Phantis Forums

Qatar 2022 World Cup Qualifying

J1078

I figured with the world cup qualifying draw tomorrow I would start a new thread like in some of the other forums. The Draw takes place tomorrow Monday Dec 7th at 12pm est.

Pot 1: Belgium, France, England, Portugal, Spain, Italy, Croatia, Denmark, Germany, Netherlands
Pot 2: Switzerland, Wales, Poland, Sweden, Austria, Ukraine, Serbia, Turkey, Slovakia, Romania
Pot 3: Russia, Ireland, Czech Republic, Norway, Northern Ireland, Iceland, Scotland, Greece, Finland
Pot 4: Bosnia and Herzegovina, Slovenia, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Albania, Bulgaria, Israel, Belarus, Georgia, Luxemburg
Pot 5: Armenia, Cyprus, Faroe Islands, Azerbaijan, Estonia, Kosovo, Kazakhstan, Lithuania, Latvia, Andorra
Pot 6: Malta, Moldova, Liechtenstein, Gibraltar, San Marino 

• Like it 1

I think the best hope is to have a France or another top pot 1 team so then all we have to do is focus on 2nd place. Those teams won’t drop points against anyone else. I’d rather us be in a battle for 2nd with one other team rather than a battle with four teams for spots 1 and 2. 

If that makes sense!

• Like it 2

8 hours ago, PaokCT said:

I think the best hope is to have a France or another top pot 1 team so then all we have to do is focus on 2nd place. Those teams won’t drop points against anyone else. I’d rather us be in a battle for 2nd with one other team rather than a battle with four teams for spots 1 and 2. 

If that makes sense!

I was thinking of that scenario as well. Maybe Greece can pick up a result as we did vs Belgium last WCUP qualifying and hope that one of these powerhouse teams just wins all there games vs the other teams in the group. 
I would feel more comfortable drawing Denmark or Croatia from POT 1. 

The most important team for us will come out of pot 2.. Chances are who ever comes out of the first pot will take the group so having a weaker team in group 2 is key for us.. Also let’s hope we don’t draw Bosnia again out of pot 4.

39 minutes ago, J1078 said:

The most important team for us will come out of pot 2.. Chances are who ever comes out of the first pot will take the group so having a weaker team in group 2 is key for us.. Also let’s hope we don’t draw Bosnia again out of pot 4.

Good point I don’t want Switzerland at all or Ukraine. Bosnia are on the decline with an aging Dzeko and a back line that is in shambles. I wouldn’t fear them at all. Bosnia don’t want Greece they’ve only beaten Greece one time. 

• Dutch Eagle changed the title to Qatar 2022 World Cup Qualifying