Phantis Forums

George Baldock - Sheffeld United

skinny

Is it official now? I dont understand why the thread was made today. 

Guy is as good as Bakakis is defensively. Mediocre to bad, but his offensive duties are like the ones of our wingers. 

Huge addition in the defence. Hoping to see Manolas Siovas and why not Sokratis back in the team too, or at least some of em.

• Like it 1

35 minutes ago, Boxou said:

been calling it for months but from what i remember people claimed he's not any better than Michalis fcking Bakakis and i stopped arguing with them.

Really? I can't say I've ever seen anyone on these forums state he wouldn't be a welcome addition. Maybe one or two but the majority want him to get his citizenship. 

I hope this gets done sooner rather than later and he's eligible to play when the WC qualifiers kick off in March. Right back is one of our problem areas and someone who has been a starter in the Premier League for the last season and a half would absolutely be an upgrade on anyone we have atm. 

Edited by paokarag4
  • Like it 1

Just now, paokarag4 said:

Really? I can't say I've ever seen anyone on these forums state he wouldn't be a welcome addition. Maybe one or two but for the majority went him to get his citizenship. 

I

he ain't good defensively. plays in a team that goes for 3-5-2 / 3-4-3. 

Honestly I would kill to see a backline of 5 with Tsimikas and Giannoulis both on the Left Wing and Baldock Limnios on the Right.

Just now, paokarag4 said:

Really? I can't say I've ever seen anyone on these forums state he wouldn't be a welcome addition. Maybe one or two but for the majority went him to get his citizenship. 

I

i think the debate was on the suggested call ups thread, i stated plenty of times that since we got no RB at a decent level, he would be a huge addition to us and all i was getting in response is that he ain't better than Bakakis and that he ain't "pure Greek" therefore he shouldn't play for the Nt.

1 minute ago, Rockafeller Skank said:

he ain't good defensively. plays in a team that goes for 3-5-2 / 3-4-3. 

Honestly I would kill to see a backline of 5 with Tsimikas and Giannoulis both on the Left Wing and Baldock Limnios on the Right.

i'd take him at a heartbeat even if he worse than Fortounis in defending. we've seen defensive master Bakakis who can't hasn't hit a cross since 2017.

17 minutes ago, Rockafeller Skank said:

Is it official now? I dont understand why the thread was made today. 

Guy is as good as Bakakis is defensively. Mediocre to bad, but his offensive duties are like the ones of our wingers. 

Huge addition in the defence. Hoping to see Manolas Siovas and why not Sokratis back in the team too, or at least some of em.

We got Svarnas/Tzavellas/Michailidis/Lambropoulos instead of them.

• Haha 1

The "pure Greek" argument I find ridiculous, National Teams all over the world have players who aren't ethnically from that country or who are immigrants themselves. Don't see why Greece, given we have such a small talent pool to select from wouldn't be extending their reach and trying to pick up a few players who are eligible to play @Boxou

• Dutch Eagle changed the title to George Baldock - Sheffeld United
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
9 hours ago, Dutch Eagle said:

Now he really is entitled to have his own topic as he has four caps for the Ethiniki after the Nation League matches last June.

Hopefully he keeps up the good performances. Looks like the NT finally found a solution at RB.