Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - Summer 2021

Blackhawk

I know that age is becoming just a number in Football and players are seemingly heading into an era where they can play peak football to their 40's. But comon!
Why are we going nuts over Prijovic?  Even Swiderwski is showing more potential then him.

On 6/18/2021 at 10:20 PM, pash said:

Another few names I've been seeing these past two days. Neither would be particularly expensive. Not sure why we'd need another attacking mid considering we have Warda, Kagawa, El Kaddouri, and both of those young guys. And with those random guesses that Lucescu will want to play Zivkovic up the middle...

Deiola is a CM that played with Shakhov for a short time in Lecce.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/alessandro-deiola/profil/spieler/235931

Malli is an attacking midfielder currently playing for Trabzonspor.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/yunus-malli/profil/spieler/85352

I think our midfield is rather weak still. Kakagwa hasnt done anything. I dont think El Kaddouri is that great either. 

We are into Alessandro Deiola from Cagliari, a 25 year old, 190cm tall central midfielder. We have offered 1 million, Cagliari want 2-2.5 million. For the moment we aren't budging on what we've offered. 

It is worth noting that Deiola only has 1 year left to run on his contract and he is represented by infamous player agent Mino Raiola. 

It sounds like Sassuolo may be involved in a player swap to get him. Doesn't seem like much of a loss to me.

Bologna may be back in the picture as far as Swiderski goes. Last I heard he was likely to start again for Poland so fingers crossed he scores a few goals and the price goes up.

8 hours ago, Athens4 said:

They only way we are getting him for €1m is if we take on another player as a favour to Raiola.

We already did him a favor by re-signing El Kaddouri although it was not announced yet. 

I'm kind of taking what he said at face value - I am not keen on a person saying he wants to go somewhere else, ending up here. But whatever, I won't be mad if we do get him.

1 hour ago, Blackhawk said:

Apparently Brugge turned down and offer from Sparta Prague to purchase Krmencik. There is still hope he might come to PAOK.

Why do I get the feeling Tzolis will be playing in Belgium next year?

You think PAOK made the deal with Brugge a while back? Brugge gets Tzolis in return for Krmencik and a specified amount of cash? That might be one explanation for the performance drop by Tzolis in the second part of last season.

The number of rumors/fake news is astonishing these days. I would not believe 95% of them.

In any case Taylor will probably be announced on July 1 considering he is already in Thessaloniki and brought his gaming console with him.

I expect at least 2 more signings before the teams leaves for Holland.

In other real news as per pash's post PAOK officially announced the contract extension of El Kaddouri for 2+1 seasons at approximately 650K per season. He will be automatically renewed for 3rd year if he play 50% of the games in the second year of the contract.

I think 650k is a pretty fair price for him. And I think the 50% threshold is also quite reasonable (I don't think he'll reach that, personally).

-edit- Also, if we manage to complete most of our signings before they abscond to the land of tulips and windmills...what does that say about the effectiveness of our past technical directors? Perhaps some jobs are better left un-filled!

Edited by pash

Oliveria deal is apparently very close. 2+1 year contract at 900K per season. He demanded 1.1 mil. If we really sign Oliveira that it's a sign that we never planned on making an offer for Krmencik.

In the meantime rumors surfaced today that Slavia and Brugge agreed on Krmencik sale worth 2.5 mil. Not sure where those rumors originated, but I only read them on Greek sites. In today's interview on Czech sites Slavia's coach said that he would like Krmencik and that there are talks with Brugge, but that Slavia's options are limited. He added that they are keeping the Krmencik option open in case one of their current striker leaves, which is a possibility.