Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - Summer 2021

Blackhawk

And already in the Netherlands, it seems.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know how the logistics of players moving works out? Like, does the team have someone (or contract someone) to help the player find an actual home, show them around, etc? Or do they need to act like us mere mortals and figure it out themselves? I'm sure there are no shortage of English-speaking people who can help find apartments and so on, for example.

I don't recall his name but I could believe that being the case.

Lately a lot of buzz about Giovinco. As in, this fun character. Apparently Lucescu was asked about it after the game (and he declined to comment).

8 hours ago, pash said:

I don't recall his name but I could believe that being the case.

Lately a lot of buzz about Giovinco. As in, this fun character. Apparently Lucescu was asked about it after the game (and he declined to comment).

I would love him to come here. Think he can offer more than Kagawa in talking about has beenS 

I fully agree. Since Lucescu is also allergic to young people, if people like him and Kagawa become the core of the team and then rapidly decline, where will we be left?

3 hours ago, SydneyPAOK said:

Difference though is that Lucescu was Giovinco's manager at Al Hilal last season so knows exactly what he can bring to PAOK. 

Just cos you know you're buying a kourada doesn't make it less a kourada

Εδώ σας εχω. Έχοντας παρακολουθήσει 17 ολόκληρες καλοκαιρινές μεταγραφικές περιόδους, τα παιχνιδάκια των ΜΜΕ τα εχω μάθει απ'εξω. Σαβιόλα, Ντενίλσον, Γκούτι, Ροναλντίνιο - όλοι κλεισμένοι ήταν (και καλα).

Αρχές Ιουλίου: <<Τρελό>> σενάριο που συνδέει τον (insert name of 33+ year old has been) με τον (insert one of the big 4 Greek teams)

Μέσα Ιουλίου: Επαφές με τον (insert name of 33+ year old has been) ο/η (insert one of the big 4 Greek teams)!

Τέλη Ιουλίου: Έρχεται Αθήνα/Θεσσαλονίκη ο (insert name of 33+ year old has been)!

Επίσης τέλη Ιουλίου: <<Κόλλησε>> του (insert name of 33+ year old has been)

Αρχές Αυγούστου: Ζήτησε περισσότερο χρόνο ο (insert name of 33+ year old has been), κοιτάει άλλες λύσεις ο/η (insert one of the big 4 Greek teams)

Then finally it's make or break time:

Make 1: Ξάνα στο τραπέζι οι (insert one of the big 4 Greek teams) και (insert name of 33+ year old has been)!
Make 2: Είπε το <Ναι> ο (insert name of 33+ year old has been), αναμένεται αύριο στην Αθήνα/Θεσσαλονίκη για υπογραφές!

Break 1: Δυσκολεύει του (insert name of 33+ year old has been), στο κόλπο ομάδες απο Γερμανία, Αραβία, Μογγολία
Break 2: Χάλασε/Ναυάγησε του (insert name of 33+ year old has been)

^ And that is exactly how sports journalists in Greece sell their newspapers. Every summer. Keep the story alive even if it isn't.

• Like it 1

NFI why we are even trying to sign this guy.  He's 34 years old and he scored 1 (yes one) goal all of last season in the Saudi league.  1.2 million is laughable let alone 1.8 million.  I am seriously hoping it's all just fake news.

• Like it 2

5 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

Lucescu really wants him, but I think it's really a big risk. Surely we could find somebody younger and hungrier for the money he is demanding.

It’s risks like these that could be Lucescu’s undoing.  And I don’t want that because I really believe if he’s left alone and given an adequate budget he can win us another title.

18 minutes ago, PAOKSYD said:

Does anyone have a summary of our annual player salary budget since Savvidis took over, on a year on year total? 

That’s a @Blackhawkquestion.  I know in the year we won the title our wages were very roughly 15 million (not including tax which added another 40%) and our budget was comparable to Olympiacos (although there’s was still a bit higher).  Now the tax rate is in the twenties I think so that helps quite a lot.  We lowered our budget a lot in the last couple of years (FFP).

Edited by Bananas