Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - Winter 2020

pash

It's the mooost wonderful tiiiiime, of the yeaaaarrrr!!!

Yes, that's right, winter transfers! This year, the window opens in the first days of January for most leagues (https://www.transfermarkt.us/transfer-statistik/transferfenster/statistik/stat/art/w/option/0/kontinent_id/6/plus/1), closing on or around February 1st.

To start:

• Jaba - apparently looking for a team in Brazil, but everything about his situation is confirmed and then denied multiple times a week. So who knows?
  • Biseswar - still linked with Saudis, and may be more willing to leave on a "high note" now that he seems less and less capable of competing with us
  • Rey - some indication that teams in Argentina want him. I would not be surprised if we give him away for free (or on loan until the end of his contract)
  • Pashalakis - reportedly willing to get loaned out, but unclear who can pay him (or offer enough playing time to make things worth it) - personally I don't see the point of ditching him and then immediately hiring another guy, but I guess that's why I'm not the TD

Expect teams to bid for Giannoulis, who very notably has not signed an extension with us. Tzolis has also apparently piqued the interest of some unnamed teams in Italy, but I very much doubt an offer will come through this winter.

If Jaba wants to leave so badly, let him bring an offer that matches or comes close to the 5 mil investment that PAOK made on him. If not let him rot on the bench and report him to FIFA.

Biseswar I believe is history. The sooner we unload him the better. It was a big mistake to give him a 3-year contract extension. Too bad, i liked the guy when he actually played.

We should just  let Rey go. No reason keeping  him just to be the 4th goalie on the squad. Overall the goaltender situation needs to be resolved and streamlined.

I see Zivkovic being sold before Giannoulis.

I'd be fine with Zivkovic being sold as well, for sure. I like both of our GKs, but it doesn't make sense to me that we'd let one rot like that. Too much money being spent for a position that very rarely has turnover.

• 2 weeks later...

Pash been sleeping on this topic we've been linked with plenty of players! 

I've heard rumours coming out of Tripoli that we've agreed a fee for Kotsiras, the Asteras right back. Yet to see it reported by a reputable source though. 

Also apparently we are interested in Douvikas from Volos, who has been a stand-out so far this season. He's 21 and has 5 goals and 2 assists so far this season.  

Douvikas link

No point in a new centre forward when your team cant set up goal scoring opportunities for them. Even if we had Lewandowski he would be forced to play as midfielder here because our team doesn't create useable chances.

A defensive midfielder is not what we need. We need a better creative attacking midfielder to drive the attack forward and create useable goal scoring opportunities. 

Rumour has it that we are looking at atleast 4 additions: A back, an extreme, a centre midfielder (a "10") and a attacker.

It seems the Warda links were anything but fake, he is on his way back..... Tragic, even if he comes good it's just poor management to keep bringing someone back who has burnt us so many times in the past. By the same token he has never been given a full season at PAOK, again poor management. 

We are also apparently very close to signing his Volos teammate Douvikas and loaning him straight back to them for the rest of the season. While the search for a starting striker goes on. 

Warda signed 1.5 year contract with PAOK. Hopefully he can concentrate on playing the game. If he does that he will be helpful addition to the team. However I do have the feeling that once again this will not end well.

In other news, apparently we will get Douvikas in the summer of 2021. Supposedly part of the deal is that we loan Lambrou to Volos.