Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - Winter 2020

pash

7 seems unreasonable in this climate. Some rumors say the suitors may offer up to 5/5.5...I'd take an offer for 4 with 25% resale, personally. Get the funds in the account to reload next season (particularly if the team has truly found its next Prijovic in Krmencik, who we do not have a buy out clause on).

7 minutes ago, pash said:

7 seems unreasonable in this climate. Some rumors say the suitors may offer up to 5/5.5...I'd take an offer for 4 with 25% resale, personally. Get the funds in the account to reload next season (particularly if the team has truly found its next Prijovic in Krmencik, who we do not have a buy out clause on).

His no Prijovic untill he gets more shots on target, against a more skilful opponent his going to need to convert that chance to a goal. No point in having 10 shots and only getting one of them in.

Edited by Nilaul

We are being linked to Christian Oliva, a 24 year old Uruguayan defensive midfielder who currently plays for Cagliari.

We apparently want him on an 18 month loan, Cagliari want to sell. Probably won't end up happening but his profile seems to fit the type of midfielder we need. 

I tend to agree with the majority in here, I'm not thrilled about the Kagawa signing. Yes he's a big name and has played at big clubs throughout his career but he's now 31 and hasn't had a club for 4 months and his last stint was in the Spanish 2nd division.

We've seen how players like this coming in the twilight of their career tends to go, Berbatov, Khacheridi and Wernbloom. I hope he is able to recapture some of his past form and prove to be a real difference maker for us moving forward but I'm skeptical. 

As silly as it sounds from marketing point of view this might be hugely beneficial to us financially. Asia is football mad and Kagawa is one of Japan's biggest stars, him coming might open up a whole new market to PAOK. 

It does appear Bradonjic is on his way from Bosnia, his former team have announced the transfer. Does that mean Lamprou is in line for another loan move? Not sure if that's allowed under FIFA transfer rules (I think you can do 3 clubs in one year now) but assuming we get these 2 guys we are gonna have an overload of wingers/attacking mids. Zivkovic, Tzolis, Warda ain't going anywhere and Murg will stay as well. That leaves Lamprou as the odd one out. 

Guys. My opinion is usually not a popular ome in here. As i tend to have a more greek ideology on things and the rest of you seen to think more American style. In saying that I am super pumped about the Kagawa signing for the following reasons. 

1) He will provide support in midfield as we are definately lacking in this area. And i would rather have Kagawa starting next to Elkhadourri or next to Schwabb then Esiti! 

2) He can also play as a #10 and we can move Warda to the wing

3) He age & experiance will be a great help to the young squad we have! 

4) For me signings like this make it easier in future transfer windows to sign players. As Greek football does not have a 5 star rating in terms of football circles bringing in these types of players does make it easier to sign future players who are 50/50 on moving to Thessa & Greece. 

5) If he doesnt work out ah well. Whats the difference between esiti, jaba, colak etc! This strategy has done wonders for Olympiacos so a few ready to go players is never a bad thing and 31-32 is alot different to 34-36. 

6) Veirinhia is doing wonders for the team so experiance is needed in our squad! 

• Like it 1

Also over the weekend there was a report that Matos wants to return back to PAOK and has asked Ivan Savvidis to facilitate his return. As much as I like him as a player, this back and forth is becoming tiresome.

It is a complete waste of time and money bringing in these players on loan. It would be so much better if Garcia or Rebbe came out and explained that the rest of this season (and possibly next) is a write off. Make a team. If Lucescu did it surely someone else can do it too.

Also whoever gave the green light on our Summer signings needs to be shown the door.

• Like it 1

Apparently PAOK has set the starting point of discussion about Tzolis at 15 mil + 20% resale.

In other transfer news, Rahman is coming to Thessaloniki tomorrow for medical tests and completing the loan from Chelsea.

Kaiserispor was interested in Colak but now they are looking at other players as well, so we might be out of luck.