Phantis Forums

2021-2022 Pre Season Training News and Games

Dutch Eagle

3 hours ago, Dutch Eagle said:

Damn. He played well the second half of last season. And this will effect the fee if any.

Double damn.  It's a real shame as everyone knows he has a great second half of the season.  He is also the only player I can think of in the squad that has that "x" factor who on his day can turn a game around.  The last players we had that were like that were Henrique and Rodrigues.  Yes, you can't rely on them for consistency but on their day they could devastate the opposition.  Always handy to have a player like that.

1 hour ago, Bananas said:

Double damn.  It's a real shame as everyone knows he has a great second half of the season.  He is also the only player I can think of in the squad that has that "x" factor who on his day can turn a game around.  The last players we had that were like that were Henrique and Rodrigues.  Yes, you can't rely on them for consistency but on their day they could devastate the opposition.  Always handy to have a player like that.

Personally I think what Warda showed last season was above Henrique. Even when he wasn't having a dominating game he was effective, Henrique on the other hand was completely absent when he wasn't on song. This is stupid man management from Lucescu, unless there's something we don't know then this is simply Lucescu waving his schlong around to the detriment of the team.

1 hour ago, Nea Bafra said:

Personally I think what Warda showed last season was above Henrique. Even when he wasn't having a dominating game he was effective, Henrique on the other hand was completely absent when he wasn't on song. This is stupid man management from Lucescu, unless there's something we don't know then this is simply Lucescu waving his schlong around to the detriment of the team.

There is absolutely stuff we don't know about. Do we actually think Warda who has had multiple issues in the past which has resulted in multiple managers not wanting him has done nothing this time around? Sorry where there is smoke there is fire, he has a history of this sort of behaviour. Credit to Garcia who was able to get him onside and playing for him without any major fuss (we don't know what type of concessions Garcia was making for this to happen)

It's a shame because as a few of you have pointed out he is a real difference maker, he is good enough to be a starter for us. But it seems he needs to play at a mid-lower table team where they will tolerate his antics and ego. 

• Like it 2

It all started when when Lucescu started using El Kaddouri on left side. Warda, who expects (in his mind) to be the starter all the time erupted at practice which ended with him being banned by Lucescu from practices. After a couple days he was allowed back and was even given a start in the friendly game. Instead he skipped town with the excuse that his mother is sick in Egypt. This pretty much sealed his fate at PAOK.

If I was PAE PAOK, I would tell him to bring an offer and wish him good luck. None of this free loans to teams such as Volos or Atromitos. Otherwise, there is always PAOK 'B' where he can finish his contract.  

• Like it 1

The whole Warda situation is beginning to sounds very fishy to me. 

Over the weekend there was a report that there is a Superleague player that was reported to the EPO Disciplinary Committee with sexual abuse allegations.

Today the Volos mayor and NFC Volos owner came out saying that as much as he loves Warda and as a player, he has decided not to pursue his transfer to Volos because of ethical issues that have no place on his football team.

So in other words, you're saying word broke internally on this (perhaps as far back as Warda's "personal issue" that resulted in him going back to Egypt) and so they cut him as far back as then?

I don't know. I am just wondering how these two stories just surfaced in the last few days.

It's just interesting how this sleazebag Beos is getting involved in issues concerning PAOK. 

• 5 weeks later...

Prouder ?  Maybe psefto pride.  I can tell you what we were back then - we were poorer, unorganised and lacking trophies.  We were the bitches of Athens with no owner who could stand up for the club (because that’s how it works in Greece unfortunately).  All we had were our european nights (and they were good) the occasional derby win against POK (but we knew deep down we would not win the title) and the fans/Toumba ( but the fans even shat on that by getting us banned for 5 years).  We would pay our players peanuts and even then fail to pay them and have to release them or sell our talented players.  Shameful and worse, embarrassing.

I’ll take what we have now over that.  I’ll take having a respectable budget, 4 Cups, 1 League title thanks.  I do agree with you the signings have been fairly disappointing this summer - I expected better - but compared to the old days, man, you needed Xanax to get through those days - they were rough.

• Like it 2
  • Thanks 1