but don't think they'll win.

The commentators were very consistent with calling them North during the whole match.  Lots of red Vergina flags in the stands .  In the end Austria beat them 3-1 . After watching Ukraine and Holland the northerners are in for a big spanking. Why they allow these minnows in this tourney is beyond me , hope they scrap this format for next time.

Spain should have won that game comfortably wave after wave off attack. Morata missed a couple great chances and did not even test the goalie Olsen who made a few huge saves in the match. It was interesting to watch this game to scout Sweden for our upcoming qualifier. They will be hard for us to break down but going forward they did not show much except for Issac who had a great game with the ball at his feet and using his pace. Berg had the best chance for Sweden but completely botched his shot right in front of goal. It will be an interesting contest JVS better have the right 11 and just come out after Sweden. I don't want to see him opt to play with the same tactics vs Georgia. I am hoping we will have a crowd for this game.

The penalty awarded to the Czech Republic against Croatia was a dead set joke… worse yet, was awarded after VAR intervened… referee also checked it out and awarded it… Croats got really ripped off here 

• Like it 1

10 hours ago, Alphonse said:

The penalty awarded to the Czech Republic against Croatia was a dead set joke… worse yet, was awarded after VAR intervened… referee also checked it out and awarded it… Croats got really ripped off here 

For sure you see defenders make the same challenge like Lovren did all the time with out a penalty being called.

Germany beats Portugal 4-2 in a wild game, 2 OG from Portugal, Ronaldo scores again and is getting close to setting the all time international goal record. Portugal really struggled in the midfield vs the Germans. Germany with a win at home vs Hungary can take the group if France do not win vs Portugal which should be a close game either way. I did not think Germany would have a chance at topping the group before the Euros began especially with their recent performances. You can never cant out the Germans..

6 hours ago, Antaeus7 said:

Turkey and Skopja eliminated from EURO 2020. Life is good. 😁😂

Turkey a lot of the pundits pick to go to the semi finals? I did not think they would be this awful though. Anyways Ante Geia to Turkey and the Skops I hope Holland smash them tomorrow.

• Like it 1

Sparv should have been killed at the outset of our game in Helsinki (1-0 loss). An injury or somewhat. His backup - Schuller - was a disaster. Sparv played against Denmark (1-0 win) and sixty minutes against Belgium (0-0). Schuller played against Russia (1-0 loss) and in the last thirty minutes or so against Belgium (2-0 loss). It is easy to see now that Sparv, their DM, was Finlands most important player. His backup cannot perform at his level.

If we would have won that game in Helsinki, we would play now at the Euros.

If only he would have been injured at that time... I guess if he would have been healthy now Finland would have qualify to the second round. Not against Belgium, against Russia they would have secured a draw though.

France has Kante and Matuidi (and several other decent players too). Finland has apparently only one good defensive midfielder. He is their most important player, he plays in an important position.

Lod? Kamara? Pukki? Ha ha ha.

We should have played at least a draw in that away game in Helsinki (0-1).

• Like it 1

And FYROM lost all three of their games. Their mindless tactics (attack attack everybody) nullified their fighting spirit (they really tried hard). They played 4-4-2 against the Netherlands! I mean, their coach must be crazy to do that, mustnt he?

If you have a bunch of nobodies as players but you are a hard working team, perhaps you can achieve a draw against Ukraine or Austria, if you try to defend like Finland or like Sweden against the Spanish team.

I do not wish them well, of course. Sorry for these incoherent rants.

• Like it 2

A lot of shitty teams like Turkey does not even try to defend well. They just running about on the pitch and apparently want to "play" and get thrashed by everybody. The Swiss team had 30 shots against Turkey, if I remember correctly. Same goes for FYROM. Same goes for Ukraine. Same goes for Switzerland, Wales etc.

