Phantis Forums

2021-2022 Pre Season Training News and Games

Dutch Eagle

I think Vierinha's injury happened during morning practice after being hit by his teammate.  In the afternoon practice Zivkovic got bruised up, but returned to the field after a while. Mihaj will have an MRI on his previously injured knee after he complained about pain. They are falling like flies out there.

Mihaj's MRI did not show any damage and he is ok to train.

Zivkovic complained about pain where he was injured yesterday and will most likely miss tomorrow's game against Heracles.

With guys like El Kaddouri, Schwab, Vieirinha, Kagawa we have a lot of guys with a good football IQ who generally won't make cheap mistakes and retain possession, which is what we saw for the most part in that 1st half. Zivkovic, Tzolis (and Warda*) will add pace and directness and we will have a good balance. 

I've been impressed with Oliveira, can hold the ball and gets into good positions. Nice couple of goals for him and should have had an assist had Kagawa finished. 

Edited by paokarag4

Is anyone else concerned with the players we have in our squad as a whole? 

Overall, I do not have much confidence in this squad a lot of players seem to be over the hill, to young to be rely'ed upon, not up it! 

The only players in our first 11 that are of quality for me are: Varela, Zivkovic 

8 hours ago, PAOKSYD said:

Is anyone else concerned with the players we have in our squad as a whole? 

Overall, I do not have much confidence in this squad a lot of players seem to be over the hill, to young to be rely'ed upon, not up it! 

The only players in our first 11 that are of quality for me are: Varela, Zivkovic 

I would say Ingasson, Tzolis, Oliviera, Swiderski, Warda are all of quality too. 3 of those play on their national teams. 

7 hours ago, PaokCT said:

I would say Ingasson, Tzolis, Oliviera, Swiderski, Warda are all of quality too. 3 of those play on their national teams. 

Forgot Ignasson! Ok we have 3 quality players. Ita definately not enough to make some noise in Europe....

Feyenoord - PAOK will be played old school: 2 x 45 minutes. Feyenoord asked this. Don’t no why they want this. Probably the misarable result against Drita in Q2 ECL “force” them to secure freshness in the squad for Thursdays return.