Phantis Forums

SL1 - R25: PAOK - Aris ( 07-03-21, 19:30 EET )

Blackhawk

2 hours ago, bluevertigo said:

We saved a draw. At the end. Poor. Disorganized, desperate, ungoverned. We know the limitations from current context, team squad and individual quality, but to be honest I think we are going nowhere with García.   

Again, I don't think he should have been given the job in the first place but now he is here we need to give him time. We can't keep changing managers every 4 months.

2 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

On the other had if Aris scored the 3rd goal on that big chance they had we would be talking about a disaster right now. That's the beauty of the game.

Allowing Dimitris Manos to score should automatically trigger a fine of two weeks wages.

1 hour ago, Athens4 said:

Again, I don't think he should have been given the job in the first place but now he is here we need to give him time. We can't keep changing managers every 4 months.

I understand that but if we do not change in antecipation to allow a good preparation of next season we could throwing away it. I think we should consider to go for a more effort on a credible manager (for at least 2,3 years), with a robust tatical's proposal and consistent operationalization, than in "hyped" or just superfluous players. It's impossible, but I would love to have Lucescu again.  Or rather, I would say that after he was Champion in Thessaloniki (2018-19), he "should" have followed one year more to finally reach Champions League.  

Edited by bluevertigo

Lucescu left because he was unable to acquire the players he wanted. These are probably still be out of reach due to the same  reason: FFP. Why would he come back now?

Edited by Nilaul

2 hours ago, Nilaul said:

Lucescu left because he was unable to acquire the players he wanted. These are probably still be out of reach due to the same  reason: FFP. Why would he come back now?

Yes, it's impossible now. And Lucescu seems to be targeted by Fener. If Castro leaves, perhaps his father's influence can helps him to be closer to Shakhtar. 

Is there any real promising alternative as a coach already managing in Greece?!  

Don't really want Lucescu back. Still don't like the way he left the team. We really need to give Garcia time to build his own team, just like we let Lucescu build his team.

43 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

Don't really want Lucescu back. Still don't like the way he left the team. We really need to give Garcia time to build his own team, just like we let Lucescu build his team.

People are afraid of endless coach changes. I understand that. But Abel was the same story. It was so obvious from the beginning that we was an inapt. Then he won Libertadores with Palmeiras, but that doesn't make him a real capable coach. He is a fraud. South America on autopilot with the support of better individual quality. 

Lucescu was the best we have in so many years. Tactically, style of play, proposal/strategy. And, it was so easy to find that even when he was at Xanthi. Limitations, context, but consistency, balance. 

There are always good or bad (tactical) signals. Even with only a few matches. 

In fact, I'm definetely not finding a potential good alternative. But it might have. I'm not seeing a promising horizon going with García.     

Edited by bluevertigo

End of the day what manager is out there that can make this current squad win the title ?  I don’t think even Lucescu could get within 10 points of the title.  The squad is lacking on all lines, defence, midfield, attack.  It’s not terrible by any means but even one weakness can be exposed and there are small weaknesses all over the place.  Lack of concentration in defence, lack of defensive cover in the middle, lack of transition from the middle, lack of creativity, lack of finishing.

I think this talk of replacing Garcia is ridiculous.  Replace him with who ?  Even Lucescu had a budget double what we have now.  The team is in a rebuild phase and is constrained financially.  I’m not sure much can be done - best we can hope for short term is Garcia produces a few players from the youth that form a core group of players.  But we don’t want them to be too good, ridiculous as that sounds - it’s already likely Tzolis is leaving at the end of the year.

For me Garcia needs another season. 

Also let Pablo make the summer transfer, sick of these Rebbe types making deals and sorting out their careers and f***ing paok in the process.

Let Garcia bring the players he needs to succeed we only need 4 quality players and we are ready to challenge

12 hours ago, Bananas said:

End of the day what manager is out there that can make this current squad win the title ?  I don’t think even Lucescu could get within 10 points of the title.  The squad is lacking on all lines, defence, midfield, attack.  It’s not terrible by any means but even one weakness can be exposed and there are small weaknesses all over the place.  Lack of concentration in defence, lack of defensive cover in the middle, lack of transition from the middle, lack of creativity, lack of finishing.

I think this talk of replacing Garcia is ridiculous.  Replace him with who ?  Even Lucescu had a budget double what we have now.  The team is in a rebuild phase and is constrained financially.  I’m not sure much can be done - best we can hope for short term is Garcia produces a few players from the youth that form a core group of players.  But we don’t want them to be too good, ridiculous as that sounds - it’s already likely Tzolis is leaving at the end of the year.

For me, it's not ridiculous. It's just question the current moment and the future. I think it's obvious that independently from what we have as a squad (individual quality) at the moment, we are seeing poor tatics, dynamic, adjustment and flexibility to adapt to players we have at the moment. But do you think we will have better quality next season? And onward? 

There should be viable options to consider as manager (Vítor Pereira? although with a high budget ; any greek or SuperLeague coach?)     

8 hours ago, PAOKSYD said:

For me Garcia needs another season. 

Also let Pablo make the summer transfer, sick of these Rebbe types making deals and sorting out their careers and f***ing paok in the process.

Let Garcia bring the players he needs to succeed we only need 4 quality players and we are ready to challenge

Can't see that on the horizon. Better individual quality will help but not solve a poor proposal and when we do not know how to go.

Edited by bluevertigo

• Blackhawk changed the title to Sl1 - R25: PAOK - Aris ( 07-03-21, 19:30 EET )
  • Blackhawk changed the title to SL1 - R25: PAOK - Aris ( 07-03-21, 19:30 EET )