Phantis Forums

PAE PAOK General News (2015-2016)

Blackhawk

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PAOK President, Iakobos Angelidis resigns for "personal reasons".... 

Can anyone blame him? Management went from Arnesen-Aggelidis with clearly defined roles to start the season, to a group of 5 guys with overlapping (or just ambiguous) duties. 

This is all on Savvidis and his micro-managing. Give Arnesen a clearly defined budget and get out of the f-ing way. 

He makes valid points though.

I heard Savvidis is coming to New York end of February for a Pontiako dance andmay make an appearance at the NY PAOK club.  I'm going to be in the area, so I'm having my mother give me pontiaka lessons.  Maybe I can get a front office job.  I can't imagine I'd do any worse than anyone over there already.  May I can be the North American Talent Scout.... I'll just watch MLS all day, and make recommendations.

• Like it 1

Apparently Vezyrtzis will resign as PAE PAOK vice-president tomorrow. That follows the resignation of PAE PAOK president Jack Aggelidis. Vezyrtzis probably got pissed off that Savvidis chose Michel as the new president instead of him.

He makes valid points though.

I heard Savvidis is coming to New York end of February for a Pontiako dance andmay make an appearance at the NY PAOK club.  I'm going to be in the area, so I'm having my mother give me pontiaka lessons.  Maybe I can get a front office job.  I can't imagine I'd do any worse than anyone over there already.  May I can be the North American Talent Scout.... I'll just watch MLS all day, and make recommendations.

Boston, happy to be your imaginary southern hemisphere talent scout if you get the gig

It's like they're playing musical chairs over there....Coaches, Technical Directors, Presidents, Vice Presidents...... Players.  It's nuts.  

At least Arnesen is there.  As long as he's still Technical Director, I have a small glimmer of hope.  It could be the case that he's not the man to improve the team, but please, let the man try.  Give him a budget, a real budget, and let's see what he can do.  Who out of the rabble from the past can do better ?

• 2 weeks later...

There probably is some truth to this, but if the team is run in a professional manner, such issues should be taken care off by the coaching staff. However at PAOK it might be difficult, when the owner's son (and future team owner) publicly claims that he is friends with Tzavellas and has a poster of the player hanging on the wall.   

@BostonThanatos

@Blackhawk

What makes you think the current crop of Greek players are the cause of any (alleged) locker room problems? 

The only thing I've seen out of Tzavellas is effort and intensity on the pitch. Selfies notwithstanding, he's done nothing but acquit himself well when he has played. 

@paoksweden - I have no love for Anastasiadis, and the way he ostracized Tzavellas (and publicly admitted doing so) just because a player wanted a second opinion on an injury is inexcusable to me, particularly in this day and age. If the locker room soured, maybe it was his direct influence, or maybe it was a result of the way Aggelos treated a player that seems to be a popular presence in the locker room. Either way, it all begins with the manager mishandling a player. This isn't the 70's, Players have influence. 

@bananas - I like Klaus but sadly, he has reached his ceiling and it's not enough. It's time to give Koulouris a real shot and maybe Papadopoulos in another year or so ... 

Overall, I don't get the anti-Tzavellas sentiment. This is a team full of "nice guys" and quiet personalities. Tzavellas is one of the few (the only??) intense players on the roster. He may be our only real leader in the locker room. We need more guys like that, not less.