Jump to content
Phantis Forums

2022 WCQ: Greece - Georgia (31 Mar. 2021 - Toumba, Thessaloniki)


Recommended Posts

Giannoulis is a Championship player and we have a better defender in that position. This is again like starting Barkas over Vlachodimos in the past, or choosing Bakasetas as team captain and playmaker instead of Fortounis, or ejecting Manolas from the squad because of Svarnas and the likes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bro let me tell you something you’re the type of guy that will cheer for the team when they’re playing well and then come out here and start telling everybody “I told you so” you’re like the little we

Starting lineup was just announced !!! Courtesy of sportime  Vlachodimos  bakakis k paps tzavellas giannoulis  zeca bouchalakis  fortunis bakasetas tzolis  pavlidis  

It was a bad game, felt like a loss.  After a string of promising football, we played bad.  By promising, I mean creating shots on goal, keeping possession. This was the first time I saw a JVS coached

8 minutes ago, Rockafeller Skank said:

He is angry because its a team he enjoys and wants it to perform. This clown fiesta was a coach-driven result. 10 times vlacho could try the fast pass up front but the call was "patience". 

Patience is done. We re stepping in the 2nd year with this manager. So many mistakes. Forcing Bakasetas to become a leader he cannot be, just to prove something to Fortounis. We weren't plying vs Spain, or vs Portugal or even vs Bosnia Finland and Serbia. We werent even playing a team at the lvl of Albania or Montenegro. We were playing vs an Estonia.

4 years ago we were drawing Estonia and losing to Faroe Islands and Finland but we never looked this s%$#! in 2 matches in a row. 

Dude I’m pretty sure you’re not the guys PR person but when you come out game after game and start taking shots at people after  a disappointing result that ended your qualification by saying

“I hope everyone goes to hell and shuts there mouth”

Do you think nobody’s going to reply to that? What world are you from where you think everyone’s just gonna keep quiet. If he came out and even said I told you guys or anything else but the minute you tell guys to go to hell and shut there mouth there will be some backlash..

Edited by J1078
Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyway campaign is not over, let’s not be so dramatic. We move on to the next game with Kosovo and Sweden, needless to say if we win both those games, we won’t be in a bad spot. Sweden expected to lose from Spain and hopefully us too. We have to get our game together.
 

Pleasantly surprised with tzavellas performance today 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bardouuu said:

I don’t like bakakis  too much but I feel like he had a solid game before coming off.

 

that kid on the left wing for Georgia Is extremely talented. This is what we expected from Limnios, who has basically vanished in the last few games 😞

If you know their only real deanger is on the right  u put a right DM there much earlier and ask your RM to backtrack nonstop. Masouras should ve been put on the right. The line up today was perfect. JVS tactics were terrible.

  • Like it 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

another tournament over before it even got started. Lol

No way we even get 2nd now. And 2nd isn’t even a qualified spot. 2nd place has to play in a mini tournament for 3 spots. 
 

we suck. It’s over. The dark ages are really here. No European cup this summer and no World Cup next year. 

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, J1078 said:

Dude I’m pretty sure you’re not the guys PR person but when you come out game after game and start taking shots at people after  a disappointing result that ended your qualification by saying

“I hope everyone goes to hell and shuts there mouth”

Do you think nobody’s going to reply to that? What world are you from where you think everyone’s just gonna keep quiet. If he came out and even said I told you guys or anything else but the minute you tell guys to go to hell and shut there mouth there will be some backlash..

You re acting like a 12 year old. This is an anonymous forum. Ignoring someone over the internet is multiple times easier than real life. He is a kid compared to us. You re just commin in for a fight as well, you re just doing it more ύπουλα.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Rockafeller Skank said:

You re acting like a 12 year old. This is an anonymous forum. Ignoring someone over the internet is multiple times easier than real life. He is a kid compared to us. You re just commin in for a fight as well, you re just doing it more ύπουλα.

 

Like I said bro I respect everybody’s opinion we’re not all going to agree about certain aspects of the team, and lots of frustration takes over especially when we are all so fed up after of number of years without qualifications and seeing no progress in the team. Yeah it sucks so sometimes your blood boils but I’m over it.. let’s move on.. And Like I said I can argue with someone one minute and be cool with them the next I don’t hold grudges I’m not a “12 year old”

Edited by J1078
  • Like it 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Torontoblue said:

another tournament over before it even got started. Lol

No way we even get 2nd now. And 2nd isn’t even a qualified spot. 2nd place has to play in a mini tournament for 3 spots. 
 

we suck. It’s over. The dark ages are really here. No European cup this summer and no World Cup next year. 

