Phantis Forums

2022 WCQ: Spain - Greece (25 Mar. 2021 - Nuevo Estadio de Los Cármenes, Granada)

Euro04Kings

Incredible defensive performance. Annoyed with Limnios for killing two promising attacks in the first half. The first one he tried to do too much on his own against Ramos, with the easiest pass to Mantalos running down the middle of the box. Mantalos would've had a clear shot against the keeper. 

Still super proud of the guys, and hopefully Tzolis gets the start over Limnios moving forward.

• Like it 2

1 minute ago, J1078 said:

Unbelievable result for Greece.  I didn't like how JVS started the line up but he made the Great adjustments after the first goal was conceded. Bravo boys this draw against a BIG team like Spain is absolutely HUGE for the boys.

Definitely. The 2nd half changes were all great! Good adjustments! We kept hustling and rarely got caught out of position. Tzimikas & Zeca were incredible especially.

• Like it 1

Tsimikas played great, I think he tired at the end. First full game.  Tziolis changed the left side, he is fast and tried to get forward.  Bakasetas played terrible, managed to ruin every forward run we had.  Limnios hasn't played and it showed.  Siopis/Tzavellas/Bakakis - not going to lie, didn't play bad.  Kyriakos still has it, made some really nice clearances.  Fortounis/Giakoumakis should have started.  

And our defense played really great, they scored 1 and maybe had 1 or two more real chances.  That's it. 

• Like it 2

Ποιος Μάνταλος και ποιος Σιώπης τώρα, δεν μετράνε αυτοί οι παίκτες. Ο Τζόλης πολύ αδύναμος.

Μπράβο πάντως στα παιδιά για το αποτέλεσμα.

3 minutes ago, Molon Lave said:

Sweden won the other group 1-0 over Georgia
I think Greece can handle the Swedes, they didn't impress me much. 

I saw Georgia was staying with Sweden for most of the game.

11 minutes ago, FrappeFetish said:

Incredible defensive performance. Annoyed with Limnios for killing two promising attacks in the first half. The first one he tried to do too much on his own against Ramos, with the easiest pass to Mantalos running down the middle of the box. Mantalos would've had a clear shot against the keeper. 

Still super proud of the guys, and hopefully Tzolis gets the start over Limnios moving forward.

For sure said the same about Limnios. He could have laid the ball off there.

I was annoyed with Bakasetas but he made up for it with the penalty. 

That’s a huge point to get in Spain!

5 minutes ago, Ellada2004 said:

Also gotta say Tzavellas was solid. K Paps big match back in the Ethniki.

Really everyone did well! Not only that but we were putting our bodies on the line. Non stop running. Also it wasn’t like they dominated us in front of goal. They had the goal, the shot that hit the crossbar, and like one weak header. Possession means nothing if you don’t score

• Like it 3

57 minutes ago, PaokCT said:

Hope you bet your house on this

Lol. Not even a single shot and a goal which came off as a fluke. 

Hope you'll be there once your darlings manage to drop points against Kosovo and Georgia.

Just now, PaokCT said:

Really everyone did well! Not only that but we were putting our bodies on the line. Non stop running. Also it wasn’t like they dominated us in front of goal. They had the goal, the shot that hit the crossbar, and like one weak header. Possession means nothing if you don’t score

Definitely all of them were fantastic. They ran there arses off. That’s a team loaded with offensive weapons and we stifled them. I think if we defend like that vs Sweden they will have trouble with us.

• Like it 1

32 minutes ago, Boxou said:

Hope you'll be there once your darlings manage to drop points against Kosovo and Georgia.

This team just pulled one of their best results in the last five years and you’re still speaking s%$#! You know we don’t have the quality whoever we put in there to hang with Spain. I was pissed off with the starting lineup as well but you can’t even give the f***ing guys credit for hustling nonstop all game and they didn’t fold after they let the first goal in.. Spain only had about 2 or 3 shots on net..

