Phantis Forums

2021-2022 Pre Season Training News and Games

Dutch Eagle

Team looked much better in the second half. Big props to Koutsias, Esiti, and Vrakas for doing particularly well IMO. But none so well as the almighty Warda, who was unlucky multiple times.

FT 3-1. Missed a lot of the game due to bad information of inpaok and paoktv s*cking so I can't say if it was realy good or bad.  But I will rely on what Pash said.

Don't know if I can go to Eindhoven on Wednesday. The COVID-19 cases have rissen from 500 to 7,000 a day in just few days overhere. There are coming restrictions again. Might hurt soccer. But I hope it won't.

That's crazy...I wouldn't risk it if you're seeing a 10x increase in infection rates. Unless, of course, you're vaccinated. Then you should go lick everything and everyone. Call it "due dilligence"

Come on lads, COVID doesn't affect football. Over 60,000+ people in one stadium for a semi-final and even more a final. Don't even mention the celebrations after in the streets. The virus isn't attracted to people who like football, it only likes people who want to travel abroad or protest against restrictions.

Speaking of travelling abroad - 1000 Italians are set to travel from Rome and Milan to London for the final without any quarantine. UEFA officials are also exempt from quarantine. Amazing how COVID can't get them. On the other hand, my partner and I have had to undertake 5 days of quarantine after arriving in Italy despite having a negative PCR test.

PS. Imagine a vaccine so effective, yours will only work if everyone else takes it too.
PS.2. @Dutch Eaglethere are definitely more restrictions/lockdowns coming. Watch how "Euro 2020 was a huge mistake, and now we* must pay the price of being careless!"

*When they say 'we' they mean the simple folk like us of course.The elite will still be flying all over the place and hugging/kissing in corridors.

• Thanks 1

These 30 players will fly to the Netherlands:

Ζίβκοβιτς , Πασχαλάκης , Μπαλωμένος, Ταλιχμανίδης , Τέιλορ , Ροντρίγκο , Λύρατζης , Ίνγκασον , Βαρέλα , Μιχάι , Κρέσπο , Μιχαηλίδης , Βιεϊρίνια , Περέιρα , Εσίτι , Τσιγγάρας , Νινούα , Ελ Καντουρί , Σβαμπ , Καγκάβα , Ουάρντα , Βρακάς , Κωνσταντέλιας , Μουργκ , Λάμπρου , Α.Ζίβκοβιτς , Τζόλης , Σφιντέρσκι , Κούτσιας , Ολιβέιρα .

No Bradonjic. wtf is going on with him?

No Douglas Augusto as he is taking part at the Olympics. 

No Gordeziani despite his openingsgoal of our season. 

No Biseswar because of the gold cup.

Am I missing someone?

Looks pretty complete to me!

Lucescu said he wants 28 players, so with the return of Augusto and Biseswar we should expect four people to be cut. We also know Lucescu said he needs "three or four" new players per his comments after the Volos friendly. Could we really be cutting up to EIGHT people from this list? Seems unlikely in one transfer period.

So looking at that list - we have three right-backs, so either Soares or Lyratzis will probably be cut. Both Ferreira and Garcia seemed to dislike Pereira, so I wouldn't be shocked if he is dropped too (though personally I think he's exactly the kind of player Lucescu seems to like).

In terms of wingers - Zivkovic, Tzolis, Murg, and Lamprou are all there. The sites keep saying we want another winger...presumably Murg and Lamprou are in danger of being cut.

Attacking midfielders - Vrakas, Konstantelias, Warda, El Kaddouri, Kagawa, Biseswar. I bet both of the Greeks will be sold/loaned out/transferred to PAOK II

Other midfielders - Schwab, Esiti, Augusto, Ninua, Tsiggaras. Personally I'd say Augusto and Esiti are the most likely to go. Wouldn't be surprised if they both leave and Tsiggaras gets sent to PAOK II, to clear the way for one of the signings Lucescu is gunning for.

Well the moment many of us feared(especially @pash) has arrived.... Warda was kicked out of training by Lucescu. The report I read stated the Warda made a mistake on the ball and kicked another ball away in frustration, Lucescu confronted him and they started yelling at each other. 

It remains to be seen whether this is serious enough for it to be the end of Warda at PAOK (again) or if it will be something resolved inhouse and we move on. 

https://www.paok24.com/preseason/274205/adoxo-telos-stin-proponisi-gia-oyarnta/

• Like it 1

17 minutes ago, paokarag4 said:

Well the moment many of us feared(especially @pash) has arrived.... Warda was kicked out of training by Lucescu. The report I read stated the Warda made a mistake on the ball and kicked another ball away in frustration, Lucescu confronted him and they started yelling at each other. 

It remains to be seen whether this is serious enough for it to be the end of Warda at PAOK (again) or if it will be something resolved inhouse and we move on. 

https://www.paok24.com/preseason/274205/adoxo-telos-stin-proponisi-gia-oyarnta/

The only reason to confront someone over that is if 

a] you wanted to start something to get rid of him; or

b] he kicked the ball at someone

wtf is going on

Lucescu is strict. Keep in mind we don't know what was happening leading up to the incident. The neckbeards who write these articles collectively possess the intellect of a trashcan and the journalistic integrity of what's in the trashcan.

My prediction: Warda and Lucescu kiss and make up, then in a month it happens again and he gets released.

6 hours ago, Nea Bafra said:

The only reason to confront someone over that is if 

a] you wanted to start something to get rid of him; or

b] he kicked the ball at someone

wtf is going on

I tend to lean to point A. It’s obvious Lucescu doesn’t get along with Warda. Any little thing and Warda will get released. 

PSV - PAOK 1:0 halftime

PSV clearly better and ready for the upcoming season. PAOK is not. Slow reactions by PAOK players, many careless mistakes. Score could easily be 3:0 if not for Zivkovic saves and crossbar.

Wish we had a player such as Zahavi on our team.

Lamprou is heading to the exit.

Esiti is heading to the exit.

Taylor ine anapiros. Giati ton pirame?

Swiderski needs glue to stick the ballen at his feet.

Zivko is our best player in the first half.

All PAOK player from 1st half replaced by Lucescu with the start of the 2nd half.

Zivkovic Z. (46. Paschalakis), Taylor (46. Lyratzis), Varela (46. Mihaj), Michailidis (46. Crespo), Pereyra (46. Rodrigo), Esiti (46. Schwab), El Kaddouri (46.Ninua), Zivkovic A. (46. Murg), Kagawa (46. Vrakas), Lambrou (46. Tzolis), Swiderski (46. Oliveira)

Heavy rain from the start of 2nd half making things difficult for both teams.