Phantis Forums

SL1-R19: Olympiakos Piraeus - PAOK (27-Jan-21, 19:30 EET)

Blackhawk

I missed the first half, however managed to start watching the second. I am absolutely disgusted by the display. This is not a team playing for each other.

Ingason needs to be benched. Although Rodrigo was marking El Arabi with his eyes for the first goal, Ingason should have cleared the ball instead of trying to beat Fortounis for speed. The second goal is just a joke. Our defence is a mess and I am deeply concerned that Pablo cannot see that.

1 minute ago, Athens4 said:

I turned it off after the second goal. 3-0 is just embarrassing.

How is it they can find someone like El Arabi for free yet we pay €3m for a Croat who cannot seem to score in a brothel?

Our scouts are trash and the managers we work with only care about f***ing us over long term.

Edited by Nilaul

Garcia was outcoached today. The first 30 minutes was perfect game by PAOK, but there was no way we could have kept the same intensity for the whole game. We needed to come up with some goals in that first 30 minutes, because after that Olympiakos just took over and we started making silly mistakes which was certain they would take advantage off.

37 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

The mistake was by Tzolis who lost the ball initially. I think Ingason deflected the ball and fooled Zivkovic.

The fact that an 18 year old makes mistakes is normal. I do not blame him. The fact that he is our best and/or decisive player by far worries me.

The older more experienced  players should be the key players. But they fail. Except Warda. He looks rejuvinated.

Warda was not good today. The difference today was the superior Olympiakos midfield compared to ours, and the fact that they scored the first goal. Then we opened up, which was icing on the cake for Olympiakos.

Agreed. Tzolis so far is our MVP for the season and Warda has been very good since he returned. 

After today the point difference is to big to talk about the title. We need to focus now on the cup and finishing as high in the table as possible. We are now in 4th place with Panathinaikos just 2 points behind. We need to finish 2nd place or 3rd at worst so we can at least get the 1 million bonus from NOVA.

I think the score flatters them. 

They deserved the win, but we were not that bad overall. 

Ignasson was terrible, our bench does not have any players to help and once again the left back space cost us a match. 

The mistake for me Garcia made was having tziolis spend the whole first half on the right side and Zivkovic on the left. Tziolis is dangerous on the left and gets lost on the right. 

Zivkovic is out of form , nowhere near as dangerous last few months as start of season.

But as someone mentioned above we wasted momey on Colak and they have ElArabi who is all the difference.

The score is little bit misleading. We actually had more attempts on goal then they did. The difference is theirs went in and ours didn't. And when you make such tragic mistakes as Rodrigo did on the first goal, the rest is history.

I agree that playing Tzolis on the right was a mistake. I think the reason for Garcia doing this is that Zivkovic has become way too predictable and the opponents have figured him out. That's why he has not been very effective for a while. Garcia is trying to get around this by switching Zivkovic out with Tzolis. This hasn't really worked out though.

Additional mistake I think is Rodrigo as LB and Vierinha as RB.

My thinking was that Rodrigo as LB was meant to exploit some perceived weakness in the opposing winger, but I have no idea if that is the case. I suppose it could also have just followed from the switch in our wingers. Who knows though.

Agreed that Zivkovic is kind of one dimensional. Moves like Mak but plays like old Stoch. Once he gets shut down, we are weaker (though as I think you once said, their efforts to shut him down should leave our other players more free to attack).

15 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

The score is little bit misleading. We actually had more attempts on goal then they did. The difference is theirs went in and ours didn't. And when you make such tragic mistakes as Rodrigo did on the first goal, the rest is history.

Although Rodrigo was in Nomansland, had Ingason just cleared the ball instead trying to beat Fortounis for pace that goal would have been avoided. The who defence needs a shake up.