Lesser teams do not even try to achieve good results! They start to attack, their enemy attacks too and then after a while the weaker team concedes one or two and probably collapses. Did you watch the Italy-Switzerland game? Or the Netherlands-Austria game? These weak teams do not park the bus. Strong teams like Italy or Belgium score easily lots of goals and then they look unstoppable.

Stupid tactics + disastrous defending by weaker team = stronger opponent wins easily and broadcasters rave about their "wonderful performance".

The round of 16 lineup 

1: Wales vs Denmark (18:00, Saturday 26 June, Amsterdam)
2: Italy vs Austria (21:00, Saturday 26 June, London)
3: Netherlands vs Czech Republic (18:00, Sunday 27 June, Budapest)
4: Belgium vs Portugal (21:00, Sunday 27 June, Seville)
5: Croatia vs Spain (18:00, Monday 28 June, Copenhagen)
6: France vs Switzerland (21:00, Monday 28 June, Bucharest)
7: England vs Germany (18:00, Tuesday 29 June, London)
8: Sweden vs Ukraine (21:00, Tuesday 29 June, Glasgow)

• Like it 1

On 6/21/2021 at 6:21 PM, La Mendel said:

France has Kante and Matuidi (and several other decent players too). Finland has apparently only one good defensive midfielder. He is their most important player, he plays in an important position.

Lod? Kamara? Pukki? Ha ha ha.

We should have played at least a draw in that away game in Helsinki (0-1).

Greece should have made it to the Euros over Finland look at our talent pool compared to theirs. The infighting between Ange and Sokratis and company cost us qualification. Losing to Armenia at home and then a draw with Liechenstein at home basically ruined our chances. Just sucks to have missed out on another Euro!

• Like it 1

6 hours ago, Antaeus7 said:

The round of 16 lineup 

1: Wales vs Denmark (18:00, Saturday 26 June, Amsterdam)
2: Italy vs Austria (21:00, Saturday 26 June, London)
3: Netherlands vs Czech Republic (18:00, Sunday 27 June, Budapest)
4: Belgium vs Portugal (21:00, Sunday 27 June, Seville)
5: Croatia vs Spain (18:00, Monday 28 June, Copenhagen)
6: France vs Switzerland (21:00, Monday 28 June, Bucharest)
7: England vs Germany (18:00, Tuesday 29 June, London)
8: Sweden vs Ukraine (21:00, Tuesday 29 June, Glasgow)

Belgium vs Portugal what a game that should be and Croatia vs Spain too. 

Germany hopefully do what Germany do and that's beat England lol!

10 hours ago, Ellada2004 said:

Greece should have made it to the Euros over Finland look at our talent pool compared to theirs. The infighting between Ange and Sokratis and company cost us qualification. Losing to Armenia at home and then a draw with Liechenstein at home basically ruined our chances. Just sucks to have missed out on another Euro!

In that group Greece would have performed better and could have advanced into the round of 16 at best. Russia is terrible, Denmark and Belgium are world class teams, Greece historically have played well against them. Finland only manage to win the first match only because the Danes were not mentally prepare to continue on playing after what happen to Eriksen. Stupid decision made by UEFA, should have played that match at a different date. 

Edited by Antaeus7
  • Like it 1

1 hour ago, Antaeus7 said:

In that group Greece would have performed better and could have advanced into the round of 16 at best. Russia is terrible, Denmark and Belgium are world class teams, Greece historically have played well against them. Finland only manage to win the first match only because the Danes were not mentally prepare to continue on playing after what happen to Eriksen. Stupid decision made by UEFA, should have played that match at a different date. 

I have been saying that all tournament too. We give Belgium a hard time and would have got a draw off them, Denmark again a draw maybe a win. Russia with there current form and defensive troubles I think Greece would have beaten them. Greece in this group would have had a great shot at 2nd and look at the draw now, Denmark as 2nd place team is up against Wales and the winner will most likely get Holland in the quarters. The other side of the draw has the big sides Belgium. Portugal, France, Italy and Spain. 

• Like it 1