Phantis Forums

SL1-PO-R8: PAOK - Aris (09-05-21, 15:00 EEST)

Blackhawk

Didn't rate the ref highly. I think what EPO and Clattenburg don't understand (or perhaps just don't care about) is that the point of bringing in foreign referees is to raise the bar. By bringing in Estonians, Belarusians and Azerbaijanis all we are seeing is pretty much the same as any Greek referee. It needs to be an Elite referee from central Europe, Spain or England in order for a difference to be seen.

38 minutes ago, pash said:

Correct, AEK is now 9 points behind us so the best they can do is tie us on points (and I believe our head to head and GD are both better). So what do we spend that million euros on??

I would like to retire earlier than at the age of 67 years and 6 months as it stands now in the Netherlands. I’m fine with 750 K. 

• Like it 1

3 hours ago, pash said:

Correct, AEK is now 9 points behind us so the best they can do is tie us on points (and I believe our head to head and GD are both better). So what do we spend that million euros on??

We also need to figure a way out overspend with the FFP rules, overwise Olympiakos will just get ahead because of the profit difference from campions league/Europa.

Edited by Nilaul

We are fine with  FFP and with the 7.5 mil coming from Giannoulis transfer we are sitting pretty.

As for 2nd place all we need is 1 win against either Olympiakos or Tripoli or Aris tying one game.

17 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

As for 2nd place all we need is 1 win against either Olympiakos or Tripoli or Aris tying one game.

A draw is enough. We lead them by 5 points and our HTH is in our favour.

41 minutes ago, pash said:

They're doing away with FFP, aren't they? Or at least, replacing it with something else.

Not quite, there making them more lenient but it should give Olympiacos a year or two of a head start under existing rules, and we don't know how the rules will change yet.

Edited by Nilaul

2 minutes ago, Dutch Eagle said:

A draw is enough. We lead them by 5 points and our HTH is in our favour.

Nah, we should only win against Olympiacos, the aftermath alone provides days of entertainment. 

But guys, do you think we could finally see a glimp of that Bradonjic dude if we play those entertainment-games? He isn't even mentioned when the squads are announced. Is he still in Thessaloniki?

23 minutes ago, Dutch Eagle said:

But guys, do you think we could finally see a glimp of that Bradonjic dude if we play those entertainment-games? He isn't even mentioned when the squads are announced. Is he still in Thessaloniki?

To be honest I forgot he even existed until you mentioned him.

Haha these next games are exactly where he SHOULD be played.

I don't have an issue with some common sense rules regarding spending. The issue I have is all of those other teams were able to buy their way into the top tier, who have now convinced the sport as a whole that the door must be closed to OTHER teams doing the same.

Want an equitable solution? Let the additional funds (not stemming from footballing operations) be inversely related to the relative value (or gross of previous owner-driven cash infusions) of the "big" clubs. If a billionaire buys Asteras, let them put more money in than Ivan is allowed to put into PAOK. Let Ivan put in more money than the owner(s) of, say, Seville (for example). The only other option I can see, is US-style salary caps (which I am not a fan of).

This screenshot confused me because I thought this joakim guy had the skinny on Vieirinha's condition. To clarify: Vieirinha shared the below pic and the "everything okay" caption is what he wrote. So I guess no need to worry.

Screenshot_20210509-220046_Instagram-sca