Phantis Forums

SL1-R26: Panathinaikos - PAOK (14-03-21, 19:00 EET)

Blackhawk

Missed the game but by the looks of it, I didn't really miss anything. I don't see us making Europe at this point. Surely Ivan must be asking questions of his staff now? The guy has invested millions only to have a mediocre side.

Just watched the highlights. What a shambles. Ingason doesn't even jump for the first goal.

Unfortunately I see Pablo being shown the door after the playoffs if we don't make Europe. In fact even if we somehow win the cup and come last in the Playoffs I don't see him being with us next season. A big shame as I, like most if not all PAOK fans, envisioned something completely different. All those years of dreaming for nothing. I guess that's why you should never create such scenarios in your head. 

I would still give him until December.

On 3/15/2021 at 12:44 AM, Nea Bafra said:

we are an average team with average players and an average coach. you can't expect excellence out of this

Being average isn't the issue, it's the amount of money we are spending to be average that's the problem.  AEK fans have accepted the fact that they will be fighting for 3-5th every year under Melissanidis, but at least they're not spending anywhere near what we are to be mediocre.

51 minutes ago, BostonThanatos said:

Being average isn't the issue, it's the amount of money we are spending to be average that's the problem.  AEK fans have accepted the fact that they will be fighting for 3-5th every year under Melissanidis, but at least they're not spending anywhere near what we are to be mediocre.

I think we finally agree on something.