Phantis Forums

EL-GS-R4: PSV Eindhoven - PAOK (26-Nov-20, 22:00 EET)

Blackhawk

I think Granada will try to win. They desperately need coefficient points, and they are also professionals who are not paid to throw games. Does anyone here really think they would prefer to sit as third seed in these kinds of groups going forward?

I also would not be surprised if we beat Granada.

3 minutes ago, PaokCT said:

Agreed with all of this. Shoot once we go up 2-0 and with Tsingaras already with a yellow card I would have made the switch right away. Giannoulis’ injury came at the wrong moment.

These are the result of a poorly organised pre-season.

1) Leo Matos is excluded from the squad. We play the biggest games in our history against Krasnodar without a proper wingback (Crespo) and lose them only to find that Matos is suddenly back in the team pretty much the next day

2) We tell Vieirinha he is done at PAOK. He doesn't play in any of the CL matches and would have buried the penalty against Krasnodar in the first game. Then all of sudden he is also back in the squad but isn't available for European games because it all happened after the deadline

3) We sell Akpom right before the biggest games of our history

Then comical stuff during the season:

1) After coming back into the fold Leo Matos then decides up sticks and move back to Brazil

2) Ferreira then follows him and they play against each other in Brazil a few days later

3) Giannoulis is completely burnt out from playing consecutive games for us and Greece - it certainly would have been different with him this evening

Tonight was absolutely shocking. The defending was atrocious and I never want to see Crespo in a wing back position again. The worst part is that this is our last season playing in a serious European Championship. From next season it will be conference league with the likes of Qarabag, Astana and FK Tirana.

• Like it 2

If we want to have any chances of qualifying we probably need to win both games.

Also today it was evident that Tzolis despite the big talent he needs to work on his defensive skills. He did not help at all in that aspect of the game today.

30 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

If we want to have any chances of qualifying we probably need to win both games.

Also today it was evident that Tzolis despite the big talent he needs to work on his defensive skills. He did not help at all in that aspect of the game today.

We can advance with 4 points. Most likely we will have 8 points after next game. There will be three possible scenarios: 

Scenario A

Granada 13

Paok 8

PSV 6

Scenario B

Granada 10

PSV 9 

Paok 8

Scenario C

Granada 11

Paok 8

PSV 7

1 hour ago, Athens4 said:

The defending was atrocious

some defensive stats:

• This was our 5th straight game where we haven't kept a clean sheet.
  • Last clean sheet was a month ago away against Granada in the 0-0 draw
  • in our 16 competitive matches so far this season we have kept a clean sheet 4 times.
    • Larissa 1-0, Volos 0-0, OFI 4-0, Granada 0-0.

I put 60% of the loss on Crespo, and 40% on Garcia for starting with Colac and Crespo, and taking Tzolis out and leavinf Colac in.  Crespo CAN NOT play that postion.  He is a GREAT defender but cannot do what Giannoulis does...he has not ball control and can't pass the ball in an offensive transition to save his life.  

How we are blaming Garcia on this lose is beyond me! 

We went 2 nil up! We cannot blame Garcia for Crespo performance! 

Garcia having Swiderski & Colak as strikers is not really quality for him to be in some dilema. 

Paok will lose matches & still has the ability to qualify with 2 wins, so progress to the next round is still in our hands. 

19 minutes ago, PAOKSYD said:

Garcia having Swiderski & Colak as strikers is not really quality for him to be in some dilema. 

Paok will lose matches & still has the ability to qualify with 2 wins, so progress to the next round is still in our hands. 

Why can't we blame Garcia for Crespo performance? Does he not know what Crespo can and can't do? Did he not watch the UCL playoff where Crespo played in the same position? Tell me, if he put Zivko Zivkovic in the same position and he screwed would it not be Garcia's fault?

Does this make him a bad coach? No? Was it a mistake? Yes. Did he have few other options? Yes due to issues outside his control and those that predated his promotion.

We have to blame Garcia for Crespo's performance because Crespo played to his maximum which in this position is extremely limited.

