Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - Summer 2021

Blackhawk

1 hour ago, PaokCT said:

Esiti I am keeping. We don’t have any other destroyer on the team. We need him against teams like Olympiakos who have those monsters in the middle. 

+1.  We definitely need him for certain games and opposition.  He has a place in the team.  Hopefully Lucescu can get more out of him.

2 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

Looks like a deal has been reached between PAOK and Norwich:

Selling price:   11 million
Bonus:  € 2.5 million (if Norwich remains in premier League)
Resale clause:   17.5%

Overall, that is very good deal.  Let's hope that it's true. 😀

Not a fan of this. We are unlikely to be picking up anyone good between now and season start. Despite how we perceive Tzolis drop off in performances there is no doubt he is in our starting XI and we've now weakened our squad. In all likelihood he wont be replaced at all. It is what it is though. We go again.

It's a good deal for everyone involved. Had we not let him go then he would have most certainly dropped off. As I said previously, Premier League football (best league in the world, club facilities, money, stadiums) is a dream for every player.

58 minutes ago, Athens4 said:

It's a good deal for everyone involved. Had we not let him go then he would have most certainly dropped off. As I said previously, Premier League football (best league in the world, club facilities, money, stadiums) is a dream for every player.

I don't disagree. Just trying to point out that this is the least optimal time for everyone involved. He won't play this week so if his direct competition has a good game it starts him off on the wrong foot. Fortunately for him he will be their record signing [pretty sure about this] so they will definitely want him in the side. He also has zero time to gel with his team and leaves us with a big hole to fill and noone to fill it. Unless this means we get Giovinco [please god no]

21 minutes ago, Nea Bafra said:

He won't play this week so if his direct competition has a good game it starts him off on the wrong foot. 

That is football. If he wants to become a great player he will need to be able to constantly be at the top of his game. Especially in England where a couple of bad performances will put you on the bench.

19 hours ago, PaokCT said:

The fact we are saving Tzolis to beat the mighty Bohemians is funny to me. Benfica, Bohemians, same thing …

You got your wish! Tzolis is flying out to complete the transfer, we've seen him for the final time in a PAOK shirt.  It's a shame he never got to play in-front of fans at Toumba. 

Wish the kid all the best, not sure England and the Premier League is the right move for him at this stage but he'll get plenty of development and hopefully plenty of game time. 

• Like it 1

Sadly this is our part in the food chain. We have some prospects and before they really blossom they are bought by the happy few. “To chrima ine theos” as Harry Klynn used to say. 

On the other hand: well done to our academy. They made us collect 20 mio in a few weeks time.

9 hours ago, Athens4 said:

That is football. If he wants to become a great player he will need to be able to constantly be at the top of his game. Especially in England where a couple of bad performances will put you on the bench.

Exactly. If he tries the same stunts that he used against PAOK to get his transfer he will not go far in Premier League or any other world class league for that matter. Let's see what he does. He does have talent and a lot of room for improvement.

What a saga this Giovinco transfer rumour has been! 

With only 20 days to go we need to sign 4 players! Will we do it, will they be of quality. 

Who else apart from Warda well be sold , loaned or released? 

So he was never a real target? It was all a loe to keep the paok fans at bay..... 

Alot of PAOK fans in Thessa are pissed at PAE Paok with this shambles of a squad that we have... 

The last 3 years have been a downward spiral for our team.

Fans will never understand that there is no money in Greek football. Savvidis' real motive is to buy up northern Greece. Owning a football club is an important component to doing this. It is all about power. PAOK is his side project. On the bright side at least we are in a better position financially than we were before his time.

Stop expecting PAOK to become a powerhouse of Europe. It isn't going to happen because it just isn't worth it for him financially (unless he is able to use transfers to do some of his laundry).

Apparently the 2 million monetary bonuses that Norwich will pay PAOK breaks down as follows:

- 200K Euro for each 45 minutes Tzolis plays up to 1 million Euro.

- 500K Euro if Tzolis plays 30% of official games and Norwich is not relegated from Premier League this season.

- 500K Euro if Tzolis plays 30% of official games and Norwich is not relegated from Premier League next season

• Like it 1

8 hours ago, PAOKSYD said:

Powerhouse. .... 

I just want PAOK to play in the Champions League we will never be a PSG or Bayern

So did I my good man. We all did. We had chance after chance and we blew it each time.

Make peace with the fact we will probably never play in the CL. I have and I feel much better.