Phantis Forums

2022 WCQ: Spain - Greece (25 Mar. 2021 - Nuevo Estadio de Los Cármenes, Granada)

Euro04Kings

22 hours ago, Euro04Kings said:

Ive now watched this game again and have been celebrating since the result. A lot of us including me were critical of the XI but everyone played for the shirt today and gave max effort in playing their role. Tzavellas and Papadopoulos were the experience needed and Tsimikas played great. Bakakis also played well and you really cant fault him as that Morata run was just perfect. Lets hope we continue the great results. Bakasettas actually had some really important clearences in the box and I have to concede JVS knew what he was doing. Limnios got way too cute out there trying to show up Ramos but hes the only player i wasent thrilled with. All smiles for Greels today on an important day for us.

"Tzavellas was [anything] we needed" - and apparently it is true LOL

Would anyone have believed this if somebody would have said that after the reinclusion of Tzavellas in the squad? 🙂

Edited by La Mendel
  • Like it 1

1 hour ago, Rockafeller Skank said:

Havent seen the NT play so shitte since 2008 i ve been a consistent follower but goddamn we got the point and that's all what we should care for. This puts pressure to Sweden to have to beat us or have better goal difference than us. No way the Spanish , in the middle of the groupstage, drop another point. Another positive : Sweden winning by 1 goal only.

The defence mechanism of the team was unreal, but realisticlly we didn't play football. We played [don't-let-the-opponent-play-football]ball. [My italics - LM]

Tsimikas - Tziolis Left Flank can look competitive with open spaces.

That is a way of playing football. A lot of teams play like that.

1 hour ago, La Mendel said:

This seems to have been a good defensive performance, given that Spain apparently didnt have many chances. (I couldnt watch the game, I saw the highlights on Youtube.)

Was Bakasetas really horrible? His penalty kick was much better than his attempt against Kosovo.

Defensively the team looked solid like under Otto and Santos. Bakasetas was hustling but he couldn’t hold the ball up and lost possession to cheaply.

Will take the point. Before the game I said if we get any points of Spain it would be a huge bonus.

• Thanks 1

Bakakis was the worst player in the field alongside Bakasetas. An 18 year old made him look amateur on his Spain NT debut. Every time the Boy on the Left Wing position had the ball he ended up making a cross / kept it long enough to give a pass back / won a corner from Bakakis or Kyriakos who would come to help Bakakis. Anyone saying he played well really watched another match. Tsimikas Tzavellas were 100% efficient.  Kyriakos close but that no-reason try of his to tackle when they were on the counter really could have ended up in a goal againt us. I assume his idea was μπάλα or πόδια but the attacker ( don't remember who ) clearly managed to save both.

I am not really in the mood of discussing about if we played good or not or even if we playd at all. The maximum passes we could do , even at the defence line, was 2. Maybe we did 3 at some point.

Bouchalakis has been so underrated all this time or did his maturity make him such a box-to-box defending and attacking machine? I expect Georgians to be shocked by his ability to smart pass. His teammates at Olympiakos definately have been shocked and never expect them.

12 hours ago, Rockafeller Skank said:

Bakakis was the worst player in the field alongside Bakasetas. An 18 year old made him look amateur on his Spain NT debut. Every time the Boy on the Left Wing position had the ball he ended up making a cross / kept it long enough to give a pass back / won a corner from Bakakis or Kyriakos who would come to help Bakakis.

Wait ... you’re talking about Pedri, right? One of the best young talents in the world. Who starts at Barcelona at age 18 and is worth $77 million? You’re mad Bakakis, who doesn’t have 1/8th of Pedri’s talent got beat a couple times? Did Pedri have any shots on targets?

• Like it 1

1 minute ago, PaokCT said:

Wait ... you’re talking about Pedri, right? One of the best young talents in the world. Who starts at Barcelona at age 18 and is worth $77 million? You’re mad Bakakis, who doesn’t have 1/8th of Pedri’s talent got beat a couple times? Did Pedri have any shots on targets?

I think he’s talking about Bryan 

• Like it 1

Bakakis hasn't been solid defensively vs anyon in the Greek League and vs anyone the NT has faced under his spell being our starter RB. Why would u be mad.

I was talking about Bryan Gil/ Hil whatever he was called. First time in the NT and Bakakis made it look like he was Ronaldo. A kid playing for Elche (bottom tier team) with 3 goals and 3 assists in 22 games this year. Indeed Bryan is not 17-18 but that emo-scene hair and the fact that he was debutting for Spain made me think he s another youth talent.

When I said that Baldock is as bad defensively as Bakakis, I really underrestimated George Baldock.

Edited by Rockafeller Skank

• Lazarus unfeatured this topic