Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - Summer 2021

Blackhawk

I actually think Limnios could make a killer fullback or wing back assuming of course he was willing to put his ego aside and play the role.  He’s not a real winger.  He has some good attacking instincts and gets up and down the line well though.  I guess we’ll see in the coming weeks if this is real or not.  Expect truck loads of rubbish stories in the mean time.  Journalists gotta write.

You're right, it could be nothing. I hope so! I like the kid well enough but I'm glad we moved on.

But I will still say there's nothing worse than hearing "he's not a real ___" - this is the popular thing you effete footballistas say to sound all intellectual-like. I'm not falling for it! He's 100% a winger, damn it!

I don't want Limnios back. Would say the same for my favorite player Biseswar, but we are stuck with his contract so I reluctantly welcome him back.

In other rumors/fake news, Oliveira was offered to PAOK. No, not the one that played for us during our championship season. It's the wanna be Oliveira that was set free by AEX. 

Krmencik's fate won't be finilezed until the end of the EURO in my opinion. Articles like that could just be maneuvers to influence negotiations among interested parties.

Read Krmencik's interview on Czech site iDnes.cz this morning.

- in it he is clearly saying that he and his wife want to return to Czech Republic

- he said he does not want to go back to Brugge

- he said he is in talks with both Slavia and Sparta but Brugge is not accepting their offers (loan)

- he said he enjoyed his 6 month in Thessaloniki and that PAOK fans are great

- he said that PAOK did not approach him or Brugge about him staying in Thessaloniki

I think the link pash posted above originating from the Belgian sources (and spread by the Greek copy cats)  appears to be a clear attempt by Brugge to make either Slavia or Sparta to come to their own terms and are using PAOK as leverage.

Someone else is probably running the transfers for now, not sure who though. As long as Lucescu has approved this signing then it should be no problem. 

Lucas Taylor played plenty of football last season in Ukraine, it was his first full season in Europe so hard to get a gauge on him. In saying that, we all remember the last Brazilian right-back we signed from a club in the Ukraine and how well that went!

Didn't realize he was a free agent at month-end. This would be a low-risk signing.

Anyway, here is a vid. Not bad.

Just now, paokarag4 said:

Don't you know you left and right re pash?

You're the one who's living upside down!

Everyone is saying this is done deal. Considering he is coming from the Ukrainian league I have to assume Lucescu's father has played a role in this deal.

Not sure what to expect. Maybe they are just hoping he surprises us all.  Hearing that we are going for a RB and considering we already have Rodrigo on the squad I would expect to be hearing about a player of Matos caliber (or better).

• Like it 1

May be a done deal with El Kaddouri: https://inpaok.com/690139/eipe-to-nai-o-omar/

Reports that Tuchel plans to cut Baba as well, though that is not assured (neither are we definitely going to be able to retain him, considering his likely salary expectations). Best case for us would probably be if Chelsea keeps him but loans back under the same terms.

The El Kaddouri deal is for 2+1 years worth approximately 700K per season, which is about 300K pay cut. It automatically renews for 3rd season if he reaches 50% appearance in the second year of his contract. Pretty good deal for PAOK if you ask me.

That's quite possible as he will be almost 33 years old by the 3rd year of the contract.

As for Baba, like pash suggests, another loan is probably our best bet to have him for next season. if Chelsea cuts him I am sure somebody will snatch him real quick.

Another few names I've been seeing these past two days. Neither would be particularly expensive. Not sure why we'd need another attacking mid considering we have Warda, Kagawa, El Kaddouri, and both of those young guys. And with those random guesses that Lucescu will want to play Zivkovic up the middle...

Deiola is a CM that played with Shakhov for a short time in Lecce.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/alessandro-deiola/profil/spieler/235931

Malli is an attacking midfielder currently playing for Trabzonspor.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/yunus-malli/profil/spieler/85352