Phantis Forums

2022 WCQ: Spain - Greece (25 Mar. 2021 - Nuevo Estadio de Los Cármenes, Granada)

Euro04Kings

Looking at our group, this might be the toughest group for us, Kosovo and Georgia are must wins and we can’t afford to drop ONE single point to them under any circumstances or we have no chance at all. Sweden and Spain will each gain maximum points from both those teams.. For us sometimes those teams become challenging for us hopefully this is not the case.. We also need to find a way to get at least one point in the 2 games we play against Spain as I think Sweden are very capable of pulling Out a draw with them..

For Greece to have a chance for 2nd here are the MINIMUM points we need from each team to even have a shot and then some help from Spain to beat Sweden twice.

kosovo - 6 points 

Georgia -6 points 

Sweden - 2 Points -(2 draws minimum)

Spain - 1 Point 

Thoughts?

• Like it 1

3 hours ago, J1078 said:

Looking at our group, this might be the toughest group for us, Kosovo and Georgia are must wins and we can’t afford to drop ONE single point to them under any circumstances or we have no chance at all. Sweden and Spain will each gain maximum points from both those teams.. For us sometimes those teams become challenging for us hopefully this is not the case.. We also need to find a way to get at least one point in the 2 games we play against Spain as I think Sweden are very capable of pulling Out a draw with them..

For Greece to have a chance for 2nd here are the MINIMUM points we need from each team to even have a shot and then some help from Spain to beat Sweden twice.

kosovo - 6 points 

Georgia -6 points 

Sweden - 2 Points -(2 draws minimum)

Spain - 1 Point 

Thoughts?

I do not think its the toughest group, landing in the group with Italy and Switzerland would have been a disaster and the France and Ukraine group would have been tough. For second place and the chance at a playoffs the group with Germany might have been better for us as we would need to best Romania, Skops, Armenia and Liectenstein for second.

For this group Greece need FULL points from Kosovo and Georgia for sure. Against the Swedes is where it will be decided I am thinking 4 points. If Greece can pick up a point vs Spain it will be a huge bonus and I think playing them first might help us as they to have some injuries and maybe they wont be 100% focused for us off the start. I see Spain being more up for playing vs Sweden and will want to get full points and knock them out from having any chance to qualify. Spain's manager said they are really tired of being grouped with Sweden in recent qualification campaigns and they are also grouped together at the Euros.

• Like it 1

On 3/22/2021 at 4:11 PM, Jimmyp said:

You think losing hatzidakos is even as losing Ramos? Wanna buy a bridge? Lol

Haha deff not man. Im just saying even it out in terms of both teams missing guys....spains got backups for their backups who would prob start for us.

• Like it 3

Exciting to be only a few days out from the start of another qualifying campaign! 

I think Tzolis must start, he proved for PAOK in Europe how damaging he can be on the counter. Give him space at your peril, he's got pace to burn, has a lethal right boot and gets into dangerous scoring positions.

He will provide a headache for the Spanish going the other way, whether or not JVS trusts him to start a game like this is another issue.  

Also interested to see what JVS does at center back, early reports are saying Tzavellas will start and the other spot is between Kyriakos/Mavropanos. Does he go with Kyriakos who is the most talented CB in the squad but it's been well documented what injuries have done to his career. Despite the fact that he plays for the bottom side in Croatia I think he is still capable of a big performance. Or will he go with the younger and uncapped Mavropanos who has finally got his body right and is playing regular first team football in the Bundesliga. 

• Like it 2

19 hours ago, Rockafeller Skank said:

I woke up with a hunch that the back 4 will be Tsimikas - Mavropanos - Kyriakos - Bakakis

if they re 5 we ll probably have to endure Svarnas in there as well.

My Ethniki patriotic friend, you also woke up with a supermodel and I know because I saw yoos through the blinds with a telescope. Ha, so there!

A great statistical Twitter account called weglobalfootball who does statistical projections wrote this preview about our group

Spain: In our eyes, Spain is the overwhelming favorite to win the group at 90.5%. We don’t have them missing the playoffs in any scenario as a Nations League group winner. Spain missing out on Qatar 2022 would be a total shock.

Sweden: A distant 2nd. We only give Sweden a 6.7% chance to win the group, but they do have a 51.3% chance to finish 2nd and reach the playoffs.

Kosovo: A 1.7% chance to win the group and a 16.9% chance to reach the playoffs. Kosovo is going to have a difficult time in this tough group.

Georgia: Only a 0.4% chance to win the group and a 12.6% chance to reach the playoffs.

Greece: A 0.7% chance to win the group and a 10.8% chance to reach the playoffs. We think these bottom three teams are on fairly level footing.

31 minutes ago, PaokCT said:

A great statistical Twitter account called weglobalfootball who does statistical projections wrote this preview about our group

Spain: In our eyes, Spain is the overwhelming favorite to win the group at 90.5%. We don’t have them missing the playoffs in any scenario as a Nations League group winner. Spain missing out on Qatar 2022 would be a total shock.

