Phantis Forums

2021-2022 Pre Season Training News and Games

Dutch Eagle

According to the reports the player with covid did not travel to Thessaloniki and is in quarantine in his country. With that in mind and looking at the pictures of training I don't see the following players:

Varela, Soares, Augusto, Schwab, Murg, Ninua. Take your pick 

Charleroi is the team Nini went to after (or before?) us, I think? Such a close connection!

-edit- training vid released. Soares is there around 1:47. Perhaps Augusto is the one who's sick?

I wonder who the guy wearing the #24 is (he shows up a few times at the beginning). Very likely the same kid who was in preseason last year - I believe he was/is part of our youth setup but wasn't allowed to actually play because as a refugee he didn't have some sort of documentation?

Edited by pash

The last two pre-season friendlies have been confirmed by PAE PAOK.

Here is the list of our friendlies:

09-July, 19:00 EEST:  PAOK - NFC Volos (Toumba Stadium)
14-July, 21:00 EEST:   PSV Eindhoven - PAOK  (Philips Stadium)
17-July, 14:00 EEST:   PAOK - Royal Charleroi SC 
21-July, 15:00 EEST:   PAOK - Heracles Almelo
25-July, 15:30 EEST:   Feyenoord Rotterdam - PAOK  (De Kuip Stadium)

The venues of the friendlies against Charleroi and Heracles are not mentioned. I will take a look at the websites of the clubs if they mention anything. 

What is mentioned is that the two games are without fans. 

Edit 1: nothing mentioned on the websites of both teams. What I did saw is that Charleroi starts the Belgian leagueseason the 24th of July so they will be a good/ready opponent when we play them.

Edit 2: Heracles is the club of Orestis Kioumourtzoglou.

PAE PAOK released a statement saying that the games against Charleroi and Heracles will be without fans and warned everyone not show up to watch the games or they will be cancelled. This leads me to believe that the games will be played at the training facilities that PAOK is using for pre-season training.

No Kagawa, El Kaddouri and Pereira today in order to avoid injuries.

inpaok.com stating that the game starts 19.30 EEST. Therefore 30 minutes later. No confirmation on that on paokfc.gr though.