Phantis Forums

Christos Tzolis

skinny

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

According to CIES Tzolis is ranked #13 of all players born in 2002.

BTW, on #2 there is a Swiss player of Greek descent: Leonidas Stergiou of St. Gallen.

In Belgian media it is stated that Club Brugge would be ready to give 15 mil + Krmencik almost for free to sign Tzolis. They raised the offer as they want him as soon as possible as the list of contenders to sign him is growing day by day. PAOK wants 20 mil apperantly. Transfermarkt rates the value of Krmencik at 4 mil. I think that is to high. But if they raise it to 17,5 mil + Krmencik it could be a done deal soon. If I was in power I would take that + the kid one year loaned to us for free, to mature even more (only possible if we qualify for ECL).

Agreed that 4mm is a bit high for Krmencik but I bet there's an automatic premium given to players in that league that we wouldn't see in Greece (or in the Czech Republic). I think if we had 4 million to spend on a guy, that we could do better than Krmecik...but 17mm + him still seems MORE than fair if we value him at like 2mm.

Buying him at 50% of their buy out clause feels, to me, like we're still purchasing him at his full worth. So IMO the best representation of his worth is ultimately the cash we receive.

Brugge is missing one big point. Does Tzolis really want to play in the Belgian league? I think not. His eyes are set on Premier League or Bundesliga. This is where he will end up. The big offers will start rolling in June/July.

That is an excellent point. Brugge is a decent team playing in a second tier league. They know if they want him, they have to aggressively push for him right here and now, but Tzolis is probably scrolling through social media seeing all these much sexier names linked to him...

1 hour ago, pash said:

That is an excellent point. Brugge is a decent team playing in a second tier league. They know if they want him, they have to aggressively push for him right here and now, but Tzolis is probably scrolling through social media seeing all these much sexier names linked to him...

The bonus in going to Brugge for Tzolis is that in two years when he transfers out it will be for 50M not 20M and whoever buys will automatically put him in the starting XI. If we keep him for two years he's still probably only going to get transferred for 25M and sit on a bench.

As wrong as that is, transfers are a bit of a perception game with media, fans, etc.

Then he had better hope his agent puts him straight, for his own sake! As far as PAOK is concerned, though, they should still be maximizing their profit on him. When he's 33-34 he can come back for a last hurrah (and for a first time playing in front of our fans).

Also worth noting here that in all the hysteria that if the numbers thrown around for the Brugge transfer are true then it would more than double that club's transfer fee record. Not sure how liquid their finances are but it would be mind boggling if it came true.

4 hours ago, Nea Bafra said:

The bonus in going to Brugge for Tzolis is that in two years when he transfers out it will be for 50M not 20M and whoever buys will automatically put him in the starting XI. If we keep him for two years he's still probably only going to get transferred for 25M and sit on a bench.

As wrong as that is, transfers are a bit of a perception game with media, fans, etc.

Agree and to add to what you're saying, although Brugge may not be a glamorous move they are a team who consistently plays in Europe (played in the Champions league the last 3 seasons) and you would think he'd go there and be a starter. He only just turned 19 if his trajectory keeps trending upwards, he gets his "big" transfer at 21-22 and has plenty of football left in one of the big leagues. 

I understand why he might want to go to Germany (England is a big no no at this stage IMO) but I don't think Brugge would necessarily be a bad career move. 

From a PAOK point of view 15 mil + Krmencik (on a free, none of this reduced price crap) sounds like a good deal, if the club think they can get more $ out of a potential sale then great go for it, they obviously have a better feel of the market than we do. 

Just want to note that there is a LOT of daylight between Krmencik for free and Krmencik at half price. Club can't be blind to that. Perhaps, though, the rumors mean they retain 50% of his resale (so so no money changes hands, similar to what we do with the kids we ship out to Slovakia)? Still rough.