Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - Winter 2020

pash

Standard Liège might be the next station for Colak. They want him on loan without a buy option. 

We are lucky that the rules have changed this season. Last year it would not be possible to play for three clubs in one season a.k.a make two transfers or loan-deals in one season. 

Giannoulis linked with Norwich for around €8m apparently. Considering all we have to play for is second place and the cup (combined with the fact that Norwich are top of the Championship and pushing for promotion), I wouldn't be surprised if this went through.

Looks like the Giannoulis sale is a done deal. Norwich wanted to loan him for 500K for the rest of the season with a 7.5 mil purchase option if they get promoted to Premier League. PAOK is demanded an outright sale. Apparently the two teams worked out their differences. Looks like Sunday's game will be Giannoulis's last game for PAOK. At the same time PAOK is looking for LB with Stafylidis and Ferrari of Volos as replacements.

In other Fake/real news and rumors:

- Augusto does not have the flu as reported. He's playing sick after asking the team that he wants to move to another team. Reports are that he wants to join Ferreira in Palmeiras.

- Esiti's loan to Turkey is still apparently on and being worked on

- We are still shopping Colak around, but looks like nobody is biting.

- Apparently the team received a 4 mil offer for Swiderski, but I place this rumor way beyond Trump's Fake News definition

Paok selling like a poor team again.

Selling before a viable replacement. Let's make our defense even more tripia. Also we not just selling a defender we are selling a partial driving force in our attack.

Good management.

Which is not bad of a deal at all considering the current situation. PAOK did not have much leverage shopping the player. The bad thing is that Giannoulis did not want to cooperate with the team so we could get a better deal when he refused to extend his contract last summer. That's Paul Koutsioliakos for you. He pulled the same stunt with Pelkas. I guess PAOK management will never learn to stay away from this agent. he screwed us on several occasions.

Also it was also evident that the player did not want to be on the team anymore considering his performance in the last few games. That's why getting 8.5 mil is not such a bad deal, and is fairly close to the buyout clause in his contract (10 mil).

After Prijovic it will be our best sale in history.

The problem with 8 million is that 8 million isn't what it used to be. A player that is worth 8 mill went for a million 6 years ago internationally. Greek teams are stuck in that era. 

I guess FFP and Koutsioliakos really screwed us over.

Edited by Nilaul

We cannot seem to move up the ladder!! Since we won the league all downhill for us. 

No Europe 

FFP issues, so were losing money as a club 

Team is no good

Only shining lights for me is the youth prospects! 

2 hours ago, PAOKSYD said:

We cannot seem to move up the ladder!! Since we won the league all downhill for us. 

No Europe 

FFP issues, so were losing money as a club 

Team is no good

Only shining lights for me is the youth prospects! 

The problem is that we aren't really giving our Greek youth a chance. They are just sent out on loan. Take a look at Giannoulis' record and you will see he had 4 loan spells. It should be max two. 

By the way, I am not sure why we are panicking about a replacement. Surely Pereira will step into this position otherwise why did we buy him?

I see at as a great opportunity for both the player and us. He can go and play in England while we get the cash and allow one of our summer transfers to become a starter.

Yeah I'm not worried about that position. Pereira is fine.

Also, I don't understand why anyone here thinks 8mm is not enough for Giannoulis. Are you kidding? That's VERY generous for him IMO

This chump is rumored to be on our list. You may remember him from like a week ago, when we last played NFC Volos.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/franco-ferrari/profil/spieler/540466

Meanwhile, Giannoulis is on his way to say goodbye to his teammates and then heading off to Ye Olde England. Seeing all sorts of minor differences between price, most recently that the fee is 1mm EUR + 7.5 if they are promoted (which seems likely), plus we retain 20% of his rights (resale). Very good deal IMO.

From what I've read it's a mandatory purchase IF they win promotion, with him returning to PAOK if they don't make it. That's assuming they don't try to buy him for that price regardless (I don't know how financially viable that is).

Do not agree with A4. Tzolis, Michailidis and Tsiggaras. Played in important games even. 

And I agree with the philosofy off loans to a lower level in order to pedigree. If this is no succes sell them like we did with the likes of Diamantis and Balogiannis. Michailidis might follow this road. Started well. And is maybe not at that level we want PAOKtzides to be.

The 1 mil is for the 6 month loan and 7.5 mil + 20% resale if they buy him in the summer. Do we know for sure that the purchase is specifically dependent on Norwich getting promoted to Premier League, or will they need to renegotiate a new deal with PAOK if they don't. I am saying that because there is rumor that if Norwich does not buy him in the summer, Giannoulis automatically extends his contract with PAOK until June 2023.

In other news the lamogio Toskitsis reports at Sportime.gr that Michailidis will move out from PAOK the same way (loan + purchase option) later this month.