Phantis Forums

Friendly: Greece - Honduras (28 Mar. 2021 - Toumba, Thessaloniki)

Dutch Eagle

Masouras and limnios are garbage. I’d rather tasos Donis by far. Vant schipp has an issue with not playing fortounis in his natural position... mavrias is s%$#!, mavropanos looked slow and out of position a lot. Mantalos was pretty bad as well. Not a good game

Just now, Brklyngrk said:

Good overall game by Greece, could have scored more, at least 2 more (clearance off the line, I believe 1 post, maybe 2). Not even taking into the account the three chances Tziolis had.

Yup Greece had the misses from Tzolis and Giakoumakis a post and the ball cleared of the line. Honduras generated a few chances a 2 v 1 and a header off target. 

• Like it 1

I think Limnios had a pretty bad game, but you guys are also being pretty harsh.. a bad game doesn’t justify “permanently removing him from the squad”. I think he still has something to offer.

as for mavropanos, he had a decent game, it’s a matter of chemistry, the goalie would have anticipated that header back had the two players had more chemistry.. I think he will be a fine addition to the team once the team stabilizes. Which I can’t say will happen until the WC LOL.

• Like it 1

1 hour ago, Bardouuu said:

I think Limnios had a pretty bad game, but you guys are also being pretty harsh.. a bad game doesn’t justify “permanently removing him from the squad”. I think he still has something to offer.

as for mavropanos, he had a decent game, it’s a matter of chemistry, the goalie would have anticipated that header back had the two players had more chemistry.. I think he will be a fine addition to the team once the team stabilizes. Which I can’t say will happen until the WC LOL.

@Bardouuu

Honestly a lot of us can live with bad games if a player is giving max effort.

The problem with Limnios is that hes sticking out like a sore thumb trying to play with flare/showing off. Hes the only one in the squad who isent trying to make direct passes and plays on the ball and he is always trying a flick or take on when he dosent have the skill to pull it off. He dosent fit with what their trying to do.

• Like it 1

I liked fortounis he is playmaker this team needs cant understand why he is not aways on the 11. Tsioles misses made this game closer than it should have been. Positive note lots of balls played into open player's instead of floating hopefully crosses. 

3 hours ago, Brklyngrk said:

For OLY fans, why does Martins choose not to start Fortounis? 

Just likes him as a supersub, I think. I don't get it either.

6 hours ago, Chris Tsamados said:

Says something for a team when they play more defensive than us!

https://youtu.be/n4-sQLDk-mY

Pavlidis did really well besides scoring too. Good layoffs, and dummies, I wouldn’t mind playing with him as a 2nd Strikers behind Giakoumakis, I think they would create a lot more than Bakasetas as a false 9 does

• Like it 1