Phantis Forums

SL1-PO-R2: Panathinaikos - PAOK (04-04-21, 15:00 EEST)

Blackhawk

Oof forgot about this game and my koumbaro just me a message (he’s a Panathinaikos supporter) teasing me.  I checked the stats on livescore ... are they even accurate ?  It says they had 3 chances for 3 goals.  Can they be that efficient ?  That is most Germanic.

As for us, the solution is self evident.  We need to restrict the opposition to zero goals scoring opportunities.  Alternatively we need to create 10x the opportunities they do so we can make up for our poor defence.

I haven’t watched a game in yonks so I can’t really say what the problem is.  Stats for a game can be misleading but stats for a season don’t lie.  Our defending (note I didn’t say defence) is obviously our main problem.  We have the second best attack in the league and I know we still struggle to score easily and our attacks can be one dimensional but right now that isn’t our main problem.

As for why we concede so many and so easily that’s for the team to work out.  Is there a lack of pressing ?  Are the lines too spaced out ?  Is it set pieces ?  F*** mate, it shouldn’t be that hard to work it out.    But apparently they can’t work it out.

We copped 3 today even with 3 in the middle from a PAO team that is (let’s be honest) a pretty bad team.  They don’t even try to play ball.  What does that say about us ?  Getting sucked in week after week against inferior opposition who sit back and then counter.

Not sure if the problem is the squad or the manager.  The pressure on Garcia will be intense.

• Like it 1

We can be thankful that Panathinaikos only had 3 attempts on goal or the scoreline would have been much worse.

Garcia outcoached the same way as in the recent game against them. They let us have useless possession in the first 30 minutes and then counter with their only chance in that half.

In the 2nd half we go on all attack and miss a big chance with Crespo. Had we scored there it probably would have been a different game. Then Panthinaikos has a second shot on goal and they score. Poor wall set by Paschalakis who than is in the wrong position and jumps in the wrong direction. Three mistakes by our goalie in one play. And the rest is history.

9 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

We can be thankful that Panathinaikos only had 3 attempts on goal or the scoreline would have been much worse.

Garcia outcoached the same way as in the recent game against them. They let us have useless possession in the first 30 minutes and then counter with their only chance in that half.

In the 2nd half we go on all attack and miss a big chance with Crespo. Had we scored there it probably would have been a different game. Then Panthinaikos has a second shot on goal and they score. Poor wall set by Paschalakis who than is in the wrong position and jumps in the wrong direction. Three mistakes by our goalie in one play. And the rest is history.

"Garcia outcoached the same way as in the recent game against them." That's it. And so easily. Against the practical and simple style of Bölöni... 

Are there still any doubts related to the repeated García's unability?! Too poor to be believed.   

Keep this lethargy regarding next season's preparation, coach and market and we will see next season be lost before starting. 

Edited by bluevertigo