Phantis Forums

SL1 - R24: Asteras Tripolis - PAOK (27-02-21, 19:30 EET)

Blackhawk

3 hours ago, PaokCT said:

Lucesco will be the head coach come conference league qualifiers. The question is will Garcia stay on as assistant?

He won't stay on as assistant. If he is serious about his coaching career he will move to another team.

It's embarrassing how for years we cried out for Garcia to take over the reigns, so much so that all the PAOK journalists consistently organised witch-hunts if any manager lost or drew a game. Whenever we won a game it would be about the players and whenever we lost it was all about creating an atmosphere around the manager.

Santos, Stevens, Aggelos, Tudor, Ivic, Lucescu, Fereira - all of them had to put up with the clowns that call themselves journalists (we all know who the PAOK ones are). These same clowns were ones who have been linking the manager's position to Garcia for years in order to get clicks. Now I noticed that even they are starting to turn on him. I have said it before and I will say it again - when we finally rid ourselves of these 'journalists' we will be able to grow.

For the time being we need to put our trust in Garcia. I am sick and tired of managerial changes and people wanting overnight success. It seems no matter what, these days all we want are instant results. You see it in football, you see it in fitness and we are even seeing it now in trading with crypto-currency and stocks. People think they can invest $50 today and become millionaires tomorrow and if they don't then they will sell and sulk. It is absolutely pathetic. 

Edited by Athens4
  • Like it 1

3 hours ago, Athens4 said:

He won't stay on as assistant. If he is serious about his coaching career he will move to another team.

It's embarrassing how for years we cried out for Garcia to take over the reigns, so much so that all the PAOK journalists consistently organised witch-hunts if any manager lost or drew a game. Whenever we won a game it would be about the players and whenever we lost it was all about creating an atmosphere around the manager.

Santos, Stevens, Aggelos, Tudor, Ivic, Lucescu, Fereira - all of them had to put up with the clowns that call themselves journalists (we all know who the PAOK ones are). These same clowns were ones who have been linking the manager's position to Garcia for years in order to get clicks. Now I noticed that even they are starting to turn on him. I have said it before and I will say it again - when we finally rid ourselves of these 'journalists' we will be able to grow.

For the time being we need to put our trust in Garcia. I am sick and tired of managerial changes and people wanting overnight success. It seems no matter what, these days all we want are instant results. You see it in football, you see it in fitness and we are even seeing it now in trading with crypto-currency and stocks. People think they can invest $50 today and become millionaires tomorrow and if they don't then they will sell and sulk. It is absolutely pathetic. 

I get what you’re saying. But hear me out, we aren’t investing $50 and expecting to be millionaires. We aren’t starting at low expectations. We just won the league a few years ago, and we came so close to CL play this year. We EXPECT better. If we secure a European spot I am fine with keeping Garcia and building. But if we lose our European spot , then I see no other option

The $50 was just symbolic. My point is that nobody has patience these days.

Indeed we won the double, however our manager left the day before the season started and some key players have also departed. As much as it pains us to say it - we have to rebuild. 

We are in the rebuilding process which started at the beginning of this season. Going back to Lucescu who basically deserted the team would be a step backward.

since we decided to go with Garcia we need to stick with him and let him create his own team (part of rebuilding). Garcia should be evaluated at the end of the 2021-2022 season.

• Like it 1

I’m sorry but I think a season with no Europe will put us so far behind that Garcia should be judged. We are not asking him to win the league. Just to remain in Europe. If he brings us to being the 5th best team in this league, he should be gone. 

On 3/1/2021 at 6:39 PM, Blackhawk said:

We are in the rebuilding process which started at the beginning of this season. Going back to Lucescu who basically deserted the team would be a step backward.

since we decided to go with Garcia we need to stick with him and let him create his own team (part of rebuilding). Garcia should be evaluated at the end of the 2021-2022 season.

Deserted the team?! In which sense?

Garcia did not prepare and start the season from the beginning but there are always some good/bad tactical signals despite what the coach has in his hands. Honestly I'm not seeing that with Garcia. Too much discontinuity, inaptitude to create invasion, too much spaces conceded in defensive transition. Obviously better individual quality will help, but globally I have many doubts in Garcia's proposal. 

• Blackhawk changed the title to Sl1 - R24: Asteras Tripolis - PAOK (27-02-21, 19:30 Eet)
  • Blackhawk changed the title to SL1 - R24: Asteras Tripolis - PAOK (27-02-21, 19:30 EET)