Anyone who blames Garcia is not a paok fan!!!! 

Your comments above are stupid, unjustifiable and anti-paok. 

You want to blame the coach because Gianmoulis was injured, because the other two left back options in Vieirinhia & Perriera are not registered to play in Europe? 

Smack yourself across the face. 

6 hours ago, PAOKSYD said:

Of course he doesn't take the blame for going 2-0 up. He takes the blame for what he did after. Tsiggaras was completely lost after our second. Their midfield which was made up of tanks literally ran ours over. He should have been brought off at half time and replaced by Esiti who is a beast himself.

Also, why did he play Crespo at wingback? Did he not see the games against Krasnodar?

19 hours ago, PAOKSYD said:

Anyone who blames Garcia is not a paok fan!!!! 

Your comments above are stupid, unjustifiable and anti-paok. 

You want to blame the coach because Gianmoulis was injured, because the other two left back options in Vieirinhia & Perriera are not registered to play in Europe? 

Smack yourself across the face. 

Smack myself across the face? Not a PAOK fan? I make a balanced assessment of my thoughts and this is the kind of childish rubbish you have in response?

Let me add to my statements previously and hopefully you can follow on. Garcia made a positional move with Crespo. Let's assume his hands were tied to start with. He made no change until we were behind for this position. Once the game started did he have options to adjust? Yes, at least two that I can think of. He could have 

a] switched to a 4-4-2 system were Crespo only needs to defend, not try and put in a cross or play an attacking ball.

b] switched Crespo for Ingason. From what we've seen Sveri likes to get forward and personally I think as a wing back he'd be more of an upgrade to the position than Crespo is a reduction at centre back.

but what do I know I'm just an anti-paok fan who needs a smack in the face.

You sound like tsoukalas or some skouliki reporter on libero hiding as a paok fan. Xese mas when did you become a coach? Saying he should of changed to a 4-4-2, then saying he should of taken out iggi? 

We lost the match from crespo &  in the midfield you goose!!! Go learn football and dont make anti-paok comments 

How can you i go back and read comments from you in the past? Want to see if these anti paok comments are first time or you do it all the time

Edited by PAOKSYD

No I'm definitely anti PAOK you've worked me out. I'm secretly a Russian bot hired by a competing oligarch to Ivan. I have come to this forum that is so popular to post my propaganda in order to convert the 30 or so PAOK fans to sacrifice their first born children to Marinakis.

You can find proof of this if you just click my username, you can do a deep dive on all my posts to satisfy your conspiracy theory loving heart, when you've finished your detective work I expect you to send the AFP around to my place.

Also on a serious note, work on your comprehension. I didn't say we didn't lose the match in midfield and I didn't say it was Garcia's fault we lost the match [I also didn't say to take out Iggi] so if you're going to go name calling at least do me the courtesy of understanding what I wrote.

I was specifically talking about the choice to play Crespo and keep him there for far too long. 

51 minutes ago, PaokCT said:

Extra butter, the more butter the better! I think it’s Orville’s?

Upon going to the cinema for the first time in the US I actually couldn't believe there was a tap for melted butter. The Europeans who arrived there all those years ago must have been confined by healthy-eating parents their whole lives before setting sail. This is definitely one of their ways of saying "F you" for all the times they weren't allowed to eat sweets and had to make do with potatoes and broccoli instead.

PS. My girlfriend (who is from the US) made sweet potato casserole as part of our Thanksgiving meal this year. Brown sugar mixed in with sweet potato? Fair enough, I will give it a try. MARSHMALLOW MELTED ON TOP? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?! IT'S OK, YOU CAN HAVE AS MANY SWEETS AS YOU LIKE NOW, YOU'RE FREE! STOP TRYING TO MAKE A POINT!

• Like it 2

Yessss the melted butter tap is my favorite. Movie popcorn here is the best kind. They sell them in stores and I always get too many packages.

I had the sweet potato for the first time too!! We made it with marshmallows as well and it was a little too sweet for me