Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - Summer 2021

Blackhawk

Apologies for breaking up the trail, however I just find it funny that after my previous post, SDNA comes out with this headline:

ΑΕΚ: Δύσκολη η συμφωνία με Νιμ για Ελίασον, κοιτάει παράλληλα κι αλλού

It is pretty much the same as what I wrote.

Back on topic, I too hope this is fake news.

That would be a fantastic deal for him. Works out to just under 12mm EUR. Considering Lucescu's comments before, I would not be surprised if would rather take the money and spend it on a 45-year-old.

Tzolis has been on a downward spiral ever since he signed with the Los Angeles based Wasserman Agency. The departure of Giannoulis also didn't help him. 

It appears that he has made up his mind and wants to leave the team. It would be in PAOK's best interests to get as much money for him right now. 

We are well and truly into the silly season with all these rumours flying around. 

If Tzolis is sold we will need to sign at least 2 wingers, with Warda on his way out. Seems like Biseswar will be given a chance to prove himself under Lucesecu which would mean we are maybe only in the market for one winger. 

1 hour ago, paokarag4 said:

We are well and truly into the silly season with all these rumours flying around. 

If Tzolis is sold we will need to sign at least 2 wingers, with Warda on his way out. Seems like Biseswar will be given a chance to prove himself under Lucesecu which would mean we are maybe only in the market for one winger. 

If Biseswar plays winger we are in trouble. He looked out of shape in the gold cup and doesn’t have a high work rate. The fact we are even entertaining giving him a chance is laughable. I’d rather play a u21 player there

Whatever beef Warda and Lucescu has, has to be solved. Its ridiculous to be kicking out Warda, he is one of our better players. Get rid of Biseswar. Warda was good under Garcia, obviously it has something to do with the relationship between him and Lucescu.

As for Tziolis, whatever small club sells with small club prices (lets admit it 12 million is nothing today). Small club mentality all the round, we got to keep players to build our squad and develop it . Sometimes players will have a dip in form at a young age. Its natural.
So unless we first sign somebody better then Tzioslis then we shouldn't sell him, unless we want to end up with a big f***ing hole in part of the team.

Signing up older players and giving chances to players that can't even take a shot without it being wide or have stamina (Biseswar) is ridiculous. 

Edited by Nilaul
  • Like it 1

14 minutes ago, PaokCT said:

He’s gonna go to a team in the champions league and do well and we are gonna wonder why we let him go. 

We know why he's being let go, he causes problems and plenty of them. Let's not act like the guy is a saint, he's caused problems for multiple managers now. You don't just keep a player on the team no matter what, being a successful team requires there to be a good team culture. 

Warda has had enough chances, wish him all the best but I'm team Lucescu/PAOK on this decision. 

Edited by paokarag4
  • Like it 1

1 hour ago, paokarag4 said:

We know why he's being let go, he causes problems and plenty of them. Let's not act like the guy is a saint, he's caused problems for multiple managers now. You don't just keep a player on the team no matter what, being a successful team requires there to be a good team culture. 

Warda has had enough chances, wish him all the best but I'm team Lucescu/PAOK on this decision. 

We are acting like this guy is a cancer to his teammates. His problems are with Lucescu and how Lucescu Didnt like him from day one. From my knowledge, his teammates don’t seem to have a problem with him. I see them interacting on social media. That’s fine if PAOK gets rid of him, but I wouldn’t say he causes a lot of problems. 

On another note, I saw a rumor that we enquired about Jack Wilshire. Of course the OSFP fans had a field day with that one. Don’t you love how any PAOK rumor on Twitter gets infested with red comments?

• Like it 1

2 hours ago, paokarag4 said:

Only Lucescu has had a problem with him, teammates seemingly do not. Neither did he seem to have problems in other Greek Teams. It is not team Paok's decision, it is Lucescu's call.  He could have played in Paok B if he would be happy with that (but lets admit it he is not going to accept that).

There's other players we should get rid off. Savidis should have a talk with the two and make them set aside their differences. Literally school boy level behaviour from both of them.

Edited by Nilaul
  • Like it 1

3 hours ago, Nilaul said:

Only Lucescu has had a problem with him

That's not true. He was kicked out by a Portuguese team that we loaned him to after he started bothering the wives of the other players. The Egyptian national team also kicked him out. Ferreira also did not want him on the team.

The reason he got along with some of the small teams was because they let him have a free range and let him start in order to satisfy his ego. Same thing with Garcia the second half of last season. As long as he started, he was fine. Now that we have a real coach such antics will not be tolerated. He had his 3 or 4 chances and each time he blew them. Time to part with him for good.

Listen I'm ok with Warda being kicked, but if you set a standard it's gotta be across the board. If you're a hotheaded sook that's unprofessional [Warda], if you're 10-15kgs overweight that's also unprofessional [Diego]. Be ruthless and show the rest of the squad it won't be tolerated. Now it looks like, if you're mates with the coach you can do as you please.

Also on this theory that Tzolis is cooked because he had a quiet second half of the season, do we really think that an 18 year old playing their first full season of senior football will have the same level of consistency from start to finish? Hell, my standard of football at the age of 43 is that of an obese 3 legged goat and yet I still manage to break that consistency and have a couple of decent games in there. Selling him now would be a mistake, there will still be some desperate relegation bound team that will pay over the odds in 6-12 months time. Let's see him in a more structured system like Lucescu's too.

• Like it 1

I would not sell right now. We have until end of the month to accept an offer.  Their second offer was for 9 mil plus bonuses. I would demand minimum 12/13 mil plus % of resale.