Phantis Forums

PAE PAOK General News (2020-2021)

Dutch Eagle

Giannis Amanatidis the former Frankfurt captain and Ethniki player has been announced as a new assistant coach. He will be in charge of the teams attacking play as he has been the last year and a half with Swiss side St.Gallen.  For what it's worth St.Gallen this season has scored 78 goals, the most in the Swiss league. 

https://www.sport24.gr/football/omades/Paok/paok-sto-texniko-tim-o-amanatidhs.5738364.html

He did retire at 30, he was quite injury plagued from memory but his best football was quite good. I know he was involved in a coaching capacity at Iraklis and obviously in the last few seasons in Switzerland. There looks like there was a few years that are unaccounted for between his retirement and his days at Iraklis, so maybe you're right. 

7 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

Why would you include Stoch in that group? 

Stoch was (and maybe is again since moving back) a notorious figure within the nightlife of Thessaloniki. A good lad who I met in Florence (after the Fiorentina game back in 2016) explained that he had been renewing his season ticket in the same place in gate 6 for the past couple of years and had thus become aquainted with those around him who did the same. One of them was the owner a popular bar in the city. One matchday while the players were warming.up they were discussing Stoch's (who was on loan at the time) contract and how much he was earning. Apart from his salary, PAOK was also paying for an apartment. It was then that the bar owner said "Τι το πληρώνουν το διαμέρισμα; Αφού σχεδόν κάθε βράδυ σε μένα κοιμάται".

A 2nd player has tested positive to COVID and has been left home instead of travelling to the pre-season camp with the rest of the team. Not sure who the player is yet, he hasn't been named. Hopefully they recover quickly. I wouldn't be surprised if a few more cases pop up now given the nature of the virus, how easily it spreads and it's incubation period can be a few days or longer. 

11 minutes ago, paokarag4 said:

A 2nd player has tested positive to COVID and has been left home instead of travelling to the pre-season camp with the rest of the team. Not sure who the player is yet, he hasn't been named. Hopefully they recover quickly. I wouldn't be surprised if a few more cases pop up now given the nature of the virus, how easily it spreads and it's incubation period can be a few days or longer. 

yep, we are seeing that here at home.

19 hours ago, Athens4 said:

Stoch was (and maybe is again since moving back) a notorious figure within the nightlife of Thessaloniki. A good lad who I met in Florence (after the Fiorentina game back in 2016) explained that he had been renewing his season ticket in the same place in gate 6 for the past couple of years and had thus become aquainted with those around him who did the same. One of them was the owner a popular bar in the city. One matchday while the players were warming.up they were discussing Stoch's (who was on loan at the time) contract and how much he was earning. Apart from his salary, PAOK was also paying for an apartment. It was then that the bar owner said "Τι το πληρώνουν το διαμέρισμα; Αφού σχεδόν κάθε βράδυ σε μένα κοιμάται".

So it's a story that has been propagated by word of mouth by by all kind of people, including non-PAOK fans. The stories about Markiz have been spread around by Libero FM and the lamogio Zagoras. That's why I never believe those stories. I am sure everybody added to the rumor once it was first brought up by the sleaziest of scum that radio personalities are.

Who knows Stoch might have been a party animal the first time around, but he showed up for the games and practices. This time around things are surely different as he has family with a kid around.

9 hours ago, paokarag4 said:

A 2nd player has tested positive to COVID and has been left home instead of travelling to the pre-season camp with the rest of the team. Not sure who the player is yet, he hasn't been named. 

It is a player that did not show up for practice at Pilio today. Through some detective work I predict that the 2nd player with COVID is Warda.

Chances are good that we will have few more positive cases ahead.

Yeah there's no way that more people weren't infected. Hell, there's a good chance that Stoch wasn't the one who brought this in; he may have just "lucked out" by his test coming in positive first. Scary stuff.

At Rapid Vienna there was also a player with a positive COVID19 test. 

And with an overall increase off positive test around the World I’ m not sure if the European season will (or must) commence as scheduled. A lot of countries are returning to the phase they were in around the end of March: code red or at least orange.

edit: all tests at PAOK were negative today!

• 4 weeks later...

Also, I saw some people posting on social media that Rebbe's press conference (introduction) was going to happen today but I haven't seen anything officially posted anywhere. I'm interested in what this guy has to say

It was going to be either today or tomorrow. Since it did not happen today it should be tomorrow. Also it will not be a live press conference. PAE PAOK asked reporters to send in questions, which will be answered by Rebbe on line.