Phantis Forums

Friendly: Norway - Greece (6 June 2021, la Rosaleda, Malaga)

4 minutes ago, Dutch Eagle said:

Will there ever be a professional player with balls and tell the coach to piss off with a sub in the extra time in a friendly, I repeat FRIENDLY, game?????? What a joke. Did Bakakis touch the ball? 

Pretty common practice when up by a goal

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Soprano76 said:

Interesting stat I just saw, Greece haven’t lost since Oct 2019 against Italy. They’ve certainly had some disappointing games in that span (vs Georgia, vs Finland) but the Ethniki is on an upward trajectory compared to 2016-2018 period in my opinion

This is not true. They lost in 2020 to Austria. 

bakasetas zeca and siopis should never see the field again. 

the ref looked like the guy from ncis 

• Like it 1

Just now, skinny said:

we need Fortounis , Masouras starting every game.

NO MORE BAKASETAS

Yes. Bakasetas came on and had bad touches and ruined the attack. On one occasion he had the opportunity too take his space and shoot but decided to play the ball out to the wing?? 
Masouras was fantastic and he finished but he creates a lot of opportunities. Pelkas was solid amazing assist. Androustos scored and defended well. 

In September JVS has to insert Fortounis in the starting 11 and drop Bakasetas, and Bakakis. 

• Like it 1

Just now, Jimmyp said:

This is not true. They lost in 2020 to Austria. 

bakasetas zeca and siopis should never see the field again. 

the ref looked like the guy from ncis 

Yes that’s right we lost in Austria 2-1

JVS doesn’t get it or sees something that we don’t in regards to Bakasetas.. The team is so much more fluid when he’s not on the field.. I don’t know how JVS doesn’t see it.. Bakasetas is the starter and the captain for this team and JVS go to guy.. It’s becoming very aggravating watching him start every important game and ruin any flow the team has. 

• Like it 1

2 hours ago, J1078 said:

JVS doesn’t get it or sees something that we don’t in regards to Bakasetas.. The team is so much more fluid when he’s not on the field.. I don’t know how JVS doesn’t see it.. Bakasetas is the starter and the captain for this team and JVS go to guy.. It’s becoming very aggravating watching him start every important game and ruin any flow the team has. 

They must be best pals. I believe they are represented by the same agent. It’s nuts that this guy starts him and has him captain the side? I was actually surprised that he didn’t start Bakasetas today. I hope JVS thinks long and hard and realizes that in the qualifiers he can’t rely on Bakasetas if we are to get 2nd spot over Sweden. His job security will come down to those two matches..

• Like it 1

Very fluid play in the first half. 

Norway looked pretty weak tbh, we did a great job at containing Haaland who was pretty invisible all game.

Very positive performance for Pelkas, and someone who doesn’t often get the recognition he deserves is vlachodimos. When he is at goal I feel so much more confident in our defense. Enjoyed the no BS defending of Kpap and tzavellas, although we will need to replace him long term.

massouras had a great game as well.

also, maybe an unpopular opinion.. but do you guys really feel that Tsimikas is anywhere near Liverpool material? 

I have not been too impressed with him, I don’t mind him on the NT But you’d expect better from someone who’s training daily with Liverpool. Anyone else feels “ehh” about him?

• Like it 1

25 minutes ago, Bardouuu said:

Very fluid play in the first half. 

Norway looked pretty weak tbh, we did a great job at containing Haaland who was pretty invisible all game.

Very positive performance for Pelkas, and someone who doesn’t often get the recognition he deserves is vlachodimos. When he is at goal I feel so much more confident in our defense. Enjoyed the no BS defending of Kpap and tzavellas, although we will need to replace him long term.

massouras had a great game as well.

also, maybe an unpopular opinion.. but do you guys really feel that Tsimikas is anywhere near Liverpool material? 

I have not been too impressed with him, I don’t mind him on the NT But you’d expect better from someone who’s training daily with Liverpool. Anyone else feels “ehh” about him?

I agree with you. In the first half he gave the ball away like 6 times. He doesn’t look like Liverpool material to me. Nevertheless, maybe he had a bad game. We will see when it counts again. 

7 hours ago, Dutch Eagle said:

In the Final of CL or the cupfinal a no-brainer. But this is a freaking friendly. 

Do we really need to tell you this is so common practice... yes in any game your up 2-1 and parking the bus... :afraid-028547: 

2 hours ago, Soprano76 said:

Apologies, must have overlooked it but they did say on the stream that Hellas has a 10 game unbeaten streak. 

This is true, since Austria its been 10 games, our last competitive defeat was in October 2019 to Italy 

Wonderful first half, I wrote this the other day
http://hellasfooty.blogspot.com/2021...ke-change.html urging JVS to remove Bakasetas and get Masouras, Pelkas and Mantalos on, well I was worried at first about being proven wrong but it didn't take long for these guys to show us what Greece can do with good mobile players in attack, I also thought Androutsos and the 3 defenders were great again, actually like seen Androutsos move centrally at times as you can see the midfielder in him, great touches, passes and can get by a player 1:1 too.

