Phantis Forums

2021-2022 Pre Season Training News and Games

Dutch Eagle

If COVID-19 does not spoil it again I might see our beloved PAOK overhere in the preseason.

Christos Karipidis has travelled to the Netherlands to check out some training facilities. Fingers crossed as I won't go to Greece this summer thanks to that same COVID-19-sh*t.

It would be a fantastic sign of a return to normalcy. I'm still debating taking a trip to Greece (I was going to go last year, for the first time since ~2014). Perhaps instead I'll go to the Netherlands and have you buy me some oliebolen!

• Like it 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

First team meeting is scheduled for June 22, and for the next 6 days Lucescu will weed out the players that will not travel to Austria.

We will play 4 or 5 games while in Austria. The games should be announced in the next few days.

PAOK is seriously thinking of changing the dates and even the location of the pre-season training due to the fact that we will start our European campaign two weeks later. Holland is back in the picture.

Oké. Now we have this schedule:

First meeting/training of the players on June 29th.

Friendly in Greece on July 10th, opponent TBA.

Pre-season training in beautifull the Netherlands from July 11th till July 26th; including 4 friendlies

August 5th: ECL Q3 first leg.

• 2 weeks later...

It's good to see the team gun for strong opposition in their friendlies (even if nobody's going to be trying particularly hard). Hopefully they won't pull an Ajax and ban us from televising the match.

To recap our confirmed friendlies so far:

09-July, 19:30 EEST:  PAOK - NFC Volos (Toumba Stadium)
14-July, 21:00 EEST:   PSV Eindhoven - PAOK  (Philips Stadium)
25-July, 15:30 EEST:   Feyenoord Rotterdam - PAOK  (De Kuip Stadium)

Still no info on who will televise the games. TV rights for the games in Holland are controlled by the company that arranges our pre-season training and games.