Phantis Forums

EL-GS-R5: Omonia - PAOK (03-Dec-20, 22:00 EEST)

Blackhawk

44 minutes ago, PaokCT said:

And still our big signing striker rots on the bench. 

Because that's where he belongs. He has not shown that he has a spot on this team. And that is saying a lot.

• Like it 1

There were coaching mistakes made in the last two European games.  Let's face it. This is all new to Garcia. He doesn't even have a coaching license yet. He will need time to learn the ropes in the man's game. Coaching 19 year old kids is different think than coaching a senior squad with senior players and their egos.

I have no doubt he will be successful in the end, but it will take time. And since we are in a rebuilding stage, he will need to continue what Ferreira and Rebbe started, which is make the team younger. We cleaned the roster quite a bit in the summer, but there is still some work left.  

Woah woah woah! 

I was too upset to come on today. 

Yet I decided to see what my fellow Paok brother had to say about the lose & then boom, I see Paok fans blaming Garcia... Like do you honestly believe if Ferriera was the coach we would of won today? 

Why are none of you blaming Olef Rebbe for signing Colak?  

We lost the game due to individual errors not tactics.

Garcia has already put Athens and the media of the Gayros in their place and is & has already made his points in a nice professional way saying we need better quality players.... 

It doesn't matter who was the coach today lets face it, we dont have a decent striker, were reallying on a 18 year old winger to win us matches, both Murg & Biseswar are just not up to it...... Yet you blame Garcia? 

This is an issue with the quality of players we have, not a tactical issue, or a commitment issue, or a coaches inability to get the most out of his players. 

For me the only mistake he made today was taking out Wague! Other than that go blame Swiderski for missing a sitting a 1-1 and blame Rebbe for bringing Colak & blame Lucescu for making us miss two European seasons causing this financial fair play situation! 

Ase mas sto pono me tis m*****es sas. 

Edited by PAOKSYD

We had 75% possession, over 20 corner kicks, and Omonoia parked a bus in defense.  The only thing that was missing was the goals.  What do you guys think the score would have been with Prijovic in there instead of Swiderski?  Crespo and Varella have given their best years to us, and now they're old.  Colac is an absolute hack at this point....maybe he breaks out this season, maybe he doesn't.  Wague is a garbage player that has shown us maybe 15 minutes of decent play....but who else could have played there?  Put Crespo back there and watch the comedy that is his ball handling and passing? Giannouli's was coming off injury and was in yellow card danger.  

This loss has zero to do with Garcia.  I'm not gonna be a Pablo fan boy.  I love the guy, but when it's his fault, I'll be the first to say it....but this has ZERO to do with Garcia.  Put Colac in with Swiderski for what? So that when he's out there looking like a patata everyone can yell PABLO!!! CAN'T YOU SEE THE GUY SUCKS!!! Get real. And replace who with him?  Tzolis or Zivcovic? Please.  A defender?  They were already struggling as it is.  

We have some players who are of really good quality, and then there's those that are either garbage or just plain old now.  El Kaddouri made a horrible mistake in the end with that penalty but he's shown that he can play on a higher level.  Did Pablo tell him to commit that foul?  Let's cut the BS of blaming Garcia when there's clearly plenty of other issues way higher on the food chain.

It's disappointing...in the end we just couldn't get the goal.  If I was Garcia, I'd be having them practice corners and set pieces til the cows came home after that abysmal showing. 

Edited by BostonThanatos

12 hours ago, SydneyPAOK said:

Lol the funny thing is that whilst he calls you anti-PAOK he spells PAOK in lower case which to me is anti-PAOK.

Yes that is a cardinal sin. PAOK should be spelled only with capital letters! Period.

When people have no substance in thought or argument they turn to grammar. 

Im not a Pablo fan boi, I just do not understand how as soon as we finally get a coach who understands PAOK, someone who knows how to give it to the Athenian press, some people fall into the trap of trying to call Pablo inexperianced etc etc 

Coaching is more than giving it to the press. And wouldn’t you call him inexperienced? Not saying that’s a bad thing but he needs games under his belt to learn how to coach a senior team. Can’t expect him to be Mourinho right away. But if he’s still making the same mistakes 10/15 games down the road then it’s fair to question him. I’ve always wanted Garcia. Months ago I said on the air if we had an opening we should fill it with him so I’m rooting for success for Pablo.