Phantis Forums

2022 FIFA World Cup Qatar

Dutch Eagle

I thought there was a topic for this but maybe this was deleted somehow.

Monday December 7th is the preliminary draw for the next World Cup. Greece is in pot 3.

The draw starts at 19:00 EET but normally there will be a lot of chit chat and some dance and music before they really start drawing Oceania first and finishing with Europe.

For Europe: 

Pot 1: Belgium,France, England, Portugal, Spain, Italy, Croatia, Denmark, Germany and the Netherlands *)

Pot 2: Switzerland, Wales, Poland, Sweden, Austria, Ukraine, Serbia, Turkey, Slovakia and Romania

Pot 3: Russia, Hungary, Republic of Ireland, Czech Republic, Norway, Northern Ireland, Iceland, Scotland, Greece and Finland

Pot 4: Bosnia and Herzegovina, Slovenia, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Albania, Bulgaria, Israel, Belarus, Georgia and Luxembourg

Pot 5: Armenia, Cyprus, Faroe Islands, Azerbaijan, Estonia, Kosovo, Kazakhstan, Lithuania, Latvia and Andorra

Pot 6: Malta, Moldova, Liechtenstein, Gibraltar and San Marino

*) Belgium, France, Spain and Italy will be drawn in a group of 5 countries as the have to play the Nations League Finals. 

• 1 year later...

Poland have been given a default win over Russia in their playoff game. That is completely unfair for Sweden & the  Czech Republic. FIFA should have gave Slovakia the chance to play Poland as they finished behind Russia in the group. Or one of the other 3rd place teams in the other qualifying groups a playoff spot. Poland getting a free ride to Path B final is ridiculous. 

• Like it 1

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Brklyngrk said:

Italy lost 0-1 to North Macedonia. They had 32 shots, compared to 4 for North Macedonia.  Anything can happen.

Watched it, Italy outplayed them badly. Veratti was amazing all over the field. Italy could not finish one goal and they hit them in stoppage time. Hopefully Portugal put away there chances!

• Like it 2

• 8 months later...

The group stage of the World Cup ends today. Spain and Portugal decided not to give it their all in their last group games, which pretty much eliminated Uruguay and Germany from the competition. Let's hope both get eliminated in the Round of 16 as punishment.

The Round of 16 matchups:

Holland - USA
Argentina - Australia
France - Poland
England - Senegal
Japan - Croatia
Brazil - Korea Republic
Moroco - Spain
Portugal - Switzerland

On 12/2/2022 at 1:43 PM, Blackhawk said:

The group stage of the World Cup ends today. Spain and Portugal decided not to give it their all in their last group games, which pretty much eliminated Uruguay and Germany from the competition. Let's hope both get eliminated in the Round of 16 as punishment.

The Round of 16 matchups:

Holland - USA
Argentina - Australia
France - Poland
England - Senegal
Japan - Croatia
Brazil - Korea Republic
Moroco - Spain
Portugal - Switzerland

Well Spain did. Lol
but Portugal flying on all cylinders. I can see portugal reaching the finals and winning it. 
they looked awesome against the Swiss. It was like watch the Brazilian team. Portugal looked better. 

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Alphonse said:

France v Argentina final

First time I am really neutral on the result, prob bit more on the Arg side of things but ehh I hope its an ok game, I think France will win

It was the most entertaining final ever. France were dominated until Mbappe turned it on scored the pk and then that wonder volley. Extra time more goals with Messi and then Mbappe pen. Martinez saved Argentina right at the end of extra time with that great save to send it to pens. 

Too bad such a great game was decided on penalty kicks. Great comeback for France in 2nd half and could have won it at the end of extra time with that great chance. Once it went to PK's I knew Argentina would win. 

• Lazarus unfeatured this topic