Sadly the second half was a tragedy, with Bakasetas on, there was just no connection happening, Pelkas looked tired and nothing was sticking with Tzolis who I am starting to worry about.

I dunno if anyone in Australia watched it on Optus Sport and the stupid commentator was saying a penalty was given on the Tsimikas handball... I was devastated only to see what I originally thought, it's a goal kick!

Speaking of Tsimikas, clearly a little rusty with the lack of game time, I don't think you can fully judge him now, when in form and playing he is a very good player

It's no wonder we haven't scored more than 2 goals in 4 years was it?? We are s%$#! at finishing and we just don't have the drive to put teams away... second half... I don't get who we got so poor, no what we wanted to see but overall a good two results prior to September, you got to keep Bakasetas outside the 11.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Brklyngrk said:

Before the game, I saw a preview write-up of the match.  For Greece, the player to watch was Bakasetas! How he was the attacking engine of the team!! I almost spit out my drink...

Did they have Bakakis 2nd most dangerous player?

• Like it 2

17 hours ago, PaokCT said:

Oops

? How does the result prove me wrong mate?
Mantalos was nowhere to be found on the offensive play. It was amazing key passes from Pelkas and Tsimikas that ended up in goals. I'd rather have Zeka and/or Siopis than Mantalos if all I expect from him is to man-mark.

7 hours ago, Alphonse said:

Wonderful first half, I wrote this the other day
http://hellasfooty.blogspot.com/2021...ke-change.html urging JVS to remove Bakasetas and get Masouras, Pelkas and Mantalos on, well I was worried at first about being proven wrong but it didn't take long for these guys to show us what Greece can do with good mobile players in attack, I also thought Androutsos and the 3 defenders were great again, actually like seen Androutsos move centrally at times as you can see the midfielder in him, great touches, passes and can get by a player 1:1 too.

Sadly the second half was a tragedy, with Bakasetas on, there was just no connection happening, Pelkas looked tired and nothing was sticking with Tzolis who I am starting to worry about.

I dunno if anyone in Australia watched it on Optus Sport and the stupid commentator was saying a penalty was given on the Tsimikas handball... I was devastated only to see what I originally thought, it's a goal kick!

Speaking of Tsimikas, clearly a little rusty with the lack of game time, I don't think you can fully judge him now, when in form and playing he is a very good player

It's no wonder we haven't scored more than 2 goals in 4 years was it?? We are s%$#! at finishing and we just don't have the drive to put teams away... second half... I don't get who we got so poor, no what we wanted to see but overall a good two results prior to September, you got to keep Bakasetas outside the 11.

Tzolis is a good player on open space.

Vs Honduras the kid has a dozen of chances, missed all but he was in them. Honduras played open ball and came to win. Norway was strict and not giving us space to run. Tzolis will be decent for 1st and 2nd tier opposition like Sweden and Spain, if he moves to a better league and gets proper football education, work ethic and competition for a starting spot.

I am wondering why we didn't see Fountas who also had another amazing season. Similar statistics to Bakasetas in a similar difficulty league. Hoping he declined the call-up for transfer negotiations. I also am wondering why we saw no Sebastian Vasiliadis. Guy got a transfer to Bundesliga side Arminia. It's not like our midfield has so much talent that we can miss out on a Bundesliga player.

10 hours ago, Rockafeller Skank said:

? How does the result prove me wrong mate?
Mantalos was nowhere to be found on the offensive play. It was amazing key passes from Pelkas and Tsimikas that ended up in goals. I'd rather have Zeka and/or Siopis than Mantalos if all I expect from him is to man-mark.

Because you’re hating on JVS even after we beat a solid Norway team. You still find something to criticize. Hence why you called him “this guy”. Who the hell cares if he plays if we still win? 

Not saying you, but I see people on here and Twitter that literally HATE this man like he shagged their mom or something. We win, and people still complain about his selections. All these damn conspiracy theories. I even remember someone saying early , not mentioning his name...B.... that he was selecting certain players so he can get fired 😂

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

In our qualifiers, so far we have struggled to create chances with player selections, and 4 2 3 1 formation.

So it was interesting to see some new players, and a line up vs Norway, using a 5 3 2 or 3 5 2 formation with wing backs.

Masouras, Pelkas did well in both friendlies and then if you add Fortounis we have a solid front line. Tziolis is young but a solid backup. I would also add Fountas in the mix also. For me, Mantalos is currently out of form.

Pavlidis or Giakoumakis our current striker options. They are best we have.

K Pap, Tzavelas and Mitropanos all doing well, so we have a solid back line.

Tzimikas, Gianoulis and Androutsos looking good as wing back options. Kyriakopoulos and Lykogianis as backups 

Problem is and continues to be in the midfield. From these friendlies, I think Bouchalakis and Galanopoulos are ahead of Zeka and Siopis.

Suddenly and inexplicably, it seems we have a settled lineup, but what do we do with our captan, Bakasetas. I am not anti Bakasetas, and I think he does bring certain leadership with the way he competes, but lacks skill and creativity of Fortounis. I don’t know if we can play both in the starting 11 or rather it hasn’t worked so far.

• Like it 3