Sweden: A distant 2nd. We only give Sweden a 6.7% chance to win the group, but they do have a 51.3% chance to finish 2nd and reach the playoffs.

Kosovo: A 1.7% chance to win the group and a 16.9% chance to reach the playoffs. Kosovo is going to have a difficult time in this tough group.

Georgia: Only a 0.4% chance to win the group and a 12.6% chance to reach the playoffs.

Greece: A 0.7% chance to win the group and a 10.8% chance to reach the playoffs. We think these bottom three teams are on fairly level footing.

Wow they even have Kosovo ahead of Greece.. How do they have Georgia ahead of Greece to get 2nd? so they are pretty much saying Greece will finish last in this group? 

2 hours ago, J1078 said:

Wow they even have Kosovo ahead of Greece.. How do they have Georgia ahead of Greece to get 2nd? so they are pretty much saying Greece will finish last in this group? 

That’s what it looks like... usually their percentages are right on. I hope they’re wrong with this one obviously. I think they simulate using numbers the group fixtures thousands of times and Base numbers off that

49 minutes ago, PaokCT said:

That’s what it looks like... usually their percentages are right on. I hope they’re wrong with this one obviously. I think they simulate using numbers the group fixtures thousands of times and Base numbers off that

I’ve watched a bunch of predictions and most are saying Spain will come in first and Sweden will come in 2nd with Greece right behind them in 3rd, some are saying it will be between Greece and Sweden for 2nd but this is the first time I heard Georgia and Kosovo ahead of Greece. But i guess they have a formula they use.

4 hours ago, J1078 said:

I’ve watched a bunch of predictions and most are saying Spain will come in first and Sweden will come in 2nd with Greece right behind them in 3rd, some are saying it will be between Greece and Sweden for 2nd but this is the first time I heard Georgia and Kosovo ahead of Greece. But i guess they have a formula they use.

No way we will finish behind Kosovo or Georgia. It will be a close finish for 2nd place with Sweden..

• Like it 1

Do not know if you are aware of the fact that there is no VAR in the WC qualifiers. And no goalline-technology. 

Saw some bad mistakes already today by the refs in Turkey-The Netherlands and France-Ukraine.

Hope it won't have a negative effect on us tomorrow.

• Like it 1

16 minutes ago, Dutch Eagle said:

Do not know if you are aware of the fact that there is no VAR in the WC qualifiers. And no goalline-technology. 

Saw some bad mistakes already today by the refs in Turkey-The Netherlands and France-Ukraine.

Hope it won't have a negative effect on us tomorrow.

I watched the Holland game they should have had goal counted and a penalty in the first half. The commentator said that some games will have goal line technology and VAR like the Turkey vs Latvia match.

42 minutes ago, nick said:

Anyone have any idea how to watch the game in Canada? Uefa app doesn’t show the game. 

I've been looking all week where to watch the game here in Canada and can't find anything. 

3 hours ago, Jimmyp said:

Greece will be in 2nd when it’s done. They will get 3 from Spain 4 from Sweden. 4 from Kosovo and 6 from Georgia 

Ya I do not see it on UEFA TVs listings.. How about ESPN?

Ο Τζον Φαν’τ Σχιπ κατέληξε στην ενδεκάδα με την οποία η Εθνική Ελλάδας θα αντιμετωπίσει την Ισπανία απόψε (21:45, Open TV, CosmoteSport1).

Ο Ολλανδός προπονητής θα παρατάξει την Ελλάδα κόντρα στην Ισπανία με τον Βλαχοδήμο κάτω από τα γκολπόστ. Μπακάκης, Παπαδόπουλος, Τζαβέλλας και Τσιμίκας θα είναι η τετράδα της άμυνας από τα δεξιά προς τα αριστερά.

Στα χαφ θα πάρουν φανέλα βασικού οι Ζέκα και Μπουχαλάκης και μπροστά τους θα τοποθετηθεί

ο Μάνταλος. Στα άκρα θα τοποθετηθούν οι Λημνιός και Μασούρας, με τον Μπακασέτα να είναι το «ψευτοεννιάρι» στην κορυφή της επίθεσης.

just utterly gutted. It’s our national Independence Day and the m#$%! puts out this starting 11 like wtf how dumb can u be!!!!! Giakoumamis the most inform striker in Europe currently and fortunis our true captain and best offensive creator on the bench for bakasetas who is the worse player to play for the ethniki since tziolis like the wtf. Just gutted u have the young tziolis fortunis and giakoumakis on the bench just pathetic I feel so sorry for rest of the starting 11 who will now have to put up double the effort. Will cheer on the team regardless but right now a tie or just keeping it close will need a miracle.

• Lazarus unfeatured this topic