Phantis Forums

EL-GS-R5: Omonia - PAOK (03-Dec-20, 22:00 EEST)

Blackhawk

Omonia.jpg.04708bd11ff06842293e11abf01a22b7.jpg VSPAOK.jpg.7de7d2bb75e005d04e45c1019fd2758a.jpg

MATCHUP:              Omonia Nicosia – PAOK Thessaloniki
COMPETITION:     Europa League – Group Stage – Round 5
DATE:                    03-December-2020
TIME:                     22:00 EEST (20:00 GMT, 14:00 CST, 07:00 AEST next day)
CITY/STADIUM:   Nicosia – GSP Stadium (22,859)
REFEREES:              Craig Pawson - Lee Betts, Ian Hussin (England)
TELEVISION:        COSMOTE Sport 1 (Greece), Optus Sport (Australia), DAZN (Canada), CBS All Access, TUDN.com, TUDNXtra (USA)

PAOK’s History against teams from Cyprus in European Competitions

2020-2021:  PAOK – Omonia Nicosia     1:1 – (Murg) - Att: nf – Europa League (Group Stage – Round 1)

1976-1977:  PAOK – Omonia Nicosia     1:1 – (Sarafis) - Att: 11,045 - Champions Cup (Round 1, Leg 2)
1976-1977:  Omonia Nicosia – PAOK     0:2 – (Koudas, Sarafis) - Att: 9,400 – Champions Cup (Round 1, Leg 1)

GAMES:  3    WINS:  1    TIES:  2    LOSSES:  0

Giannoulis is included in the squad:

Πασχαλάκης, Ζίβκοβιτς, Ταλιχμανίδης, Ουαγκέ, Ροντρίγκο, Λύρατζης, Βαρέλα, Ίνγκασον, Κρέσπο, Μιχαηλίδης, Γιαννούλης, Εσίτι, Τσιγγάρας, Ελ Καντουρί, Νινούα, Σβαμπ, Βρακάς, Μπίσεσβαρ, Μουργκ, Α.Ζίβκοβιτς, Σφιντέρσκι, Τζόλης, Τσόλακ, Κούτσιας.

Augusto is suspended. 

But it does raise an interesting point on who will be our third midfielder. El-Kaddouri and Schwab are locks to start, I hope the other mid isn't Esiti. He wasn't given the start in Eindhoven which was the perfect match for him, he shouldn't be starting a game like this. 

It could be Tsiggaras, also a chance Garcia goes with a no.10 given Omonoia will sit deep so Murg is in with a shout. Unlikely IMO that Ninua will get the nod. 

If Giannoulis isn't fit enough to start I'd say we'll go with Rodrigo or Lyratzis at left back with Giannoulis coming off the bench if we still need a goal. 

I forgot Ninua was in the squad. I'd give him that third spot.

No way Giannoulis plays the whole game. Wouldn't be surprised to see him start though. I believe he's had only one full training session since returning though.

He was going to play anyway. Every player that is part of the pre-game press conference always starts. I expect Tzolis to have a great game.

As for Esiti he should only be used in the 2nd half when we have he lead.

Regarding the scenarios. The way I see it we will have to win both remaining games. Granada has been struggling lately and I am convinced that PSV will defeat them quite easily.

For that reason we need to win tomorrow at any cost and then finish the job at Toumba against Granada. the good thing is that Omonia pretty much gave up on the remaining European games. Their only incentive is the 570K they would get for the win.

2 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

He was going to play anyway. every player that is part of the press conference always starts.

Come on fearless leader, THE JOKE WAS GOOD, just admit it broke through your layers of armor and pierced that cold, cold heart of yours.

• Like it 1

Here’s how I’d line up: 

Zivkovic

Wague     Ingasson    Varela.      Rodrigo

Schwab  El Kaddouri

Zivko.                    Murg.              Tzolis

Swiderski