Phantis Forums

EL-R16: Olympiacos - Arsenal ( 11 Mar. 2021, Stadio Giorgos Karaiskakis, Piraeus )

Omonoia9

Olympiakos 1-3 Arsenal    FT

We got outplayed, but if Sa played well, it'd be a 1-1 draw. Pretty much no chance in London like this

What a terrible last 10 minutes Olympiakos could have got out with a draw but lose 1-3. At 1-1 they would have had a great chance to go through. Arsenal are nothing special. The second goal was a push in the back on Gabriel. Typical UEFA mafia.  Sa had another of night but the team only played a solid 15 minutes in the second half. Arsenal gifted us a goal and we should have had another. Masouras should have given the ball to El arabi for an easy tap in. Very frustrating..

• Like it 2

5 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

Bummer! Just when I was hoping that Olympiacos was able (and going) to pull it off! In my opinion, the first goal was on Sa, the third on Olympiacos' defense - never closed in on Elneny.

For sure the first was a nice strike but saw should have punched it away. The 3rd no one close down Elneny way to much space.

• Like it 1

In press conference Martins said we dont change playing style for anyone or something to that effect. Today shows against better quality teams not practical defense was tragic didnt contest when we should and Sa has to stop balls coming right at him two hands not one..Masouras from what I have seem is not clinical finisher needs to improve or be benched, make the pass or at least finesse shot dont kill ball..Arsenal made woeful mistakes at back and we should have scored at least two. We needed Semedo baldy today.

• Like it 3

This was hard to watch. Semedo and Ba were extremely missed. Pity because the few times we pressed Arsenal they were shakier than the leaves of a tree in late September...we need another quality cb or two this summer.

Greek fans can be so fickle, reminds of a game I saw long a go in Karaiskaki, first hale Tzole makes a couple good plays, one fan (all game shouting, commentating louder than most, distinct voice: "bravo re paiktara, eisai gigantas...." second half he misses a change or two or makes a bad pass: "pe Tzole! ti einai afte reeeee eisai teleiwmenos, syko kai fyge!" From a God to Rubbish in minutes. Typical Greek soccer fan. I remember looking at Tzole, at this point he was with us 10-11 years or so, and the way that "fan" "was" tongue lashing him made my skin crawl. What an entitled ingrate.

3 hours ago, Tzatziki said:

Greek fans can be so fickle, reminds of a game I saw long a go in Karaiskaki, first hale Tzole makes a couple good plays, one fan (all game shouting, commentating louder than most, distinct voice: "bravo re paiktara, eisai gigantas...." second half he misses a change or two or makes a bad pass: "pe Tzole! ti einai afte reeeee eisai teleiwmenos, syko kai fyge!" From a God to Rubbish in minutes. Typical Greek soccer fan. I remember looking at Tzole, at this point he was with us 10-11 years or so, and the way that "fan" "was" tongue lashing him made my skin crawl. What an entitled ingrate.

So Masouras doesn't miss easy opportunities on regular basis? I'm not delusional fan that only seems good sorry..

On 3/13/2021 at 12:10 PM, jason said:

So Masouras doesn't miss easy opportunities on regular basis? I'm not delusional fan that only seems good sorry..

Nobody was talking to you or about Masouras, get over yourself.

20 hours ago, Molon Lave said:

If Roberto still plays for Olympiakos, he would have stopped those shots. Who agrees with me? 

Roberto was an incredible goalie, I really like Sa too I think he should have stopped the first goal. I think he is just fighting a confidence issue the last few games as was the case vs PSV. Anyways I hope Olympiakos come out strong tomorrow and pop in an early goal and that will unsettle Arsenal as they can be had at the back.