Edited by J1078
  • Like it 3

I wasn’t happy about the starting line up at all, but I will say most of the guys hustled there asses off and once the changes were made we played better, the guys put in a fantastic defensive effort, yes of course we were only going to get one or two chances against Spain that was obvious, but for those saying it was a fluke Penalty maybe it was but the boys put themselves in the right position to get that call. Some of you clowns have to really man up and just give the team credit when they pull off a stunning result rather than looking at who we play next and automatically assuming we’re going to drop points. I swear some of your clowns are absolutely happy when the Team loses so you can come on here and bitch. Like if anyone can’t be happy about this result then you really are not a fan of the NT and I don’t know why you waste your time on these forums.

The guys backed each other up when Spain would beat one of our players they were immediately faced with another blue jersey in there face. Even Bakakis played well, Siopis is like a little bulldog out there really hustles, Tzolis showed he’s worth a starting spot, Bakasetas had a bad game but at least he capitalized on the penalty. There were a few guys that didn’t do so great but the rest of the guys were there to pick them up and I think it was a fantastic team effort today.

Edited by J1078
  • Like it 3
  • Thanks 1

Same here - no one was crazy about the line up but results matter.  We may not have any real opportunities, but they only had two or three.  One was the crossbar (which by the way, was a shot taken from outside the box), the  goal they scored, and the one where they couldn't connect.  Remember, they beat Germany 6-0.  

• Like it 2

3 minutes ago, Brklyngrk said:

Same here - no one was crazy about the line up but results matter.  We may not have any real opportunities, but they only had two or three.  One was the crossbar (which by the way, was a shot taken from outside the box), the  goal they scored, and the one where they couldn't connect.  Remember, they beat Germany 6-0.  

I agree and if vlacho came out and challenged I don’t think the Spanish player would have had time to control the ball and score. Regardless I’m thrilled with this result  and to be honest I was Expecting Spain to put three behind us when I saw the starting line up.

• Like it 1

32 minutes ago, Boxou said:

Clown post. Be happy tonifht drink some Ouzo

• Like it 5

37 minutes ago, Boxou said:

It wasn’t pretty but Greece got a draw in Spain where they usually man handle other teams like they did vs Germany 6 nil in Nations league and last World Cup qualifying they dominated Italy to the tune of 3-0. 

Now on to Georgia were I’m sure JVS will field a more attacking lineup but man we just got a result in Spain so CHEER up! ELLAS ELLAS!!

• Like it 1

16 minutes ago, J1078 said:

I agree and if vlacho came out and challenged I don’t think the Spanish player would have had time to control the ball and score. Regardless I’m thrilled with this result  and to be honest I was Expecting Spain to put three behind us when I saw the starting line up.

25 minutes ago, J1078 said:

I wasn’t happy about the starting line up at all, but I will say most of the guys hustled there asses off and once the changes were made we played better, the guys put in a fantastic defensive effort, yes of course we were only going to get one or two chances against Spain that was obvious, but for those saying it was a fluke Penalty maybe it was but the boys put themselves in the right position to get that call. Some of you clowns have to really man up and just give the team credit when they pull off a stunning result rather than looking at who we play next and automatically assuming we’re going to drop points. I swear some of your clowns are absolutely happy when the Team loses so you can come on here and bitch. Like if anyone can’t be happy about this result then you really are not a fan of the NT and I don’t know why you waste your time on these forums.

The guys backed each other up when Spain would beat one of our players they were immediately faced with another blue jersey in there face. Even Bakakis played well, Siopis is like a little bulldog out there really hustles, Tzolis showed he’s worth a starting spot, Bakasetas had a bad game but at least he capitalized on the penalty. There were a few guys that didn’t do so great but the rest of the guys were there to pick them up and I think it was a fantastic team effort today.

Well said I think they are xeni! 😆 To bad gals we just tied in Spain! Your USA or Canada would have ate 7 goals lol

• Haha 1

I don't know why anybody would celebrate with what they saw today. Yes, Greece did get a tie, but they are a pitiful team. Nothing to like, nothing to root for. Greece needs a LOT of work just to start resembling a competent team.  Εθνική Κωλοπετινίτσας would be the right term to assess this performance.

• Lazarus unfeatured this topic