Yup just like Team Canada losing to the USA in hockey 😆 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, J1078 said:

Like I said bro I respect everybody’s opinion we’re not all going to agree about certain aspects of the team, and lots of frustration takes over especially when we are all so fed up after of number of years without qualifications and seeing no progress in the team. Yeah it sucks so sometimes your blood boils but I’m over it.. let’s move on..

This time. There is only one person to blame. The lineup was splendid compared to what and who we have as country. The tactics we re s%$#!. JVS lost it on his own and im not negotiating it. His time is trully up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, J1078 said:

I agree it was not a good line up. He was at fault and it showed early in the game.

Nah the line up was the best possible. I disagree. Bouchalakis is a more offensive midfielder than the other one in the group, Siopis. We needed him. Fortounis was okay . Bakasetas is a good player but he cannot perform with the NT. Noone would perform better than him tho. Maybe Fortounis in the 10 and Baka on the wings would be better.

RB whoever u put was gonna be a yoyo of the opponents. CBs are the best he calls. LB The best we have , and the best player with Fortounis. CF is not much difference between the two. Pavlidis is better with the ball on his feet.

The lineup was good. The tactics and the whole "patient" approach of the match was the problem. That's why JVS takes the complete blame.

Link to post
Share on other sites

JVS went against what he was preaching about pressing as a team and trying to play high tempo, he fielded a line almost scared to give up a goal rather then go for the win and you could see it in the players, they were afraid to press, they were slow, it seems like the game plan was to watch George’s counter attack rather then play  there game. It was dreadful performance. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

This was obviously not a great performance for us.  Truth be told, Georgia has a good team.  Spain barely beat them and they needed an extra time goal.  It's one game, everyone needs to relax.  

Trolling after a loss, for a team we all love, in a forum that supports the team, is never cool.  We are fans of the ethniki and wish it the best.  The lineup needs some tweaks, we all know that. Bakasetas/Bakakis have no place in the 11.  Calling Giannoulis a championship RB is ridiculous.  He could have gone to better teams but chose a team that will be promoted to the Premier league and get game time.  Limnios should have done the same! Poor performance - yes.  Let's see what happens in Sept/October.

  • Like it 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It was a bad performance from Greece the old Greek teams would have locked up the win after that gift goal we got.  

Very disappointing dropping points to Georgia but they were far better today. We were sloppy in possession and lacked speed in attack. A lot of the “bigger” nations slipped up too again today Germany lost to the Skops and Ukraine tied Kazakstan 1-1 at home.
 

 

  • Like it 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Rockafeller Skank said:

Are you implying we re just asking too much of a team that "has ambitions on qualifying", when we expect them to be able to dominate a team in the power rankings of Georgia? This wasn't a Spain-Greece result draw. We weren't just unlucky. We weren't playing. JVS obviously giving the call to play calmly and never try to counter. On a team that has defenders of the Georgian League and 2nd tier spanish league? 

I'm not implying anything.

What I am saying is that when our country, our team, loses and loses a match we all expected to win, peoples moods will be adversely affected. The last thing anyone wants to see right at the last whistle is trash talking in a "i told you so" tone. Its pathetic.

I have no problem stating how poorly and flat Greece played today. We are all gutted. I'll never come in though and kick everyone while they're down....

  • Like it 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Brklyngrk said:

This was obviously not a great performance for us.  Truth be told, Georgia has a good team.  Spain barely beat them and they needed an extra time goal.  It's one game, everyone needs to relax.  

Trolling after a loss, for a team we all love, in a forum that supports the team, is never cool.  We are fans of the ethniki and wish it the best.  The lineup needs some tweaks, we all know that. Bakasetas/Bakakis have no place in the 11.  Calling Giannoulis a championship RB is ridiculous.  He could have gone to better teams but chose a team that will be promoted to the Premier league and get game time.  Limnios should have done the same! Poor performance - yes.  Let's see what happens in Sept/October.

Georgia are definitely better than their current rank indicates. They could have 7 points after their first 3 games.

JVS was timid in his approach today and we paid for it. He said after the draw today that since we tied Spain that we really are only one point behind were the team expected to be after two matches. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AEK RE GAMOTO said:

I'm not implying anything.

What I am saying is that when our country, our team, loses and loses a match we all expected to win, peoples moods will be adversely affected. The last thing anyone wants to see right at the last whistle is trash talking in a "i told you so" tone. Its pathetic.

I have no problem stating how poorly and flat Greece played today. We are all gutted. I'll never come in though and kick everyone while they're down....

