Phantis Forums

PAE PAOK General News (2020-2021)

Dutch Eagle

For sure! This is really going to derail a lot of teams across the world, international breaks aren't ideal for clubs at the best of times let alone in the middle of a pandemic. Mbappe also tested positive while away with the French NT.

If every-time we have NT games our international players are having to isolate upon return it's going to hit us hard. Having a Friday night game this week isn't ideal. Hopefully Giannoulis, Tzolis, Paschalakis, Ingason and Michailidis get their test results today and they can train tomorrow. But to your point there are plenty of examples of false negatives/positives. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The SL match against Olympiakos will probably postponed. Playing on Saturday (gives PAOK just two days to recover) or Sunday (two days before Olympiakos plays their CL match) is just not possible hence the three days between games rule.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Leo Jaba up and left from Thessaloniki, apparently without permission from the team and is on his way back to Brazil. 

I don't know what has happened with him, if you believe the rumours he began to frequent bars and enjoy the Thessaloniki night life a little too much. It seems these stories surface about every player who flops with us, so I don't really put too much stock into those stories. 

Whatever the truth is, I really think he could've been useful this season now that he's fully fit even if it was off the bench. 

Seems Greek journos just love to claim everything bad happens because people like the nightlife too much. Can it really be true in 100% of cases that trend towards bad result? Haha suuure

Organizational dynamics are difficult. Managing people is difficult. This is a problem businesses, militaries, and - yes - sports organizations have dealt with for a long time. There's a reason why it's an entire field of study. That's not really pointed towards Jaba but more of a general comment.

• 2 weeks later...

Its time to break FFP, it doesn't work. FFP has been designed to stop teams from enquiring losses, however if an owner wants to through away his own money he can't, as that according to the FFP is one way road to bankruptcy. How so may I ask? The owner pumps his own money in the team, his own finances, covers the players wage, it doesn't put any pressure on the teams economy.

If we get kicked out, of UEFA we will be banned for 2 years, we could take it case and potentially overturn the ruling as FFP is unfair, there is already precedence with Manchester united. 

Buy young talented players, and if we can't save our safe from the ban then we will have these players after the ban ends.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Jaba is returning back to Thessaloniki this week to rejoin the team and start practices. He was allowed to travel to Brazil to continue his therapies there. He has not been the same since the botched surgeries on his knee. I think he is done playing soccer on competitive level.