100% right on 

  • Like it 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ellada2004 said:

Georgia are definitely better than their current rank indicates. They could have 7 points after their first 3 games.

JVS was timid in his approach today and we paid for it. He said after the draw today that since we tied Spain that we really are only one point behind were the team expected to be after two matches. 

That’s not the attitude I want to see from our coach. Seems a bit dismissive of the poor performance today. 
 

I do get the feeling he doesn’t really believe this team is capable of much.

 

regardless, he’s the best coach we’ve had since santos.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Bardouuu said:

That’s not the attitude I want to see from our coach. Seems a bit dismissive of the poor performance today. 
 

I do get the feeling he doesn’t really believe this team is capable of much.

 

regardless, he’s the best coach we’ve had since santos.

I only wish we had Santos still at the helm. He would have had us in the last   3 major tournaments. 

  • Like it 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, La Mendel said:

Giannoulis is a Championship player and we have a better defender in that position. This is again like starting Barkas over Vlachodimos in the past, or choosing Bakasetas as team captain and playmaker instead of Fortounis, or ejecting Manolas from the squad because of Svarnas and the likes.

Considering he is one of the best wing backs in the Championship I would say he is definitely Premiership standard. I wouldn't say many Championship defenders could do what he did against Benfica.

I am assuming the 'better' defender you are referring to is Tsimikas. He is indeed a good player but the fact is he isn't playing (not really his fault considering he is up against Robertson). Giannoulis will be in the Premiership next season and will be starting. Tsimikas will either be on the bench again or on loan in Turkey. By the way, if I have assumed wrong please tell me.

I agree with what you say about Barkas.

Bakasetas is not a captain and neither is Fortounis. The fact is that we will have to wait a long time before another character like Karagounis comes into the team.

Manolas is not good enough and neither is Svarnas. To be honest the fact that Svarnas is in the team shows how low the standard in the Greek NT is right now. I also have no idea how Bakakis is in the squad.

(I am going to assume you are an Olympiakos supporter :laugh:)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Torontoblue said:

another tournament over before it even got started. Lol

No way we even get 2nd now. And 2nd isn’t even a qualified spot. 2nd place has to play in a mini tournament for 3 spots. 
 

we suck. It’s over. The dark ages are really here. No European cup this summer and no World Cup next year. 

Be grateful that we had a fantastic 10 years of tournaments (2004-2014). Some people don't even see their country win a trophy in their lifetime.

The fact that we have not been able to build on the 2004 success is our own fault. That is what happens when you let toxic clubs like Olympiakos (I don't want to start an argument, but it is the truth) take over and have their players get call-ups just to increase their value. Of course it isn't just that - the whole mentality is wrong in Greece. We live in the past and celebrate 1-0 wins from 15 years ago on an annual basis. We read about PAO's 1-0 in the San Siro and PAOK's 1-1 draw at Highbury every single year. No wonder we can't grow - we are too busy wallowing in past victories.

  • Like it 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rockafeller Skank said:

Nah the line up was the best possible. I disagree. Bouchalakis is a more offensive midfielder than the other one in the group, Siopis. We needed him. Fortounis was okay . Bakasetas is a good player but he cannot perform with the NT. Noone would perform better than him tho. Maybe Fortounis in the 10 and Baka on the wings would be better.

Why would you put Bakasetas on the wing? The guy is a centre forward.

For some reason players on the NT are not played in their correct position. It is probably the reason why we can't string passes together.

  • Like it 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

JVS has got to stop bringing Bakasetas into the starting 11. He’s a decent player and has a good attitude but he can’t be starting as I and most off us have said here. Also our RB situation continues to be off huge concern. Mavrias came on and was completely exposed. I was expecting to see a lot better performance from Tzolis, I like his play of late. Today he should have finished that chance off early in the match. It would have taken the weight off the team and put Georgia in a position to open up more

  • Like it 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Athens4 said:

Be grateful that we had a fantastic 10 years of tournaments (2004-2014). Some people don't even see their country win a trophy in their lifetime.

The fact that we have not been able to build on the 2004 success is our own fault. That is what happens when you let toxic clubs like Olympiakos (I don't want to start an argument, but it is the truth) take over and have their players get call-ups just to increase their value. Of course it isn't just that - the whole mentality is wrong in Greece. We live in the past and celebrate 1-0 wins from 15 years ago on an annual basis. We read about PAO's 1-0 in the San Siro and PAOK's 1-1 draw at Highbury every single year. No wonder we can't grow - we are too busy wallowing in past victories.

True ask English fans like TO blue who haven’t even reached a final in decades lol..

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Lazarus unfeatured this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...